Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
Whew, I finally got the log on to my friend's parents' Direct TV account so I have been able to catch up on Drag Race this season (and seriously, gently caress Logo for pulling that poo poo. Logo, you used to be the best, with every episode of every past season available free without ads or log ons, sigh).

Watching Untucked, the thing that always cracks me up is that after the queen is eliminated they have to do their confessional good-bye with the RuPaul statue (also wtf is that poo poo?), THEN they have to write on the mirror, THEN they have to pack up all their clothes and poo poo and leave, BEFORE all the other queens come in to undress. I keep thinking 'drat, the others must be sitting around forever waiting while some of these queens slowly pack their poo poo up while they wax philosophical about their personal drag race journey.

This season has been good so far, and seems to have separated itself from the production meddling and overuse of acting challenges of last season. But whereas last season (in my opinion) still had AMAZING runways every week despite lackluster maxi-challenges, I feel like this season has had better challenges and lackluster runways.

Also I have been waiting for 8 season for a "snatch those tips" mini-challenge where the queens are put in one of those swirling air booths and have to try to catch the most RuPaul bucks.....but now that I think about it, Rupaul seems to shy away from the 'performing in a club for tips' aspect of drag, and lean more into the 'trying to become a singer, spokesperson, or YouTube star', so I guess I'm not surprised.

With the Reading mini-challenge this week - this is another one that by now should be expected. If I were a contestant on this show, I would already be working out funny things to shade the other contestants the first second they walked in. You know it's coming!

I really hope we don't see the Puppets mini-challenge, which is really only an excuse to try to get the queens to read each other again to cause drama. It's basically Reading 2.0, but worse because there are lovely puppets. Who doesn't love puppets? This guy right here.

Also, did anyone else notice that Bob got no advantage for winning the mini? Typically in a challenge like this, she would have been the one pairing up the Little Women with the Queens. I wonder since they were teaming up with LW: LA, there was some push-back, like the Little Women only wanted to work with certain queens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

A God drat Ghost posted:

I wasn't a fan of Naomi, but no doubt she deserved that win, her look was great and her little person's too. I had a hard time picking between Robbie's and ChiChi's for which I thought should be in the bottom. Robbie's was a confusing mess, but ChiChi's was really basic and boring and she was serving straight-up man... if she had at least cinched it might not have been so bad. I kinda think ChiChi deserved bottom more than Robbie. I was surprised all the other queens were giving her a hard time about the glue gun, I couldn't care less how she constructed it if it was on point, but it wasn't.

ChiChi seems to have the Shangela plot this season (unpolished queen who gets by in the competition with a winning/funny personality) Is there a preview of next week's episode? I think we are due a comedy challenge and I wouldn't be surprised is Ru kept ChiChi out of the bottom to ensure she'll be around for it.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I think Thorgy (and hell, Acid Betty too) was a better queen than both Derrick Berry and ChiChi, but it just goes to show you that the LSFYL can gently caress you up if you end up in the bottom 2, no matter how good anything else is. ChiChi definitely won that one.

Unless something dramatic happens, I think the top 3 will be Bob, Kim Chi, and Naomi Smalls, with Bob probably winning. If Kim Chi can shrug off the self-doubt, I could see her snatch the crown though. I love Kim Chi and I think her runway looks this season has been far superior to everyone else's. Much like Raja, Kim Chi is the one I can't wait to see when she hits the runway. And this week I loved that she literally painted her face black and white instead of going fully gray-scale like everyone else.

If Kim Chi does not make it to the top 3, she will be a shoo-in for Miss Congeniality, though.

• Locked thread