Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
As much as I have a personal dislike of Oldbag, and as much as Waffleman is right--the third game has the worst in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Third game has the most fabulous character

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I suspect we may be discussing the same character. Almost certainly the same case.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

LordNagash posted:

Because as the game says, he may be easily intimidated and rather dim, but he always makes the right decision in the end.

He may also be getting sick of Von Karma pushing him around. He is the Judge after all, stop telling him what to do.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Yeah, at least based on what we've seen so far, the judge is easily confused and can easily be swayed by a forceful personality, but the more you gently caress with him the more he starts pushing back. Mechanically that even seems to apply to Phoenix with regards to the strike system. As long as your wild speculation is plausible he'll contentedly follow along with your weird breaches of decorum, but if you start loving up or wasting his time he pulls to an abrupt stop.

I'm not sure if that makes him a well-written character or anything like that, but he does at least seem to be consistent.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Uncle Phil might not be the sharpest tool in the drawer, but gently caress with him too much and he'll smack your rear end down.

And no I don't know what his canon name is and I don't care it's Uncle Phil and always will be.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Uncle Phil might not be the sharpest tool in the drawer, but gently caress with him too much and he'll smack your rear end down.

And no I don't know what his canon name is and I don't care it's Uncle Phil and always will be.

He doesn't have one, so this might be the case!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

"DO I LOOK LIKE A WHITE MAN NAMED WARD?! ...wait..."

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

Mors Rattus posted:

If any man have intercourse with a foreign woman and pick up this one, now that one, there is no punishment.
I read this 3 or 4 times and I still have no clue what it's saying.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Polybius91 posted:

My guess is that it means if you have sex with several foreign woman, there is no punishment.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Stephen9001 posted:

My guess is that it means if you have sex with several foreign woman, there is no punishment.

Or perhaps sleeping with a foreign woman and than sleeping with a local?... I dunno, it's hard for me to parse too, maybe the translation is bad. (And anyway, the operative bit is it's ok to gently caress a horse, as long as you don't get near the royals or the holy men.)

But yeah, this is happening now. Larry's testimony is already better than I ever hoped for :allears:

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

Polybius91 posted:

Going by my knowledge of Leviticus, it probably has something to do with the status of wives. You can't just leave a native wife (or concubine, or woman you have kids wife, or longterm relations) but it doesn't matter if she is foreign.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

resurgam40 posted:

I dunno, it's hard for me to parse too, maybe the translation is bad.

It definitely sounds like a literal translation of an idiom, rather than a natural translation of the concept being presented.

Trying to do an accurate natural translation of legal text seems like an absolutely hellish task though, so...

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I know it's not the most current idiom, but "[now] this one, now that one" just means in a fickle/haphazard/indecisive manner. Waffling. Willy nilly.

Don't hate the player, hate the part where you're foreign and therefore don't count according to a strict reading of the rules of the game.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Case 4 - Turnabout Goodbyes
Trial (Day 3) - Part 3

: So, you turned on the radio?
: Right!
: I just wanted to hear someone's voice, y'know? You don't know what it's like out there, alone, on Christmas Eve! Alone!
: (I shouldn't have said anything...)

: Do you by any chance remember the name of the program you were listening to?

: This has nothing to do with the case, Your Honor!
: Objection sustained. The witness was listening to the radio. That is all we need to know.
: Tell us, Mr. Butz, how loud was your radio set to that night?

: Real "booming" loud?
: Yeah, y'know.
: And you had headphones on?
: Yup.
: I wouldn't think you could hear anything going on outside at all...

: Can you prove that...?
: No... no, of course you can't.
: Nah, I can't prove it. But I remember that moment real clear.
: I mean, while I was talking about it, it came back real clear to me, y'know?

: What did he say?

: Mr. Wright! Please cease these pointless questions!
: What possible good could knowing what a radio DJ said do us!?
: Indeed, Mr. von Karma has a point.

