Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Season 1 - 7 : first runway challenge is a sewing challenge.

Season 8 Episode 1 : "I don't know how to sew."

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

angerbeet posted:

She then goes on and on about applying 4 times - surely at some point in those five years you could've taken a class at Jo-Ann Fabrics or something, come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHPwYOYE0hE&t=66s

That has always bothered me as well! I say if you don't have basic tailoring and snatch game down before you walk into the werkroom, you need to go home. You know it's coming! Most of the other challenges you can (somewhat) wing it, but the sewing challenges and snatch game have always been the one where I can safely place my bets on who is going to be in the top 3.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

gandlethorpe posted:

You'd think Cynthia's "cucu" would get old, but nope. Everything else that comes out of her mouth is also gold.
Seen-tee-yah! She's a bit overwhelming but she looks like she's genuinely enjoying every second in drag, I can't find it in me to be annoyed with her... I love her zest.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

caligulamprey posted:

Aww Kim Chi, that's not how the Shade Tree Room is supposed to work. :3:
I know, she took the Shade Tree and turned it into the Weeping Willow.

Capsaicin posted:

I might be visiting friends in New England soon. I hope I don't get seasick too easily :(
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

This is going to be so amazing. I cannot WAIT to read about drag race.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I really wasn't feeling Ira Glass Robbie Turner in the beginning, but I'm really coming around...

We just need to work on the diarrhea of excuses before the judges. 5 Gs please.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Part of me thinks Ru gets a major wee wee pole for 1990s runway supermodel types, which is why Naomi can do no wrong (for now).

Naysha's LSFYL was Mess 2.0 but this season hasn't given us a lot of low-hanging fruit, so it doesn't surprise me that they had to bring her back to get eliminated again. In past seasons, it seems there's still been a few duds that make it to snatch game. I think all we got is Derrick now, and Naomi when the runway runs out. I'm so in love with everyone else.

I hope this is Bob's first single.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 30, 2016

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Golbez posted:

I don't get it :(

Roxxxy, who was up for elimination, ugly-cried before the judges that as a child, she and her sister were abandoned at a bus station by their mother.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Still, Naysha went from Air Traffic Controller with Applause to Hyperactive Gymnastics Kid with the last song. A big improvement for her. Shame about the wig coming off.

Naysha was kind to leave Chi Chi with a parting gift <3 but I checked out when she took off her shoes for her Lip Sync.

WHY? WHY WHYWHY?

Last month I was at my work's annual semi-formal and looked down in amazement to see all the ladies with bare feet on the dance floor. NOT ACCEPTABLE! I keep my shoes on regardless if my feet look like swollen hams the next day.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

oliven posted:

Last night I saw Battle of the Seasons live and holy poo poo it was a riot. I met Katya, who hugged me and told me I was a woman, and I was veery close to meeting Adore and Jinkx but didn't get the time because it was so crowded and the show was about to start.

The show was amazing, Michelle was super sweet and Sharon Needles did Caitlyn Jenner for snatch game and oh my god it was so good. Katya performed Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On IN RUSSIAN dressed as Titanic with pictures of Leo and Kate and people drowning in the background, I don't even.

There was so much going on I'm still trying to sort it all out in my head. If you have the opportunity to see the show, go for it. It was incredible.
I'm going May 18th. I splurged on preshow & after party (c'mon Christmas bonus!) so I'm wondering if it's easier to meat and greet that way. I'm a shy person and don't want to be disrespectful (I do like Jinkx Monsoon's tips for approaching a queen at BOTS). Did they mingle during the show too? I hear so many good things about how they treat their fans at these things so I can't wait. I wish Katya was on the lineup but I can't complain with Alaska, Courtney, Ginger, Pearl, Phi Phi, Adore, Fame & Violet. I'm probably going to do something weird like cry.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Flyinglemur posted:

Is this the week Acid Betty gets kicked off for violence supposedly?

