Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Ah, getting back to boots on the ground. I've been getting AR camos in Black Ops 3 lately so it's good to see some of my favorite of the CoD scenes in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

The RPD remains tied for my favorite LMG in Call of Duty, alongside the murdertrain that is the Black Ops 1 M60. In MW2 I loved to Bling it with grip and FMJ. Although, the MK46 in MW3 was a loving laser if you put Grip, Kick and the Thermal Sight on it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I finished all the challenges for OMA by using it as an alternative to reload the RPD. I think it took 10 seconds to reload and OMA Pro let you change classes in 3 seconds instead. Load up an LMG with FMJ rounds and you don't need to worry about not having a launcher in your secondary slot.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 9, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I'd love to play some CoD4 on PS3, but I don't even know if the servers are running anymore. I think I tried firing it up a few months ago and found no active games going on.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah, the radical shift in the power balance struck the same chord in me as Spec Ops: the Line. In Spec Ops, you're slowly degenerating to the low level of an inhuman monster, more or less. In this mission, you're so incredibly overwhelming the enemy that you lose track of your own humanity.

That said, the AC-130 was the best way to drop a nuke on your enemies in MW2 :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I liked the Ghosts multiplayer, even if I was going alone for a while. I lost most of my buddies because it took me a while to get a PS4. I was a holy terror in Hardcore modes thanks to the thermal sight on the MK14 EBR. Nobody ever ran Incog so they stood out like a beacon in their little camper corners. Oddly, with Oracle being so prevalent nobody tended to use Blind Eye, either.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

...I want a Brick Blaster :(

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I came real close to getting a nuke all of once. I was at 24-0 on Wasteland and then got blindsided by a guy. He even messaged me asking if he ruined the nuke because he got a Buzzkill bonus for it. He felt bad about it :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Heh. Nice rendition of the Ow Mix jingle there :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

EDIT: Also, "the SAW is pretty good-- it's my third favorite LMG." Aren't there only three LMGs in this game? RPD, M60, M249?

Apparently so. I thought the M240 was in it as well, but that didn't show up until MW2. And if I recall, the silencer is bugged on it there and didn't hide your location for some reason. So you get reduced damage for no benefit except to do the Silencer challenges :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Double XP weekend. I'll be on Blops3 as much as I can. I think I saw it was double weapon XP, too, so that'll make grinding camo easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

beru04 posted:

Well, good timing on this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDN0HqCQaI

Wonder what the maps are going to be? Crash, Backlot and Crossfire are confirmed so far.

Overgrown seems to be heavily implied from twitter, too. I think Bowling tweeted the load pic for the map and said something about going camping in Grandma's House.

• Locked thread