: (Hm... right. I didn't really have a deep reason for asking, now that I think about it.)
: Understood, Your Honor. I withdraw my question.
: Continue your examination of the witness, then.
: (This is getting nowhere...)

Which brings us to the loop.

: (This is the most ludicrous testimony I've ever heard. But there is one gleaming ray of hope in there!)
: (I've got to press it until we get to the bottom of what happened!)

But if we take the other option...

: We should care, Your Honor! Of course we should!
: Why?
: Uh.
: W-well, how do you know if we don't ask, hmm?
: Fine, very well.
: Mr. Butz, please testify to the court. What was the radio announcer saying when you heard the gunshot?

: Are you sure?
: Course I am!
: She had this real sexy voice...
: (Hmm... maybe von Karma was right. I'm not sure how that helped us at all.)

And we go back to the loop. Have you spotted the problem?

: Larry! Are you absolutely sure what you're saying is correct!?
: Huh? What's with the face? You look scary, dude.
: Hey, if you're trying to scare me, you better know I don't scare that easy!
: Is something the matter, Mr. Wright?
: Your Honor!
: Did you hear what the witness just said?

: Indeed... And...?
: "Almost Christmas" means it wasn't Christmas! Do you realize what this means?

: When he heard the gunshot, it was still Christmas Eve!!!

: That would seem to be the case, yes...
: But that contradicts the two testimonies we have heard so far, Your Honor! Both Ms. Hart and the old man said it was after midnight when they heard the shots!
: In other words... When they heard the gunshots, it was already Christmas!!!

: Order! Order!
: What does this mean? The two prior witnesses heard gunshots after midnight. However, this witness says he heard a gunshot before midnight...
: Judge. The answer is quite simple.

: The current witness is plainly mistaken. Just look at him! Suspicious!
: Wh-whaaat!?
: Hmm...
: Well, Mr. Wright?

: Well...
: I guess, it had to have been Larry's mistake.
: Hah!
: Very well.
: W-w-waaaaait!
: I come up here, I give you a riveting testimony... And you laugh it off as some kinda mistake!?
: What about me!?
: How can you call yourself a friend, Nick? How!?

: ...
: Well, Mr. Wright?

This time, let's not piss Larry off.

: Larry's not mistaken, Your Honor!

: He heard that gunshot before midnight!
: Intriguing. I'm assuming you have evidence for this wild claim?

Have you spotted it?

: This was taken by our witness yesterday, Ms. Lotta Hart, with her automatic camera. The timestamp on the photo reads "December 24, 11:50 PM."
: Oh yeah? Hmm? But, there's nothing on the lake in this picture.
: Your Honor. The real issue here is not why nothing is shown in this photograph.
: It is why this photograph exists at all!
: What do you mean?
: Your Honor... This photograph was taken by an automatic camera.

: Ahah!
: Correct! There was a loud noise on the lake at 11:50 PM.

: In other words...

: When Larry heard that gunshot, it was most definitely Christmas Eve!
: Indeed, it would seem that is the case!
: Then... where does that leave us? Ms. Hart testified that she heard the gunshots after midnight.
: Are you claiming she was mistaken?

: Not at all, Your Honor.

: Why would this be...?

: Don't be fooled, Judge!
: That camera was set to respond to "loud noises"!
: Yes?

: There is no proof that the "loud noise" at 11:50 was a gunshot!
: Why, the witness could have sneezed, triggering the camera!
: H-hey, my nose was clear that night, man! Clear!
: Well, Mr. Wright? There's no turning back now. Can you prove that the "loud noise" at 11:50 PM was indeed a gunshot?

But what is it?

: The... murder weapon?
: Something about this pistol was bothering me, Your Honor.
: Both of the witnesses who testified yesterday heard two gunshots. However, the murder weapon was fired three times.
: When, then, was the last shot fired?
: Only now have I realized the truth.

: That third shot was the shot Larry heard just before midnight!

