Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Illuen posted:

Awesome OP!

I have a question about some T I heard through the grapevine. Someone told me that the reason they changed the prize from a lifetime supply of cosmetics to a "sickening" supply was that Sharon Needles was taking an insane amount of Nyx and then selling the extra. Anyone else heard this?

I have heard this before but have yet to see receipts. I also heard a whole bunch of challenge rewards never made it to the queens... Reddit has all the T (but again, no real receipts that I've seen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I didn't even think about that. Let me look to find a replacement, we do need a good Pearl gif in there.

Nihonniboku posted:

I've said it before, I feel that Ru already knows who she wants to win each season, although she is of course open to changing that. For example, she planned on having Chad Michaels win season 4, until Sharon Needles broke out, and so to correct that, she gave her All Stars.

Actually, according to Willam, Sharon got preferential treatment from the get go. She got to shoot her entrance twice for example (I think her hat fell off the first time?) and when other girls asked to reshoot theirs they were turned down. (also they were all on season 4, and Roxxxie was on 5 how can you get this wrong are you not as obsessed as me)

Also kinda sorta related to Drag Race (but not really): Coco Peru is having a kickstarter for the pilot of her new TV show and there's a week left!
It's gonna be amazing! :allears:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 7, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
DRAG RACE IS BACK ITS REALLY BACK YOU GUYS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS :derp::dance::derp::toot:

I love Betty and her toxic personality but then I also loved Violet's personality so maybe I'm the weird one (Violet reading Naomi's toes :haw:). I just love love love shady queens when they have the talent to back it up (see: Raven).
Also Kim Chi is everything I hoped for and more I think I'm in love

I am so happy right now

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I thought Chi Chi will be boring but I'm seriously charmed :D

Bina posted:

Isn't Dax Violet's Drag Mother?

Yes.

Kim Chi isn't here for drama. She's here to eat.

And while I'm at it have a couple of gems from reddit:

quote:

You expected someone named Acid NOT to be caustic? She's no Basic Betty.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Nihonniboku posted:

It's up where? Logo's website?

http://logo.to/1RCcGox

I can't watch it tho boo Logo :(

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Bina posted:

Apparently there's some drama going around about Acid Betty being an abusive ex-boyfriend :(

The accusation (alleged spoiler warning)
Reddit Thread

More tea at 11 (well not really)

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Bina posted:

Apparently you can't find the original hashtag anymore.

Looks like the entry is deleted/private now, part of why Reddit always screencaps their drama fodder.
Now all that's left is to wait for a statement from Acid.

Meh. Who cares? There's a new Beatdown.

eta: ah, there we go

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 11, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Flyinglemur posted:

And you'd be right. She's trying to make fetch work. Stop trying to make fetch work.

It works for some, I'm personally not bothered by it. Everything else she said has also been entertaining and combined with Chi Chi things just get magical

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

To come: Katya [sic]

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Reddit HATES her.
As far as I can tell she's a basic queen with a following of teenage fans she likes to sic on other people's social media.
Back when Tyra had her suicide fiasco on twitter she started the hashtag #BlockedByTyra for example.
Her fans also nagged WoW about the Transformations video she filmed with JSJ which resulted in the shortest episode yet.

tl;dr: Pretty but basic and obnoxious.

Bina posted:

I AM SO HAPPY KIM CHI MADE IT and I am also proud of her for voicing that she was a virgin I bet you her social media is going to blow the gently caress up since that.
Spoiler Alert not anymore! :v:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Chi Chi is like the living embodiment of Ru's every fantasy :lol:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally, I am dead. Warning: Spoiler

I knew what it was before clicking (and I still watched it 3 more times :haw:)

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Honestly my expectations are so low for this returning queen it will be impossible to underwhelm.
Boring but obvious choices include: Naysha (her runway was unforgivable ffs how dare you), Tempest (is she speculated for AS2 tho? people loooove her), Shangela (but merely as a gag and she won't actually stay :(), Willam (lol no i wish :D)

As long as Kim Chi and Bob are around this season remains great, I just hope they don't overdo it with the manufactured shenanigans (anymore).

