Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
I never thought I'd say this, but I wish Acid Betty had stayed.

She was slowly de-bitch-ifying and becoming almost likable.

And, let's face it, she's got amazing skills, but had one bad week. Naomi is the same goddamn look over and over and over. She's like Groundhog's Day with no loving jokes. It's a good body, but it's literally all she has.

Betty should have gotten a second chance after a stumble. Naomi hasn't even stood the gently caress up yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Andrew_1985 posted:

I was expecting Acid to abort the baby, chuck it offstage and start dancing up a storm.

Looks like she made up her mind, and she's keeping her baby. :iamafag:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here because although I am glad Derrick FINALLY went home, I heard what she said about her outfit and staying up all night does make a little sense. She said she put words that meant something on her corset and made it "mirrored" on both sides. If she really did that, then looking through magazines/books for the right words would take a little time. I'm sure we all did a collage or two in our time and can say "it doesn't take THAT long" but it might have taken her longer to find the exact words she was looking for. So "all night" might be an exaggeration but I'm sure it took a while.

See, the problem is that you should only really focus on details like that AFTER you've worked out a good overall design and gotten it down. The text may have been mirrored on the corset, but despite that cool little element, he looked like Willam doing a "WWE Divas" themed dumpster challenge.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

big black turnout posted:

I definitely think Kim Chi is going home next, but to be fair, she deserves it. She's a great makeup artist, but she can't dance, walk, or talk and that's not America's next drag superstar imo

Pellisworth posted:

I think you could say the same about Naomi. Even though she really stepped up her game and her last couple runways have been fantastic, she's still not at Kim Chi's level with makeup and garment construction (though to be fair, only Acid Betty was competition in that department). Naomi gives a great runway model walk, but she's not funny like Bob or Chi Chi and her awful Snatch Game doesn't inspire confidence about her acting.

I'd agree Kim Chi is a bit one dimensional, unfortunately, but Naomi isn't much better. Bob and Chi Chi seem like more well-rounded queens.

I kinda think that's how we all see it shaping up. Kim is the most likely to go home next, followed by Naomi (though I could see Naomi being next if Kim steps her game up and Naomi is asked for emotion other than :geno:.). It seems a lot like 2 seasons ago when it was down to Adore and Bianca. The only question is if they'll go with the experienced and polished queen again, or give it to the young up-and-comer this time. I'm leaning more towards the latter myself, because while Chi-chi still has room for improvement, I think she's a lot more polished than Adore was. (Though that might just be 2 years of fade on my memories of everybody's favorite fuckin' "Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" girl.)

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Pan Dulce posted:

Nope. Adore had better outfits brought with her, even if the hems didn't hit the floor. They were even better the second they told her to synch in the waist. Chi Chi's Snatch Game SUCKED and Adore' Anna Nicole was funny as hell. The "recorded commercial" vs "political campaign" was better too, even when she was shackled with Laganja. Adore got more polished throughout the season and was better at the start, if you don't think of the awful first outfit.

Fair enough. I just remember thinking she was gonna win it all, but I also remember her being "eh" for a lot of the competition, despite being unbelievably hot out of drag having a lot of potential.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
[

criscodisco posted:

No, I think that should count towards a win. I can forgive a lot of mistakes if the guy making them is foxy.

It's always nice when the hot ones are good, so you can root for them.

I really wanted to see Bendelacreme in the top 3 S6...

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Flyinglemur posted:

Not at all. Talk about bitter.

Was I the only one who got the feeling that Robbie would have rather been anywhere but that stage?

Last time I saw a smile that forced, they were holding a newspaper and reciting their captors' demands.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

the truth posted:

Isn't next season All-Stars? Hopefully Alaska can take the crown - losing to Jynx was a load of horseshit.

Edit: since I don't think it has been posted
http://youtu.be/0NPcFzYfRo4

You gotta hand it to Jynx. She was a sleeper hit with the audience. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

ALFbrot posted:

..Tatianna?

k

Maybe she's read a book since last time.

• Locked thread