Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just released another huge expansion, theyve added new skilltrees you can ascend to by beating a new dungeon, along with tons of other poo poo. its ma favorite diablomans so im pretty pumped to play this when i get home, who else is down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

lmao I'm glad I refreshed before posting this thread

I am down for some HC,

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i kind of want to play this but i would have to re download and install it and that's really putting the fire out on the whole thing

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

have some discipline and download it while you go out to meet your dealer :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

for the new league, golden chests randomly pop up in the world guarded by unique ghost enemies, the chests drop a lot of stuff along with "perandus coins"

perandus is a wandering vendor that you randomly encounter as you play, he makes an offer for some coins. i just ran into him for the first time and he gave me a rare ring. it's pretty neat.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's play this, 2gether.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

for the new league, golden chests randomly pop up in the world guarded by unique ghost enemies, the chests drop a lot of stuff along with "perandus coins"

perandus is a wandering vendor that you randomly encounter as you play, he makes an offer for some coins. i just ran into him for the first time and he gave me a rare ring. it's pretty neat.

Gah that sounds cool. Still probably not going to DL it though LOL

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Ruthless

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

i thought this was a troll free space..

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
this is f2p right? what exactly are the monetized parts of the game and do they have an impact on your fun if you don't want to pay

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it costs 5 dollars to level up and you get a virus if you don't put in your credit card number

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
poo poo!!!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
real talk though it's like 99% cosmetic stuff like alternate spell effects

i think you can buy respec points too maybe?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

real talk though it's like 99% cosmetic stuff like alternate spell effects

i think you can buy respec points too maybe?

no its cosmetics and stash tabs only. you start with 4 which is a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

this is f2p right? what exactly are the monetized parts of the game and do they have an impact on your fun if you don't want to pay

the only thing you can buy that has anything to do with gameplay is stash space, the game gives you tons of it to start with and if you just play seasons you'll never run out.

but if you make like, a ton of characters and put in 90+ hours into the game the space will start getting rly tight. at that point though i feel you owe the devs a few bucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new totem skill that summons a big ghost version of me that bashes monsters and increases ally attack speed is 👌 👌 👌 👌 👌

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the new spells own lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress im gonna make a necromancer just to use that punishment spell

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure Punishment is really old

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Pretty sure Punishment is really old

oh, well, ive never seen it before loll

is this new?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ok the labyrinth is loving brutal lol

its a long dungeon that you can't leave at any point or you have to start over, this includes death. the boss is super hard and you fight stronger versions of him a few times throughout the lab, in the later phases there are also traps in the room. everyone in the chat was unanimous, dont even attempt the lab until youve at least beaten the story on that difficulty, specifically because the boss is loving crazy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game is still slow and boring rear end, OP.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That unique is extremely bad even if you specced your entire build into bleeding and bleed damage and crits. Wow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

That unique is extremely bad even if you specced your entire build into bleeding and bleed damage and crits. Wow.

its a level 5 unique lol its just intended for some early crit fun, its not some super endgame weapon

Wormskull posted:

This game is still slow and boring rear end, OP.

its awesome actually

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

its a level 5 unique lol its just intended for some early crit fun, its not some super endgame weapon

Problem is that bleeding, like ignite, is almost impossible to reliably apply at low levels. I guess you could use Puncture on a boss with it equipped as an offhand in Normal and Cruel or something.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the knife causes bleeding on crit and hugely boosts crit chance lol

i finished the labyrinth w/ a party, definitely not meant to be taken alone. in the final phase the boss summons a ton of ads, including other bosses and hes shooting out all kinds of poo poo, it's chaos.

lot of reason to re-run it though. on death he covered the entire arena in items, and he drops a couple of special lab keys. next room is full of big locked chests and they also drop a crapload of stuff. it was rly cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm down loading this now.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

my character is a witch using orb of storms + lightning tendrils. i got a cool level unique boots called wanderlust for 20 perands coins which i was able to afford cause i asked in chat if they were worth it and i got 3 ppl telling me they would hook me up with some coinage. so I just let all of them give me coins real sick like and now i got dope boots and hella coins lol. this is fun

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i like it so far, havent found a way to wear pants yet

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gave it a try. Got to Act 2 on a hardcore run, then I accepted a daily quest from one of the masters and was murdered by a horde of spiders. Wouldn't recommend doing hardcore until you've got a feel for the difficulty curve.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The problem with PoE's difficultly curve is that it's really easy to cruise through all of Normal and most of Cruel without even thinking about what you're doing and then oh no it's hardcore and you're fighting Piety or the Vaal Oversoul with no resists.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont suffer from enough loot lust to care about this game

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I don't really think it's loot lust for me, I just love how there are billion little systems you can master to make your character better, and billion little synergies and stuff to specialize. Or the inverse, building your character so your can use as many different skills and items as possible.

Oh and the new Labyrinth is legit fun on the first few tries, just bring enough movement speed (like Wanderlust heh).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

i like it so far, havent found a way to wear pants yet

Templars have shunned pants.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

I don't really think it's loot lust for me, I just love how there are billion little systems you can master to make your character better, and billion little synergies and stuff to specialize. Or the inverse, building your character so your can use as many different skills and items as possible.

Sounds like true Hell. I vow to never play this game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that random guy is talking nonsense. i picked the big barbarian guy, im going sword n board + juggernaut for ascendancy and i just keep getting more health and melee damage and stuff that sounds cool like "you cant dodge but you never flinch"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The random guy is right though. The game is exactly as complex or not complex as you want it to be. It's possible to make epic combos or you can focus all your effort on just one skill and kind of damage.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah im just using static strike on everything and some auras+curses lol. but when you party up w/ people you see crazy stuff. i saw a dude using a fireball shotgun that would multiply further when it hit enemies and keep bouncing and multiplying off everything, filling the screen. it was epic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cruel mode is a walk in the park cause youre getting in the swing of things w/ your passives and the game is giving you a lot of powerful equipment and then merciless kicks you in the balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i can shoot flaming skulls at people

• Locked thread