Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Spring training is underway, nearly every free agent has been signed, and it's time for the customary ritual of trying to predict the season.

Well I tell ya Suzyn you just can't predict baseball!

Regardless, :siren: fill out this here form :siren: to make your predictions for the 2016 season.

You can see everyone else's predictions here.

I'll keep this open until Opening Night. Let me know if you want to make any changes after you submit. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wait, are the Orioles supposed to be bad this year?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i don't see them being bad but i don't see them being good. pretty meh, especially since they did so little in the offseason and the rays and jays are pretty good. gausman could destroy, though

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

CaptainYesterday posted:

You forgot make predictions for NL champion and the MVPs, my man.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'd say it's looking iffy. And I really, really want them to be good. :smith:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

My only prediction is this is the year Even Year Bullshit finally dies.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I would additionally like to predict that the Brewers will be very bad, yet still not worse than the Reds and will still win more than half their games against the Pirates while losing all their games to the Cubs.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I watch a good amount of baseball, but I don't normally post about it. I probably made lots of dumb predictions. Hoping for a Blue Jays-Cubs world series.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Curse my work network for blocking google docs. I'll do this later

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think the only sensible predictions I made were the NL West and that the Pirates are going to win the World Series

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I like how it's mostly evenly split over who will be worse between the Reds/Brewers and the Phillies/Braves, but everyone seems to agree that the Rockies will be just abysmal.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I like how it's mostly evenly split over who will be worse between the Reds/Brewers and the Phillies/Braves, but everyone seems to agree that the Rockies will be just abysmal.

The real question is an over/under on the date of Carlos Gonzalez's last game of the season as a Rockie, whether by trade or injury

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If you guys wanna know how the 2016 season ends just look at my list. Sorry to spoil it ahead of time.

My only real standout upset is the Diamondbacks taking the NL West.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

Popete posted:

It's not an upset, the angry Diamondbacks fan cried! It's a legitimate contender finally putting the pieces together!

A bit more seriously, I don't think they're a juggernaut capable of steamrolling everything between them and a championship this year, but they are close enough that I think they could be a trade-deadline deal away, depending on how the Diamondbacks Youth Movement turns out.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

If you guys wanna know how the 2016 season ends just look at my list. Sorry to spoil it ahead of time.

Waiting for Kevlar's predictions so I can see the bleak future ahead of us.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Im shocked that someone else thinks that Anthony Rizzo will be the NL MVP.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 7, 2016

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

Waiting for Kevlar's predictions so I can see the bleak future ahead of us.

I'm too scared to make predictions :ohdear:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm picking the Diamondbacks to win the NL West out of spite for the other competitive teams (and because they're going to either be great or fail miserably).

E: It didn't record the Angels as the 5th place team for some reason in the AL West. Also glad I'm not the only one on the DBacks hype train.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah there's a google forms fuckup, I have to manually move everyone's AL West 5th place choice to the right column. It should be fixed now

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ok I made real predictions. I have no godamn clue what is going to happen in the AL. Every AL division was a nightmare to pick. Postseason pick is all homerism.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The AL is just a total blind spot for me, to be honest. Nonetheless, my predictions are in. :toot:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Ok I made real predictions. I have no godamn clue what is going to happen in the AL. Every AL division was a nightmare to pick. Postseason pick is all homerism.

The Blue Jays pulling back just when they were finally getting over the hump was one of the most confusing things to happen since last October. It really messes with my perception of the league as a whole.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Never mind I missed the post

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

The Blue Jays pulling back just when they were finally getting over the hump was one of the most confusing things to happen since last October. It really messes with my perception of the league as a whole.

Maybe this will be the year Tulo stays healthy!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Quote not edit, me and Pungry ended up with the same WS matchup and champion lol.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zakharov posted:

Yeah there's a google forms fuckup, I have to manually move everyone's AL West 5th place choice to the right column. It should be fixed now

Nope

Also :hfive: to my Correa/Goldschmidt MVPs buddy Abel Wingnut

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I'm just going to move everyone manually as they come in because I don't want to risk screwing up people's existing submissions.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Armitage posted:

Quote not edit, me and Pungry ended up with the same WS matchup and champion lol.

Super League owners stick together

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am going all-in with a Blue Jays World Series win. Can't wait to laugh at my optimism in October.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

My picks may seem stupid and biased now but I expect history will vindicate me

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

See you guys at the Cubs / Jays WS

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!
Made my predictions, now to hope they don't come true :ohdear:

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
I predicted the Cardinals to finish last in the NL Central. It feels good.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Maybe this will be the year Tulo stays healthy!

Cliff Pennington!

E: Oh, he's no longer a Jay...

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
NL West is going to be interesting, however the winner is just a sacrificial lamb to the Cubs anyways.

Lord Seo
Aug 7, 2011

I should have learned Kung-fu instead of ethics.
AL Central is so hard to predict this year. I didn't think any of the other divisions were that bad, but that one just has no obvious winners and losers in my mind.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I voted Mookie for AL MVP strictly based on the fantasy baseball thread title.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lord Seo posted:

AL Central is so hard to predict this year. I didn't think any of the other divisions were that bad, but that one just has no obvious winners and losers in my mind.
Which AL division has obvious winners and losers?? They're all a mess this year.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

bawfuls posted:

Which AL division has obvious winners and losers?? They're all a mess this year.

The Angels are obvious losers and are wasting Trout's best years and I hate them for it.

I started filling this out but I have no clue for most of the AL this year. Will have to sit down and think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Lord Seo posted:

As strange as it sounds, I think Cleveland is the clear favorite. Their rotation is excellent. They have a couple holes in their depth chart but they have a lot of talent returning and Torii Hunter might still be able to hit in spite of one bad season in Minnesota. KC is starting Omar Infante and Jarrod Dyson and Alcides Escobar gets worse every year. That doesn't include a couple of their pitchers who could turn back into pumpkins at any minute. Detroit still has holes in their lineup and pitching staff. The White Sox are betting on 3 pitchers and big turn arounds from key players. The Twins just aren't there yet.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 9, 2016

• Locked thread