Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Yep. I'm totally falling for editing and can't stand Acid Betty. She's a bitter betty without any snap, anything more substantial other than angry. I saw it in Miss Glamour Toad last season and I'm seeing it again with this villain edit, only she can't contain it to Untucked. CLF really does need to shut up about her cucu. I love Bob's personality though and Chi Chi's hilarious too. I'm pulling for a Kim Chi win overall.

Also, have you all checked out the Kingsley recaps for Logo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHpLMzdhChQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

In all those photos, Tyra looks like the odd one out. Worst winner. She should have been cropped out.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Just watched the train wreck of a lipsync and it made me feel sad. I was hoping one would pull off a (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman lipsync, a la Latrice Royale and just stick to the stage and emote while the other one wiggles around like a manic elf on stage.

Also gently caress Acid Betty. Chi Chi was trying her best to lead, but you can't lead controlling rear end in a top hat. Didn't listen to anything, ready to just blame her for everything if they lost, criticized and provided no content, and generally a sour grape. God, I hop she leaves, it's like nails on a chalkboard, she's acerbic and it's painful to watch.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

This. All too right.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

My list is a little different.

Yes, GAWD Tier

Bob the Drag Queen
Kim Chi
Cynthia Lee Fontaine
Chi Chi DeVayne

Ohkurrrrrrrrr Tier

Thorgy Thor
Robbie Turner

Bye, Felicia Tier

Derrick Barry
Naomi Smalls
Acid Betty

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rupauls-drag-race-winners_us_56dda309e4b0000de4052b91

I thought this was insightful and a good peek into each of the queens.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat. The episode I look forward to the most and everything is so flat and lifeless.

I was hoping for a REALLY BAD but good impression of Kim Jung Il from Kim Chi, a la Margaret Cho, but that was a lot of nothing. Thorgy also was borrowing off of other comedians doing Michael Jackson, so it's no big whoop.

Chi Chi wasn't TOO bad. I kinda laughed at Eartha Kitt, but the last parts were cringe-worthy; I wish she had the money to have gone full Catwoman and just ham up the cat parts.

Diana Vreeland was such a missed opportunity, I don't give a rat's rear end if your throat was sore, you make that work. She should have done Liza.

Naomi Smalls was SO terrible. She had New York. She's done Flavor of Love, I Love New York, and now Big Brother and is just CRAZY as gently caress. It's easy to just do everything New York does and make it bitchy and funny. Hell, she could have done the flat chested look, then come out with a breast plate up to her neck and that would've been funny. Hell, she could have done the actual Naomi Campbell and thrown phones and shade at Tyra and done better.

I hated Acid Betty's Nancy Grace. As opposed to not being funny, she sucked the funny out of the room every time she spoke, which I find unforgivable. Not to mention she looked awful too. The lip-sync was also :mediocre:. The makeup for the Madonna look was hideous, even if it was a creative concept. Everything combined, I still would've sent her home instead of Naomi.

This was the biggest crock of poo poo ever.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 5, 2016

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm just glad we didn't have Santino Moldy rear end Rice talking about GlueGunGate, because you know he always read fashion incorrectly and bitched about hems. Marc Jacobs, an actual successful designer, has said it's fine.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Are we getting a UK Drag Race?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMB7n1jX1d4

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ask her who she would have been in Snatch Game! Oh, and what's her best outfit in drag! Who did she get along with best? Any interesting stories with touring?

:allears: I love her.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It so weird. Looking back on it, the first episode I hated Naomi Smalls, wanted her to go. Slowly but surely, she went up the ranks. Hell, I ranked three out of the top four as my favorites. CLF was the other :smith:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

It's the music video. So there's going to be acting AND dancing, which doesn't bode well for Kim Chi in particular.

gently caress. When you're right, you're right. She might be leaving, considering dancing is Chi Chi's specialty, and Bob is pretty good at it too.

My only thought beyond that is, what the hell would Chi Chi even WEAR for the finale episodes? Her drag is very much cheap queen.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Hermetic posted:

I kinda think that's how we all see it shaping up. Kim is the most likely to go home next, followed by Naomi (though I could see Naomi being next if Kim steps her game up and Naomi is asked for emotion other than :geno:.). It seems a lot like 2 seasons ago when it was down to Adore and Bianca. The only question is if they'll go with the experienced and polished queen again, or give it to the young up-and-comer this time. I'm leaning more towards the latter myself, because while Chi-chi still has room for improvement, I think she's a lot more polished than Adore was. (Though that might just be 2 years of fade on my memories of everybody's favorite fuckin' "Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" girl.)

Nope. Adore had better outfits brought with her, even if the hems didn't hit the floor. They were even better the second they told her to synch in the waist. Chi Chi's Snatch Game SUCKED and Adore' Anna Nicole was funny as hell. The "recorded commercial" vs "political campaign" was better too, even when she was shackled with Laganja. Adore got more polished throughout the season and was better at the start, if you don't think of the awful first outfit.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

How did this not make it to broadcast?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG_q-SbRqzI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Wait, what? It's out? Wikipedia said it airs the 25th.

• Locked thread