Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
God I love Bob. She's done some old feast of funs and is adorable on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I've been saying a Golden Girls reboot only starring drag queens.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Willam performed at s4 last night. Texted shade with me, asked how spite house was, still talented as all gently caress. Go see her.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I was hoping for Kelly Mantle or Lashauwn Beyond.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
A huge part of me is praying that Derrick Barry says that he'll do Willam instead of Britney. It'd be a great choice and he has the chin.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Reddit trip reports are saying that Divas of Drag is Amazing. I've got VIP tickets, can't wait.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Once you realize thorgy has her ears on upside down, you can't stop staring.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

ALFbrot posted:

Just wanted to make sure you know that if the Divas of Drag tour is coming near you, you HAVE to go.

That was a hell of a show.

edit: For more detail, we had an absolutely killer lineup. Acid Betty was a late addition to Vicky Vox, Yara Sofia, Milk, Kennedy Davenport, Jujubee, Alyssa Edwards, Trixie Mattel, Roxxxy Andrews, and Latrice Royale. Mimi Imfurst hosted, as she put the whole tour together, and was entertaining and shady. I can't decide what my favorite moment was. The miracle dollar that flew in from the crowd, landing in Vicky Vox's cleavage and stunning her into promising to suck the thrower's dick after the show? Yara Sofia stealing and chugging our friend's beer mid-song? Latrice bringing the house down? Kennedy absolutely slaying (everything you've heard about her being the best and most athletic dancer in drag is absolutely true and was almost totally hidden on RPDR)? I keep cycling through them and remembering more.

Here's some pictures!

Got VIP tickets for Thursday. So stoked for latrice and Trixie and yara.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Thorgy looked like she smelled like an old sponge and I'm glad to see her stinky dreads gone.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Somehow I won a lunch with Cynthia Lee Fontaine next week. Neat. What should I ask her?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I will. Honestly I'm more interested in talking to her about the Austin drag scene because it's loving weird.

Austin spawned Christeene. And this. :nws: https://youtu.be/fU3Hce8jkXs :nws:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

caligulamprey posted:

I haven't been to too many drag shows, but I'm assuming that Bob scheduling two Portland shows on a Sunday at 3 AM and 11 AM is insane, right? It seems insane.

Let's get legally high and see Bob on a Sunday before noon! :getin:

From talking to Willam, it's INSANE how hard these queens go during their moment. Because they know it's kind of temporary.

Btw Spite House, check out this lineup for Friday

quote:

◄ CHRISTEENE (Hell)
◄ PEACHES CHRIST (San Francisco)
◄ CHEDDAR GORGEOUS (Manchester, UK)
◄ BIBLE GIRL (NYC)
◄ INFAMOUS BOOM BOOM
◄ MERRIE CHERRY (Brooklyn NYC)
◄ RIDGE GALLAGHER (Los Angeles)
◄ ANNA PHYLACTIC (Manchester, UK)
◄ SAINT PETER DVIL (Los Angeles)
◄ CUPCAKE (Austin)

Cupcake, if you'll remember, was that drag queen pretending to be the easter bunny. It's going to be awful.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
At dragfest. Cynthia owns. Mimi is very small.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Trip report:

Went to Dragula hosted by the Boulet Brothers. Ran into Mimi Imfurst, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, the Feast of Fun guys and Johnny McGovern. Also got to meet Cupcake and Christeene

Cynthia is a complete delight. She's hilarious. And COMPLETELY upstaged horrorchata by lip syncing off to the side of the stage during her performance.

The Infamous Boom Boom came out with a tied up gogo boy, some Trump masks, a staple gun, a pigs face and a huge black dildo. She stapled the Trump masks to the gogo dancer (no, really) and to the pig face. Then she hosed the pig face with the enormous dildo and crammed it into the gogo dancer's mouth. Then she left the stage.

Then Christeene came on and showed everyone her dick. It was a great show.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oh my god. Cynthia Lee Fontaine is so amazingly sweet and kooky. Just had dinner with her for about two hours. Cannot say enough good things about her.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Ok. I'm back at a PC now.

My fiancee and I arrived at the host hotel at around 7:00 p.m. Dragfest is more for drag queens than it is for fans-- fully half of the crowds at every show were in drag. So you'll see lesser known queens, edgier queens, and weird acts. Cynthia met us in one of the executive suites dressed in full drag for us to go out to dinner. She gives us the first set of her merchandise (you can see the video she posted of my fiancee and myself on her facebook page) and we go to the Mexican restaurant across the street.

