Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Wouldn't the UK have to participate in the upcoming elections for the European Parliament at the end of May if they haven't left by then? I can't imagine the EU27 extending the deadline far enough to allow that without some extremely good reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Carolus Magnus corpse is in a gaudy golden coffin sitting in an elevated glass box in the cathedral in Aachen, no "digging up" required:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Rappaport posted:

I'm sorry, but on its face, this seems extremely draconian and silly. How is this different from a poll tax, or something similar? I'm an EU citizen and I have a passport, but I don't carry it around with me, and it seems extremely weird that "getting caught without" it would get me fined thousands of euros.

Am I taking crazy pills?

That's the fine for not owning an ID card or alternatively a passport at all. There's no requirement to carry it around with you.