Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Samovar posted:

Ah, I remember thinking, with how the first modern warfare turned out, with certain set-pieces, that maybe there was a critique of war in general in the game.

Nope. No there wasn't.

There was but the later games in the series which threw it away altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's almost like foreshadowing can be a clever way to hint at an overarching story without spelling it out.

Nah, let's just include more explosions and dumb setpieces.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The opening shot of that second mission looks so good, I keep getting taken aback by it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Casualty posted:

Wow, all the older COD games on Steam are $20. That's pretty lame, I was hoping COD4 was cheap so I could get in on this action.

Same here. :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That last sequence where you hold position was the hardest part of my Veteran run by far. Good lord it was nasty.

• Locked thread