Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

<Your PC just gets done mowing down yet another squad, shifts to third-person, and looks down at the carnage>

PC: "When you think about it, war really is hell."

<Proceeds to engage in an awesome motorcycle chase sequence that ends with him blowing the bad guy's limbs off in midair>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Granted, Halo 4 started borrowing CoD's "sudden QTE/gameplay change" for its' campaign, which... Honestly felt like it clashed enough with what most of the series had done beforehand that it lowered my opinion of it even further.

...On the other hand, that's probably also because so many of them were poorly executed. gently caress that flying mission at the end! :argh:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

gently caress Halo 4 in general. They made some nice improvements to the graphics of the game (especially on the Xbox360), but the story was really poorly handled and the multiplayer was a joke.

And the Prometheans had to be the single most aggravating NPC faction in the entire franchise the one time I played through H4's campaign.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

This was the last CoD game I bought. What came after it was just too much streamlined action movie stuff to be really enjoyable for me. This game is pretty good though, all things considered. Except for the defense under the ferris wheel in Pripyat. That part is bullshit and got me killed a million times :argh:

E: Also the first level left another mental mark on me. Like, back in the day I thought the part where the ship twists and turns while you run&gun through it was the coolest poo poo

That's the thing, I think: CoD4's story was relatively more nuanced than anything they've put out since. I mean, it goes to some lengths to point out that a lot of the major conflicts ultimately boiled down to blowback from the U.S.'s interventions/actions in the closing years of the Cold War.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

On the plus side, we're getting to what may be the other most-remembered sequence of this game. I'd honestly consider it the highlight... If it wasn't for those loving dogs. :argh:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

For someone who hasn't played any CoD since World at War, what made MW3 and Ghosts so terrible?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So, just in time for Halo to complete the slide into its' nadir? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Something tells me that the inevitable Halo 6 will break expectations on just how much lower the franchise can sink.

• Locked thread