Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mouse Dresser posted:

If that's true, that's one of the shittiest things this show has done. Give the winners their prizes, god drat it

Apparently Bebe never even got the prize money from Season 1 - if you watch the "Lost Season" or whatever with Ru's commentary he says as much - "Was it $25,000? I thought it was $20,000. Never got paid."

Anyway looking forward to this season, hopefully it'll be better than whatever last year was - no more goddamn acting challenges please. I kind of wish I hadn't spoiled the top 7 (and let's be honest, top 3) but every season is a blessing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ooof that lipsync was rough.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Untucked is looking like it's going to be messy this year :getin:

Really pushing the Bob/Derrick drama. KimChi is just kind of staring off into space though.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Millie posted:

Season 1 - 7 : first runway challenge is a sewing challenge.

Season 8 Episode 1 : "I don't know how to sew."

:chloe:

She then goes on and on about applying 4 times - surely at some point in those five years you could've taken a class at Jo-Ann Fabrics or something, come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHPwYOYE0hE&t=66s

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Canada's Worst Drag Queen Handyman, it''d be fantastic.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Great British Drag Queen Bakeoff

*episode 1*

Everyone is dead from exposure to sunlight

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Gurl her cucu is hella on fleek, natch.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That's basically a "you are not a drag queen if you can't do this blindfolded and asleep" song

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Naysha back? Tempest back? Skarlet Starlet not actually lying?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I mean she's not Sweet Betty, she kind of comes as it says on the tin. Honestly I'm glad to have a villain who is just a bitch, just a real lowlife stank rear end bitch. It's a refreshing change from the "we're all sisters" schtick the girls have been doing on the last seasons to avoid social media backlash.

Acid Betty's a bitch, and she knows it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"We're doing I Will Survive until one of you gets it right. My show, my rules."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My heart would fall down to my cucu if she did that though. :(

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
An Australian channel has apparently leaked the returning queen: http://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/ru-pauls-drag-race/episode.aspx?id=9252476

According to them, it's Naysha. Ho-hum.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

shadow puppet of a posted:

I always worry about someone tripping on a hemline and getting an eyesocket full of hot tungsten bulb pieces.

Serving facial trauma realness yaaaass mawma slay the house down boots gurl.com.org

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Imagine walking into a dimly lit and seemingly abandoned warehouse to find 50 of those.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's so many stories abut What Willam Did that it's hard to keep track at this point - he was signed up to be in the Jeresy Shore Musical and had to leave by a certain date, saw that the competition was rigged and unsafe, was brought in as a ringer, etc. etc. Interesting to see what he goes with in the book.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big black turnout posted:

I have a feeling that after all this time it's going to be kinda anticlimactic

What's going on with all stars 2?

Reddit found out the cast, and some elimination drama a while back and it's airing in the fall I guess

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah that was some messy instagram breakup bullshit

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm surprised Naomi hasn't gotten a "stop relying on that body" critique yet but she's kind of middle of the road so I assume they're saving her for that.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can only ope the rumoured Derrrick snatch game of Shocantelle Brown is true because that will either be hilarious or cringey as gently caress.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Apparently!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So, Bottom 2 spoilers from Reddit:

Acid Betty and Naomi Smalls

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It seems like you could go with Frozen or something, that was around the same time as Nothing Really Matters and it was a very draggable look - you get a cape, drag queens love capes. Black feathers! Weird hand shapes!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I watch the Canadian channel so I just get weird barbershop quartets about Boy Butter Lube and these strange little chat shows where people sit around talking about not much. Lot of Nasty Pig ads too, come to think of it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

King of Foolians posted:

I really hope we don't see the Puppets mini-challenge, which is really only an excuse to try to get the queens to read each other again to cause drama. It's basically Reading 2.0, but worse because there are lovely puppets. Who doesn't love puppets? This guy right here.

BEATINGS WILL INCREASE UNTIL EVERYONE LOVES PUPPETS

I get that it's basically reading v 2.0 but it's often when there's a smaller group of girls and is far less friendly. I don't know, I generally like it. Plus they keep showing off that glory hole wall in Untucked so you know it's coming.

RIP Pit Crew 2007-2016

I agree with the idea that Ru doesn't want another drag queen on the panel - even the faux queens who are close (Michelle, Elvira) aren't really allowed to steal the spotlight. There's one queen on that panel, and it's Ru. Ru's show, Ru's rules.

Lady Bunny throws a hell of a lot of shade at Drag Race and it's never really clear why, but neither is anything else that fresh and friendly LadyBug does.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Yodzilla posted:

So does the Shade Tree get used in Untucked or anything because yo RIP that feature in the actual show.

Santino and the Pit Crew live in there now, rents being what they are in the WeHo-Adjacent area

I have no idea what the point of it was, apparently the girls did use it but I guess it didn't produce the type of drama they wanted so its one major use so far is Kim Chi talking about how no one likes her.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It was a pretty slow season so far I thought and this episode was just... drat. Impressive runway, great lipsync, even the maxi challenge was pretty good.

Untucked is weird though I'll say that.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's a song Chi Chi does at her home gig, or at least they do a Dreamgirld revue according to Reddit, so it's not surprising she knows it.

Also if you haven't seen Jennifer Holliday do And I'm Telling You (around 3:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCDDx2JFnaQ

There's a reason she snatched that Tony.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Pearl is a good model but all of her lipsyncs were terrible.

Also I want Cynthia to be miss Congeniality because she basically is? *nonsensical noises and CUCU repeatedly*

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Did she show you her cucu?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've said it before and I'll say it again: no breeders, no bleeders.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just generally speaking, drag shows do not start on time.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't even like Violet but whatever the hell she was wearing was amazing.

Oh well, back to the off-season, at least until All-Stars 2.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

No shoes?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Capsaicin posted:

Is there legit heat between them or is it all kayfabe?

"I just don't get her makeup!" - noted sublte makeup enthusiast Regular Beatrice

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nihonniboku posted:

And spoilers, big spoilers, regarding what I read earlier this year about the boot order, read at your own caution:

Adore is first to go, and loses her poo poo. Alaska and.... I think Katya were the top two.

That's not quite right, from what I've heard (Alaska's boyfriend got mad at her for drinking and went on a messy instagram spoiler spouting spree)

Elimination spoilers: Coco is the first to go, Adore walks out in the second episode because she feels overwhelmed by the number of people from Season 5.

The top three (and other stuff about AS2) is (theoretically) already known, you can find the T by googling or searching the /r/rupaulsdragrace subreddit.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It sounds like the top two lipsync and whoever wins that gets to pick from the bottom two, and the bottom two might be chosen by the other queens.

So, drama.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You know you want some of NPBFAG's cherry pah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Looks like it'll be a reasonably good season based on what's come out so far. There's a behind the scenes companion series this year that seems to be more hotel-based, and I can't tell if Untucked is actually happening this year or if it's sort of baked in to the show.

• Locked thread