: Order! Order!
: That would make sense of the evidence we've seen so far.
: However... This leaves me wondering exactly what did happen that night on the lake.
: Exactly! If this is true, there were two sets of gunshots, separated by 25 minutes! One at 11:50, another at 15 minutes after midnight!

: Why, I ask you! Why!?
: (Uh oh, I'd better think of something quick!)
: (...)

: (Gunshots separated by 25 minutes...?)

: Wh-what's wrong, Nick!?
: I have it! I have it!
: Huh?
: Remember the case with the Steel Samurai!?
: Huh? Yeah, of course I remember...
: The murderer in this case had the same idea as the murderer in that case!
: What do you mean?
: Maya!
: Yes!?
: If we don't figure this out now, we'll never overturn Edgeworth's guilty verdict! I've got a hunch, and I'm going to run with it...
: Right! I mean... is this safe?
: Safe? We've already gotten a guilty verdict! We have nothing to lose!
: You just watch and let me know if I say anything that sounds fishy, okay?
: Right, Nick!

: Y-yes, Mr. Wright?
: The testimony just now has cleared up this entire case!

: What do you mean, Mr. Wright!?
: Tsk tsk tsk... So, you've finally realized the truth? There can be no other murderer here than Miles Edgeworth himself.

: Wrong, von Karma!
: A man was shot that night, but it wasn't Edgeworth who did the shooting!

: Listen, rookie. Take a deep breath, and consider the facts. At the time of the murder, one boat was on that lake.

: There was a gunshot fired on that boat, and Robert Hammond fell into the lake. The distance of the shooting was one meter. It couldn't have been suicide! Well?

: The guilty party has to be the other man on that boat!
: I admit, it is hard to imagine any other possibility.
: Yes...
: But this assumes that the victim was shot at 15 minutes after midnight.
: ... What do you mean by that, Mr. Wright?

: The timestamp on the photo says 00:15.
: But Larry heard a gunshot 25 minutes before that!

: Robert Hammond was killed then! 25 minutes before the shot on the lake! (That's the only way that Edgeworth could be innocent!)

Next time: Trying to prove it.

The Laws of the Hittites (translated), Section 199 posted:

If an ox spring upon a man for intercourse, the ox shall die but the man shall not die. One sheep shall be fetched as a substitute for the man, and they shall kill it. If a pig spring upon a man for intercourse, there is no punishment.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
And now poo poo starts coming together.

These are always the best parts of cases, when Phoenix finally starts to figure out exactly what happened.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Especially when he makes a leap or two in his deductions and the player has to piece together how it happened to 'catch up with him.'

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Did the game just forget the DJ's gender?

e: vvv I can definitely understands words and am not an idiot who completely misread obvious bullshit, I swear.

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 24, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ProfessorProf posted:

No, the "he" there refers to Larry. The DJ didn't hear the gunshot, after all.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

ProfessorProf posted:

When 'he' heard the gunshot is referring to Larry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But every time I do it makes me laugh.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

But every time I do it makes me laugh.

Same. :v:

This'll happen a few more times during the games. it get me every time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. So, possibly, he was shot and killed and then someone took Edgeworth out in the boat to frame him by missing a couple of gunshots?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet but Turnabout Musical is going on stage In December (and will be uploaded to Youtube afterward). Also the full soundtrack has been available on the website for a while. Note: There are spoilers for the rest of this case if you haven't played the game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
ARREST THE loving :parrot: ALREADY GUMSHOE YOU KNOW IT'S GUILTY AS gently caress

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Glazius posted:

Huh. So, possibly, he was shot and killed and then someone took Edgeworth out in the boat to frame him by missing a couple of gunshots?

I think he was fatally shot before he got on the boat and the second two shots were a frame-up job?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Night10194 posted:

Well I mean when you're bearing false witness in Japanifornia, you kind of expect it to go easily.

Cornered and the Freakouts are one of the most satisfying things I've seen.

