Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There was a Roald Dahl short story about an old woman who beat her husband to death with a frozen lamb leg, and then cooked and fed it to the investigating officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zerbin7 posted:

Seems a bit dark for Dahl. Not that he had to only write one kind of book, but definitely not what I'd expect from the guy who wrote James and the Giant Peach. I have heard of similar stories, though. Makes working in a deli interesting, if you're in a morbid mood.

Dahl's stuff all has weird creepy poo poo it, like in The Witches (the book version) the kid is turned into a mouse forever, and he considered it a happy ending because now he won't outlive his grandmother. And in Matilda, Miss Trunchbull was sticking schoolkids in iron maidens.
And I can't remember what goes on in Charlie and the Great Glass elevator, but I'm pretty sure it freaked me out as a kid because I never read it again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Night10194 posted:

I don't think there are any sane people in Japanifornia besides Nick.

Given that Nick is actually trying to be a defense lawyer in this hosed up judicial system, I don't think he's sane either.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
God, I hope the parrot did it, somehow. Maybe she made the second gunshot sound.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There once was a Chinese general who, low on ammunition, placed scarecrows in boats on a foggy night and floated the boats into enemy territory. When the enemy shot at what was perceived to be a encroaching army, the general pulled back the boats to collect the arrows. This is probably a similar situation (bullet collection?), but Edgeworth was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time on a scarecrow boat.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Pash posted:

Ya, giving this law system showing that note in court might have been enough to convict Yanni Yogi and Von Karma of the murder...

Your honor, the defense claims that I wrote this note. Clearly they would have no reason to know what my handwriting looks like unless they forged this letter!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like "I cross examined a parrot to get you out of a murder charge!" is the sort of statement that wins a lot of arguments for the next few years.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So Von Karma has a granddaughter. Assuming it wasn't a hypothetical for the sake of the argument, is there then a Mrs. Von Karma? I can't imagine a person like him successfully romancing someone.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Normal characters are a precious commodity in Ace Attorney.

It's why he had to die! He's too normal to be a witness or a suspect, so the police department can't use him in court.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Given what we've seen of the justice system, why would the prosecution need false evidence? It barely needs any evidence at all.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nobody has ever cared about 'reasonable doubt' before, I can't believe they're starting now :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Dee was always one of my favorite characters in this and I always wonder what happened to her. She probably wasn't, like, a good person, what with blackmail and siccing mafia goons at folks, but Jack Hammer's death was definitely an accident of self defense so she might be the only person so far who doesn't get the death penalty.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm in an annoying position where I have both played and beaten this game but can't remember anything from the back half of this case, so I can't post my clever insights in case I'm just remembering poo poo instead of being smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
With blood that only appeared after the handprint was torn from his jacket.

• Locked thread