Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Kopijeger posted:

Why does she suddenly have Maya's hair colour?

Because Maya is the one channeling here spirit! Ergo, she looks kinda like a combo of Mia and Maya.

*sigh* ninja-ed while I was typing this, but I'm gonna post it anyway.
EDIT: Okay, fair point about appearing to have her own body and face yet not hair, in which case the answer is something along the lines of "that's how they decided to make this design look, don't ask me why". Though perhaps thought thought having Mia's normal hair colour would somehow make it too much of a discrepancy from Maya's look? Your guess is as good as mine there.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It'd be a bit lame for this series with it's love of wild character design to just have Mia talking through Maya.

Uhh.... but isn't that exactly what's happening? Would you mind elaborating on what exactly you mean by this? My guess is that you think "just having Mia talking through Maya" would essentially just completely look like Mia in Maya's outfit, whereas retaining Maya's hair colour makes the design a little different from that, and therefore less boring/more interesting? Something along those lines?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What I meant is just having Mia talk through Maya without any visual changes.

In that case, what exactly does that have to do with this?

Kopijeger posted:

Having the clothing and hairstyle of Maya makes sense. Appearing to have her own body and face yet having Maya's hair colour much less so.

This guy meant that having Mia's body and face yet not hair colour was weird, not that she should have looked entirely like normal Mia or Maya.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I like how Maya apparently likes to eat a lot and yet shows no sign of it, that's how you know someone's an anime (or a RPG character). Also,rattlesnake milking exhibition!? what? Why is that a thing?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Someone Awful! posted:

Best Worst of both worlds. :v:

My god... What IS that abomination!?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Is that a 2 I see in the top right of the picture? I think it is! That must be it! Why would he be at studio 2 and not studio 1!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

I remember a little while ago there was something of a brouhaha because someone who was being groomed to take over as one of the keepers of the Coca-Cola recipe released it...only for it to turn out that it was a fake recipe to test if he'd actually keep the secret or not.

This is equal parts hilarious (how the recipe was fake) and depressing (they were seriously grooming someone to be a holder of their "super secret recipe")

And now I want an in-game trail about something like this: "It was YOU who released the recipe for Colonel Sanders secret sauce!"

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Huzzah! I was right! Still, thinking about it I don't think there was anything else it could have been.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
...Why does the Florida ordinance have a definition of what Buttocks are?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Hmmm... My guess is that the man shot himself in front of Edgeworth as an extreme way of framing him. Why he would go to such an extreme I don't know, but it would probably be related to how Edgeworth "always get's a guilty verdict". Like, Edgeworth got a family member into jail/executed or something.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Oberndorf posted:

Also discourages random yahoos from coming into town, shooting at vague shapes in the woods, and killing campers, travelers, or other yahoos.

I suspect that's the main actual purpose of the law, tell people they can't shoot bigfoot, and they're less likely to accidently shoot innocents who they think are bigfoot. Then again I'm british not american, so perhaps the USA is just crazy.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Seriously, did anyone else think that Manfred was a vampire the first time they saw him?

Well, he wouldn't be the only vampire named Manfred von something.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Elric posted:

How the gently caress is telling the judge what to do not contempt of court?

Because the Judge is too scared to realise he could do that to the prosecution.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Elric posted:

It sure would be nice to have a witness who does not commit blatant perjury once.

Indeed. For some reason, I'm imagine a version of this with demonic lawyers who are allowed to eat anyone found guilty of (deliberately) lying on the witness stand. THAT oughta cut down on lying in court!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I dunno, he tried to shoot Edgeworth, missed, and got shot by a magic sniper rifle that made it seem like it was only a meter away? I dunno, I got nothing.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Hmmm..... Do we prove the monster doesn't exist by finding a picture of a bunch of trash in the shape of a monster or what? Also, why were there a bunch of flags from different countries? I say the UK, USA and Australia, just to name the obvious english speaking ones.