I heard Acid Betty doesn't get disqualified but gets sent home after refusing to lip sync when she ends up in the bottom 2.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Watrick posted:

Someone told me that Betty is doing Nancy Grace for snatch game, so I guess she is at least doing something.

I saw a Nancy Grace in this week's trailer and was unsure who it was... I guess cause I couldn't believe Betty would do that :\ and no, she looked nothing like her (I only knew who the personality was due to the name tag). It was wrong. Hair, face, wrong. You know who could pull that one off? Pandora!!!

I <3 Acid Betty tho.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Those madonna runway looks pretty much suspended their gay cards.

4 motherfucking kimonos?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Hermetic posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish Acid Betty had stayed.
Now I feel lovely for following those ep. 5 rumors about Betty :emo: I wasn't disappointed that it didn't happen; I was rather relieved because I think Betty is one of the more innovative queens to be on RPDR and I love a solid bitch. I had to watch the whole thing again and I'm sorry but I really don't understand why Naomi wasn't eliminated. More and more I think that Ru has a thing for leggy young models and her "I don't give a gently caress!" comment before making a decision makes me wonder if the producers were pulling for Betty to stay.

I haven't even watched untucked yet :( Goddamnit Betty. You are royalty.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

garthoneeye posted:

Watching Untucked it's clear that Robbie's wig flip was an accident.

Still though, secure your wig, girl!

Yeah it was definitely accidental. She didn't rip it off, she caught it when it flew off.

If I knew I was up for elimination, I'd be sticking every hairpin in my arsenal in that hat. Hell, I'd probably use a staple gun.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Nothing beats insulting the competition while fisting them.

Puppet mini-challenge forever.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Jesus Tittysprinkle Christ.... Chi Chi's lipsync.

:tviv:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

overseer07 posted:

Also, a cartwheel during And I Am Telling You? Really Queen?
I watched it again and it seems like Thorgy was trying to hold that side of the stage due to the bead spill. I think she had "bowed out" at that point and was making sure Chi Chi could finish strong without busting her rear end. I think the cartwheel was like an "okay bye lol." I dunno, to me she looked like she was concerned for Chi Chi's safety. Yes, Thorgy was coming unglued during untucked but she's got a big squishy heart.

Also, loved Chi Chi coaching Kim Chi on the story behind the song when Kimberly was making GBS threads bricks, that was so loving endearing. I love these girls!!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I was team BTDQ since Meat the Queens but it would rock my world to see Chi Chi crowned.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
What happened to lunch with Ru? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
RuPaul BOTS last week (Charlotte, NC). Ho. Lee. poo poo.

I bought VIP and it was worth every penny. I got to meet everyone and have a little convo with each queen : Phi Phi, Adore, Fame, Violet, Alaska, Courtney and a total surprise - Sharon (she was filling in for Ginger who was out sick). They were all sooooo personable :3 I'm kind of shy and guarded so I'm mindful of respecting others' personal boundaries but they were very warm and huggy... not to mention GORGEOUS up close. The only one I didn't meet was Pearl but she was just doing a DJ set so she didn't come out for the pre show.

They replaced the signs on the bathrooms with "gender neutral"

Can we talk about the loving show? I had read about BOTS here and on reddit but it really exceeded my expectations. I knew those bitches were talented but WOW. Visage was exquisite. Everyone's performance was tight. They did a Snatch Game sketch that killed me (Alaska = Lady Bunny, Phi Phi = a hoodrat mickey mouse in fantasia wizard garb, Sharon = Wonk-eyed Caitlyn Jenner - all of them were loving hilarious). They did some runway looks (Courtney's big rear end wings + Violet's tartan reveal LIVE!!!), Miss Fame did a live sketch of a face, Phi Phi can loving sing, Sharon did David Bowie, they did a Rocky Horror Picture Show medley where I practically had a pentecostal religious conniption... there was just so much. It was so good. Violet wasn't able to do her aerial performance :( but she did some sexy burlesque.

I know I can't affort VIP every year but I will probably do the $40 tickets next year. It's an amazing show.

• Locked thread