Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
Was yea ra chs hymmnos mea

berryjon posted:

"Hey, someone left their book on the table..."

BTW, this is a reference to a 90s internet celebrity named Elf Sternberg who… wrote a lot of furry erotica on Usenet, I think.

Must've been easier to be a celebrity those days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
When I played this as a tiny child, I think I tried to put one of each D&D class in the party, but now I can't remember if Rogue is useful in this game at all. Anyway, this feels a little balanced.

+1 Delilah
+2 John
+3 Ni'arrul
+4 Dalmek

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
Appropriate for an RPG plot to be the Sephirot.

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003

Gullwhacker posted:

So the evidence points to a mage with an ego.

That rules out almost no mages...

It could also mean the perpetrator can forge a mage's signature.

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003

berryjon posted:

“This looks well read. Though I suppose it's because the people here were reading it while laughing, and not taking notes.”

I think this one's a reference to a 1996 game called Bad Mojo, where you were turned into a cockroach.

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
I thought I'd played this game pretty well as a kid, but honestly I had no idea this quest line existed. Huh.

And then Avernum 3's graphics were never really my thing, so hopefully the second remake is good and not too many more hours long.

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
I think the librarian is meant to be an albino rather than just a pale Exile.

The names in this province are interesting, though. There's some Japanese words vaguely thrown in (Yukiko and Midori) and programming jokes (Malloc and Calloc), then some real Seattle suburbs (Poulsbo and Bremerton). But what's going on with "Moon" and "Wainscotting"?

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003

berryjon posted:

“Worst. Cult. Ever.”

Please tell me I'm not the only one who reads “DILUTE! DILUTE!” in Dalek?

I… guess this is a joke about the weird religious labels on Dr. Bronner's soap bottles.

https://www.drbronner.com/our-story/timeline/read-the-moral-abcs/

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
Glad we're reaching the part of the game that was too hard for me to beat at 10. So I just downloaded a save off AOL that was right before the last move to win the game - good enough for me.

(Btw, showed the thread to Nakar but it seems his muse isn't around at the moment.)

Mr VacBob fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr VacBob
Aug 27, 2003
Thanks for finishing the game I never had the attention span to do! Let's see how Avernum III x2 comes out.

berryjon posted:

“What do you expect to accomplish, Art-Iktah? This is not your path.”

“Is he going to keep doing that thing the whole time?”

Just one thing here - you called Rentar-Ihrno "he".

• Locked thread