Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mors Rattus posted:

I have a good feeling about 2016.

Nick, what do you think?

I see. Good luck breaking the curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

WFGuy posted:

Ohhh, it was the victim's passport. I thought it was Larry's, that she was using it to keep track of his time to speak to him.

Yeah, that's a nice first case. And an innocent verdict, finding the killer, having a toupee thrown at you, and seeing the killer froth at the mouth like he just took TV cyanide - if that's where the escalation starts, then I'm definitely eager for more. Just how deep is this rabbit hole?

The start of the second case is what initially hooked me on the series. Stay strapped in for this ride. :getin:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Fun fact: All mentions of E.S.P. are removed in later releases of the game and replaced with just "spiritual power".

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The concept of Japanifornia is actually touched on by head of localization, Janet Hsu, on her Capcom-Unity blog.

Her articles naturally contain spoilers for the games, but the pertinent quote is this:

quote:

It was then that I created a little headcanon for myself (which I suppose is actually real canon now for the localized version): while “Gyakuten Saiban” takes place in Japan, the Los Angeles that “Ace Attorney” takes place in is an alternate universe where anti-Japanese sentiments and anti-immigrant laws were not enacted, and Japanese culture was allowed to flourish and blend into the local culture in the same manner as other immigrant cultures.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Regalingualius posted:

I dunno, I think the 'flinch' sprite he usually uses right before that one is better, even if it only lasts all of two seconds.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mors Rattus posted:

Motive really isn't important in this court, no.

It is when the defense has to prove it. :v:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I hope when the anime gets to this point they have Phoenix guess Grossberg and White are lovers. Who doesn't pick that option? :allears:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

theshim posted:

Yeah, this is unfortunate. The series as a whole is fantastic and nearly every single case has amazing twists at the end, but this case is simply ended with a flat out Mia ex machina. It's that it's such an exception that makes it really bug me, but it also means that the resolutions to other cases are thankfully superb.

It really could have been handled better, but I'm kind of okay with it since it's used to show how ruthless Edgeworth is and how he's not afraid to play dirty for his wins. I just wish Mia nailed him with something better than using blackmail on a blackmailer.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dr. Buttass posted:

He's trying to be Mr. Serious Lawyer Man

Is he though?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mors Rattus posted:

There are...two ladders.

Actually, they're step-ladders.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Xad posted:

Aha, a ramen burger! I've actually had one at a fast food place in Japan, it was surprisingly good?

Red Robin has them right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Poor Penny. During development, her name was an afterthought and it was considered impressive for you to remember it.

She was basically written out in the anime. She was briefly seen during an investigation montage and never again. She never even got her name mentioned let alone a speaking role.

• Locked thread