Also, I am somehow not at all surprised by that reincarnating buddha law.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

theshim posted:

This gives me flashbacks to playing Persona 4 as it happened.

God drat I'm old :smith:

Good thing they already talked about how Mia's computer was OLD, otherwise it'd look like we were still using ye old fat monitors today.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
You accidently bolded everything from
"Wait! What if... What if that old man was connected to DL-6[/b}?"

Other than that, seems like this old man is more important than we first thought...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So... loving a cow is punishable by death, but loving a horse simply disqualifies you from being near the king and joining the priesthood? Huh.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Polybius91 posted:

I read this 3 or 4 times and I still have no clue what it's saying.

My guess is that it means if you have sex with several foreign woman, there is no punishment.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think I asked the AskAceAttorney blog about that once.

Did you get a response? If so, would it be possible to post it here? Or would it be too much of a monumental pain in the rear end to find it?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Surprise!
The number one rule for this series is that nothing is ever so insane that it can't be true.

Yup, and it is glorious. Except for the times it's just straight up dumb.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

It's generally assumed that Manfred retrained the parrot because he's a severe perfectionist who considers 99.999% of all possibilities when it comes to cases.

The 0.001% being Larry then?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Nope! We don't! Keep in mind that they're the prototypes in role only, not character. I believe the Maya prototype was supposed to be a robot.

So, "prototype Mia" would have been some wise defender of the weak type (That's the only way I can link that look to being a defence attorney), and "prototype gumshoe" would have been a sexy (and almost certainly therefore more capable) detective? Now I kinda want to see that world, if only for how it would contrast with what we actually have.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Eat your hamburgers, Phoenix.

I like that she notes that the lunches are "imported from the far east". The excuses for Japanifornia slowly pile up....

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

Honestly, for real: Who the gently caress shaves with a switchblade?

I dunno, a character known as switchblade maybe? I'm pretty sure there's more than one character known as switchblade too.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

BlackPersona posted:

Subtle nothing, he's outright arguing against his witness here and doing Wright's job.

In fairness, the witness confessed to not liking prosecutors.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

God gently caress, how did I never think that in the original, he's a Japanese man desperately trying to be a cowboy.

To be fair, Cowboys are closest thing america has to Samurai, just as most of us over here in Europe have Knights.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
My gut tells me this is where we use the Blue Badger as evidence.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
It would appear the Defendant's stand and the Witness stand have the same graphic. This makes it look like Lana and Marshall are somehow standing in the same location, and talking to each other. Has this happend before, or is this the first time a witness has talked to the defendant like this? (barring that time when Phoenix was the defendant.)

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It hasn't happened before, but it's not the last time it happens in the series. The witness stand is basically the go-to place for anyone who's not the defense, prosecution, or judge to deliver lines.

Presumably, they have 2 different, but identical stands for the defendant and the witness. With one of those stand being invisible in the "can see most of the court" (the one from behind the stand) picture. Unless anyone else has any other theories?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, it's obvious what the next step is. And it's good to see Edgeworth pretty much being on our side here. Turns out you can have a good case without the prosecutor being actively hostile! Just have the actual criminal have power and the smarts to use it.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Nobody has ever cared about 'reasonable doubt' before, I can't believe they're starting now :v:

Ah but you see, this time it's an opportunity for the prosecutor to show up the chief of police! How could he say no to an opportunity like that!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Added Space posted:

This entire game series is meant to satirize the actual functioning of the Japanese court system, which is only slightly better and significantly more boring.

Indeed, and I believe that how the Japanese court system works is unpopular in Japan itself. Hence the satire originating from japan.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Seeing Edgeworth and Phoenix essentially working together really is a treat to see.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Something that seemed irrelevant and was just taking up space? The screwdriver fits that description at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

Great news! We finally got the Chief for murder! If only it was for the murder of the person who's trial we're actually in the process of!

Well, he seems to be about to confess to killing the relevant person.

• Locked thread