From waaay back in the thread, but I wanted to say that Cornered and the Freakouts is a great name for a punk band.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So if you get hosed by a pig, nothing's wrong, but if you gently caress the pig yourself, you get sentenced to death? :psyduck:

"That pig was totally asking for it", a questionably valid legal defense even in biblical times.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don't you see? The victim was shot prior to getting on the boat, propped up by the steel samurai's spear, and pretended to speak via polly! Edgeworth is completely innocent!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There once was a Chinese general who, low on ammunition, placed scarecrows in boats on a foggy night and floated the boats into enemy territory. When the enemy shot at what was perceived to be a encroaching army, the general pulled back the boats to collect the arrows. This is probably a similar situation (bullet collection?), but Edgeworth was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time on a scarecrow boat.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

YggiDee posted:

There once was a Chinese general who, low on ammunition, placed scarecrows in boats on a foggy night and floated the boats into enemy territory. When the enemy shot at what was perceived to be a encroaching army, the general pulled back the boats to collect the arrows. This is probably a similar situation (bullet collection?), but Edgeworth was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time on a scarecrow boat.

Sounds like Zhuge Liang at Chi Bi. (or Red Cliffs, as some call it) Of course, a lot of feats are in a novelization so take that with a grain of salt. (I'm far from an expert on that history)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Drakenel posted:

Sounds like Zhuge Liang at Chi Bi. (or Red Cliffs, as some call it) Of course, a lot of feats are in a novelization so take that with a grain of salt. (I'm far from an expert on that history)

Depending on who you ask about the Three Kingdoms, Zhuge Liang was either a master tactician and skilled diplomat, or a loving wizard.

Clearly, the man who killed Robert Hammond was a loving wizard.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

KataraniSword posted:

Depending on who you ask about the Three Kingdoms, Zhuge Liang was either a master tactician and skilled diplomat, or a loving wizard.

(Massive hijack:) Romance of the Three Kingdoms is, as its title suggests, much more historical fantasy than historical fiction. A bunch of awesome deeds are wrongly attributed to people in order to make them way more badass.

Back to Ace Attorney, I've already spoiled myself on the plot, so I will withold my comments until everything has been revealed.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

YggiDee posted:

Why was Edgeworth out on a boat with a scarecrow?

OH MY GOD HE'S IN LOVE WITH A SCARECROW!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

"O God, since thou made Miles Edgeworth, why did thou also create Phoenix Wright?"

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Clearly, from all the evidence presented, we must conclude that Edgeworth is a loving wizard, your honor.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
"Your honor, if someone needs three tries to shoot someone from a meter away, can it really be considered murder and not an act of God?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Case 4 - Turnabout Goodbyes
Trial (Day 3) - Part 4

: It was the murderer and Robert Hammond!

: What are you saying!? That contradicts what you just told the court.
: You said that Robert Hammond had been killed 25 minutes before the gunshot!
: Y-yes, that's right.
: Also, might I mention... The defendant, Mr. Edgeworth, has admitted to being on that boat.
: Er, right, Your Honor. (Crash and burn...)

: Mr. Wright! Your client has already been declared guilty once!

: (*sigh*)
: Bah! I'll ask you again! Explain who is standing on the boat!

: Miles Edgeworth and Robert Hammond!

: Yes, I believe you are mad! That is exactly what I've been telling the court this whole time! You're agreeing with me! And yet, what did you just say?
: That Robert Hammond had been killed 25 minutes before the shot on the boat!?
: Y-yes, that's what I said!
: I was just testing you, von Karma!

: Mr. Wright! Your client has already been declared guilty once!

: (*sigh*)
: Bah! I'll ask you again! Explain who is standing on the boat!

: Of course, it was Edgeworth and the murderer!

: After the murderer killed Robert Hammond at 11:50... He assumed the guise of Mr. Hammond and met Edgeworth!

: Wh... What!? Are you serious?
: Yes. Edgeworth won't tell us why he went to the lake that night. However, I have a hunch.
: That night, Robert Hammond called Edgeworth to the lake. Now, Edgeworth didn't know Robert Hammond's face that well.