Dinner was about two hours. Here are some things that you should probably know about her:

1) She does a ton of charity work. She works for the Care center in Austin, was doing ride for life bike rides, and does a ton of volunteer work for cancer and AIDS-related charity.

2) She's incredibly energetic. She kept up that cheerful attitude throughout all of dinner. It's almost like a hummingbird.

3) The queens are pretty much sisters. You probably know about how Acid Betty came and stayed with her. Well, on the show, everyone trades poo poo around. She wore Bob's wigs. Laila borrowed her jewelry. Etc., etc.

4) There should be a surprise tonight as to why this season is shorter than the others. (Reddit says it's because instead of a clip show, they're doing the Bianca Rolodex of Hate video)

5) She's one of the people who built up the Austin drag scene since moving there ten years ago. Best part-- she's trying to work with Cupcake to get on Rupaul's Drag Race. Yes, Cupcake who poo poo out those easter eggs. I'm so happy.

6) She's done all sorts of different kinds of drag, including some edgier kinds.

7) She ate all the avocado off of my plate when I wasn't looking. (Kidding: I offered it to her, she says, "Look, an airplane!" and when we both pretended to look she swiped it)

8) When she last went to LA, Willam found out she was staying there in a hotel and demanded she stay with her in her mansion. "Warner is such a sweet dog. So well behaved. When he need to go out, he go to the door and go 'bow wow wow' and she let him right out."

Fiancee and I are also helping her get set up to do a Reddit AMA.

We got along really well. I donate to the Resource Center up here every year to get a Rupaul Queen to host bingo and we're in talks for her to do that for next year. She loved my fiancee way more than she loved me but she's fabulous, of course she is.

Seriously, loving go to dragfest. Not dragcon.

Edit:

One more thing. Before she left for the airport from Drag Race (apparently there was a day lag), she told the crew to bring her some supplies and she cooked Puerto Rican food for all of them.

SUCH a sweet lady.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/cynthialeefontaine/videos/1089812954409770/

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 2, 2016

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Is anyone going to dragcon? You could not pay me to go to dragcon.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Crocobile posted:

Any specifics why? I have some friends going this weekend but I'll be too busy showering my mother with love and affection. I've heard a few people speak disdainfully of Dragcon though so I'm curious what's the scoop.

I'm at the point where I'm ok with anyone winning but I deep down wanted it to be Chi Chi cuz it seems like she needs the money most. Interested to hear how she's been doing at the reunion.

1) Day drag;
2) Lines;
3) Fan base en masse;
4) Con funk;
5) Tired queens who just want their day to be over.

Drag fest you can see your favorite queens in the audience and have a drink with them. Drag con... Not so much.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CaptainScraps posted:

1) Day drag;
2) Lines;
3) Fan base en masse;
4) Con funk;
5) Tired queens who just want their day to be over.

Drag fest you can see your favorite queens in the audience and have a drink with them. Drag con... Not so much.

Hahahah it also turns out that in addition to charging for entry, individual queens charge for autographs and photos.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

criscodisco posted:

Do the queens torture you when you're with your wife? I only ask because the few times I've been at a show with a straight couple, the queens relished flirting and embarrassing the straight guy. It's a cheap laugh for sure, but a laugh nonetheless.

As a straight guy, I'm called onstage to almost every single drag show I go to. I just roll with the punches and play the heel.

But I love it because as I get older, it's one of the few places I get to make dick jokes and off-color humor and laugh about it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
They are usually poo poo shows. They run late, have sound problems, and strip club rules apply. They touch you. Do not touch them. Tip every number. They work hard.

Queens love money. They also love shots.

Also there are a lot of different types of drag. Rpdr is very polished drag.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 14, 2016

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm glad y'all got to see a Cynthia Lee Fontaine impression. They're so bad. I love them.

"Biiiiiitch."

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

spite house posted:

Yeah. If Vicky Vox manages to put down the Fireball and get her poo poo together this might be her year, finally.

e: Unless she's been tarred irrevocably with the Willam brush, which I hope isn't true.

Imagine Peter Griffin decided to do drag.

That's Vicky Vox. I love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Cynthia is doing a drag show here tonight. I texted her and she ran out in makeup and boxers to say hi. She's completely amazing

EDIT:

She killed it. Such a high energy performer.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 24, 2016

• Locked thread