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Reddit is all over that leak as expected, don't go there if you don't want to get spoiled and disappointed/underwhelmed

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Willam's book is now available for pre-order on Amazon :derp:
Official release date is October 18th!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

There are no words.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pellisworth posted:

Now who was that queen that Ru brought back??

Never heard of her

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Not Today Satan posted:

I also have to wonder if that's why Acid Betty is coming off as such a curmudgeon because the remainder of the cast is just really likeable and full of personality.

Well, no. It's because Betty is an unrepentant narcissist and any redeeming qualities she may have were edited out.
If you're really thirsty for sympathy though, you can see her pick the glass off the floor in Bitch Perfect after CLF kicked her shoe into the lights.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The copyright thing is real, I've heard of this before. Why do you think DeLa's character was named after the actress instead? Maggie Smith might be old but she's not THAT old.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Miss Nomer posted:

Trixie's makeup is perfect. I wouldn't want the greatest makeup artist to look any different.

Agreed.

I am so happy right now :3:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 25, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Mouse Dresser posted:

The only one that I have heard is that he snuck his husband into the hotel for :huh: and then was asked to leave the show. I really hope there's more to it than that, at least that he was fed up with the rigged nature of the show, or kept going off script, because that's so bland. I expect more drama from Willam.

That's the official version they had him recite at the finale.
Personally I've researched this quite a bit and am looking forward to seeing which parts were true. I've heard a particularly juicy rumor about Rhea Litre spilling the tea about Willam having an affair with one of the producers.

The few details Willam kinda confirmed make it sound like he was breaking every minor rule he could to gtfo of there (openly stealing things off set, ignoring orders from drama mongering producers etc.).
Funnily enough, the weed mentioned earlier was from Latrice and Mother Dust. It doesn't seem like that had any consequences as far as the production goes.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

WHY THE gently caress WASN'T DERRICK IN THE BOTTOM TWO???

(Oh yeah. Storylines.)

Because snatch game. This is like the 3rd week he should've lipsynced but you can't have a professional impersonator on his caliber not make it to snatch game.
He would've gone home on every single one of those too.

ETA:

source

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 29, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That untucked though :qq:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Millie posted:

Roxxxy, who was up for elimination, ugly-cried before the judges that as a child, she and her sister were abandoned at a bus station by their mother.

Where my people at?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT?! :rant:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Well, they did say they're going back to their roots

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Where are these viewing parties with Thorgy?

The thread on reddit said it was in Metropolitan at Brooklyn.
I don't know if she's in the same place every week but I do know a lot of queens have viewing party gigs (Willam was with Laganja last week!) so you might wanna look up local queens or any queen you're particularly interested in seeing.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

angerbeet posted:

I have no idea what the point of it was, apparently the girls did use it but I guess it didn't produce the type of drama they wanted [sic]

And how.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-919GgsQfA

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Maybe Kim Chi got to the Tic Tacs first? :D

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I think Tracy Martel talked about this before season 7 even ended (on Feast of fun maybe?) Kim Chi notices EVERYTHING and will read you to filth without realising she's doing it :kimchi:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I feel like this should be a PSA on TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RiNyGdxZyY

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Stabitha posted:

I'm going to have this stuck in my head all day.

Purse First by Bob the Drag Queen YAAASSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuogbfF6VR8

THE PURSE IS HERE :qq:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

graynull posted:

Detailed shot of Violet's makeup and jewelry. I saw the blue veins but didn't realize the crown was a loving flesh prosthetic. What a goddamn showstopper.

https://t.co/sB9nWqhgWx

I noticed it in stages. First the veins. Then the bugs. Then :aaaaa:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/ea5xwi/rupauls-drag-race-top-three-queens-watch-the-finale-live

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Tatiana is the Mimi of this cycle.

I wonder who else will replace Willam in the All Stars seasons to come

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That episode was horrifyingly wrong and iconic all at once. That's the golden standard of reality TV right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pan Dulce posted:

Wait, what? It's out? Wikipedia said it airs the 25th.

Oh no, just reminiscing about season 2 :allears:

• Locked thread