: That's why he didn't suspect anything when the murderer took Robert Hammond's place!
: ... I'm not sure what to make of all this.
: L-Ludicrous!
: Mr. Wright. Tell us the name of the murderer then!

: (On second thought, that's a really dumb answer...)
: (I might get a laugh or two out of the crowd, but that's about it.)
: Uh, Nick? Something on your mind?
: Huh? Oh, uh, nothing. Hah hah. *groan*

: Y-yes, Your Honor!
: The murderer's name...? Right! It's...

: The murderer is none other than Lotta Hart!
: ... The investigative photographer...?
: Um, yes.
: You're saying that young lady dressed up like Robert Hammond and fooled Mr. Edgeworth?
: Y-yes, well, she did look sort of manly.

: I am ashamed I actually listened to this utter nonsense.
: Listen!
: You came to this conclusion based on a piece of evidence.

: If you didn't have this photograph, you never would have made this claim!
: Correct? And just who was it who went out of her way to give you that piece of evidence?

: It was... Lotta Hart.

: Why would the murderer go to all that trouble just to deliver you decisive evidence!
: I guess... they wouldn't.

: (Whoops.)
: Mr. Wright! Can you really tell us the name of the murderer!?
: (Uh oh, he looks suspicious! I'd better bluff and bluff good!)
: The murderer's name...? Right! It's...

: Actually, I don't know the murderer's name.
: Y-you don't know!?
: Bah! Again, you waste my time!

: I don't know because he never told us!

: ...!
: The murderer is the caretaker of the boat shop, that old man!

: At 11:50, he was the one who killed Robert Hammond.
: The caretaker of the boat shop!?
: Wh-where did he do this!? There weren't any boats on the lake then!
: Why would he have to go all the way out on the lake just to shoot someone?
: May I suggest... That was the real scene of this crime was not in a boat!
: What!?
: W-well then, where did the murder take place!?

: Here, of course! The boat shop, where he lives.
: That way he could meet with the victim without anyone seeing!

: Do you have proof that the boat shop was the scene of the crime!?
: Recall Larry's testimony if you will.

: He heard a gunshot, Your Honor! Even though he was wearing headphones at the time! In other words, the gunshot was very, very close by! And where would that be if he had just returned a boat?
: The boat shop...!

: Mr. Wright! What happened that night on Gourd Lake!? Please tell the court, from the beginning!
: Y-yes, Your Honor.
: Nick, are you sure about this...?
: Um, not really. But, I think if I start at the very beginning... And I take it slow, I might just be able to figure this out...

: That night... The caretaker of the boat shop called Robert Hammond to his shop.

: That was when the gunshot that Larry heard was fired. After that, the caretaker put on Robert Hammond's coat... He became Robert Hammond!

: It was Miles Edgeworth...
: N-Nick! How could that be!? Wasn't that old man holding the pistol!?
: Uh, yeah. Good thinking!
: That was easy, Nick! What I'm worried about is what you're thinking!

This drops us off right where the right answer would.

: He shot twice. Both missed Edgeworth, on purpose.
: Wait a minute...
: Y-yes?
: Why would he shoot twice if he didn't mean to hit anyone?
: Uh... (Details! Details!)
: Know this, Mr. Wright. The moment you run out of explanations is the moment you lose.

: B-because the first shot missed?
: Missed?
: Yeah, he was aiming for Edgeworth, and he missed...

: What are you saying?

: Huh? Oh, uh, right.
: (Uh oh... I'd better figure out just what it is I'm trying to prove here.)

Which leaves us at the correct answer.

: I believe he shot twice to create a witness, Your Honor.
: Create a witness...?

: That ensures that anyone who heard the shot would be look at this lake. Indeed, Ms. Hart did exactly that after hearing the first gunshot. Next! The murdere waits a bit and he fires again. Then...

