Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

This was the last CoD game I bought. What came after it was just too much streamlined action movie stuff to be really enjoyable for me. This game is pretty good though, all things considered. Except for the defense under the ferris wheel in Pripyat. That part is bullshit and got me killed a million times :argh:

E: Also the first level left another mental mark on me. Like, back in the day I thought the part where the ship twists and turns while you run through it was the coolest poo poo

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Huh, I've actually never really thought about the deeper levels behind the plot or whatever. What makes this game good to me is that the cinematics and the missions just flow so well into each other and form a tight experience from start to end. It's just very well designed in that regard, I think. Current CoD games of course still have this design formula, but it became much more explody and over the top just for the sake of being over the top, you know? Also the game and gunplay is real sweet and punishes you for the most part when you rambo it up too much. It hits the sweetspot between you being a badass soldier mans or just the bullet chewing plot carrier.

Also nice try blaming the game, Lazyfire. I saw how you placed that mine on the stair below the top

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

IronSaber posted:

That loving TV station. :argh:
Same

The tank defense is real dope though. All the encounters are well designed to be hectic and dangerous but not unfair or whatever. Also I share the RPD love, Lazyfire. That gun is so drat fun

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

drkeiscool posted:

You've been fighting through loud, high intensity combat zones the whole campaign, and suddenly it's dark and quiet except for the howling wind and collapsing buildings and... children's laughter? You're character can't even stand at first, and he shudders and lurches when you move, and curls in pain when you fall out of the chopper. Then you look around an apocalyptic hellscape with the radio operators setting up assistance you won't get, and then you die.
Same

Like, that part is remembered well because it was so ruthless from a design standpoint and many players(me too) didn't believe that the game actually goes fubar. Real good poo poo

Also while I watch these videos, I remember how grenade happy the AI was in this game :argh:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Ah dang, I would have loved to join in and be terrible. But as it turns out, my old disc version of this game refused to instal and the copy protection code is in the format that can't be redeemed on steam :negative:

• Locked thread