: Leaving the pistol in the boat behind him.
: ... I see!
: To someone looking from the edge of the lake... It would appear that one of the men on the boat had shot the other! The murderer didn't know about the automatic camera, of course.

: That's why he shot twice to draw attention to the boat!
: Once you realize that, everything else falls into place!
: The boat shop caretaker swam back to his shop. Then he put Mr. Hammond's wet coat back on the body. And threw the body into the lake!
: This is what happened, Your Honor.
: These are the events that transpired that night on Gourd Lake.

: Bailiff!
: Bring out the witness from before! The boat shop caretaker! Quickly!

: Very well. While we are waiting for the caretaker... I would like to ask the defendant, Miles Edgeworth, a few questions.
: Mr. Edgeworth. Please take the stand.

: Mr. Edgeworth... You heard what the defense has said?
: Yes.
: Well? Why did you go to the lake last night?
: What Wright has said was mostly correct. Astonishingly so, actually. Yes...

: The letter was signed, "Robert Hammond." He asked me to come to the boat shop by the lake at midnight on Christmas Eve. He said he had something very important to discuss with me.
: Something important?
: ... I'm sorry. I can't say what it was.

: Bailiff! We are conducting a trial here, I ask that you remain quiet...
: The witness has disappeared! He isn't at the boat shop, either!
: What!?
: What should I do?
: F-find him, quickly! We cannot allow him to get away!

: Mr. von Karma! Your witness has disappeared!
: ... A search warrant has already been issued.
: It goes without saying that I cannot declare a verdict under these circumstances.
: I will extend the trial until tomorrow, the final day allowed. I request that the police department utilize all its forces to find that witness! Am I understood?
: One more thing. Just who is that boat shop caretaker?
: I think his identity has become very important to this trial. I want him, and I want to know who he is.
: Very well. Court is adjourned!

: Yay, Nick! You did it!
: Yeah... Well, at least we got out from under that guilty verdict...
: And what about Larry! That was something else!
: Even von Karma didn't know what to do with his testimony!
: Larry really helped us out!
: Sure, once I sifted through his "unique" testimony. Still... he did save us. I just wish our cases weren't so down to the wire all the time.
: I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like it's us on trial instead of our clients!
: Hey, Edgeworth...
: Umm... Mr. Edgeworth?
: ! D-did you say something?
: Don't look so pained! I mean, it looks like you're probably going to get off the hook!
: You could try to smile just a little...? Relax!
: ... I'm sorry... But... I fear it's not over for me yet.
: Wh-what do you mean?
: Wright... There's something that's been troubling me for a long time now.
: And I don't know whether or not to tell you...
: Edgeworth?
: No... there's so little time left. I want to tell you, to get it off my chest, but... ...
: Hmm. I can't make up my mind. ...
: What is this about, Edgeworth?
: ... It's... a nightmare I've had. A memory of a crime... that I committed.
: A crime you committed?
: A memory... of a murder.

Next time: Many mysteries remain.

Table X, Sacred Law, Subsections 1-8, Rome (Translated) posted:

3. Expenses of a funeral shall be limited to three mourners wearing veils and one mourner wearing an inexpensive purple tunic and ten flutists[...]
4. Women shall not tear their cheeks or shall not make a sorrowful outcry on account of a funeral.
5a. A dead person's bones shall not be collected that one may make a second funeral.
5b. An exception is for death in battle and on foreign soil.
6a. Anointing by slaves is abolished and every kind of drinking bout [...] there shall be no costly sprinkling, no long garlands, no incense boxes [...]
6b. A myrrh-spiced drink [...] shall not be poured on a dead person.
7. Whoever wins a crown himself or by his property, by honor, or by valor, the crown is bestowed on him at his burial [...]
8. No gold shall be added to a corpse. But if any one buries or burns a corpse that has gold dental work it shall be without prejudice.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 27, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yes, the last day of 1-4 is incredible. Really sets the bar for the series and the topsy-turvy trials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Mors Rattus posted:

[img][/img]

There are extra img brackets here.

• Locked thread