Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote asiina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I will move my vote as if I remember the last game I played with Asiina they were super active and flipped town in the end. Now mysteriously quiet.

##vote asiina

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Oh deadline is tonight btw

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Jimson posted:

I will move my vote as if I remember the last game I played with Asiina they were super active and flipped town in the end. Now mysteriously quiet.

##vote asiina

This is a bad overexplained bandwagon vote, and sounds super self concious. Would vote jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Chic Trombone posted:

This is a bad overexplained bandwagon vote, and sounds super self concious. Would vote jimson

JakeP posted:

id vote asiina

See, these posts come off as SUPER scummy to me because it's like your voting with out actually moving your vote. Either place the vote or don't even bring it up. It's just an easy way to draw attention to your target with out ever moving your vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Those are some nice 'me too' bandwagon votes by BK and Jimson. And by nice, I mean scummy.

BK went from 'I'm confident Chic is scum based on these 4 posts' to a meta vote on Asiina. And Jimson went from attacking lumpen for his style (and catching heat for it) to a meta vote on Asiina.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

See, these posts come off as SUPER scummy to me because it's like your voting with out actually moving your vote. Either place the vote or don't even bring it up. It's just an easy way to draw attention to your target with out ever moving your vote.

im fine with my current vote but would also be fine voting asiina, its ok to think multiple palyers are scummy

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Jimson posted:

##vote asiina

look at dis bandwagon vote

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

BottleKnight posted:

I think you're giving scum too much credit, I've never played that tactically as scum. I just want to look town.

look at this white knight of Jimson

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina votes are bad and not based in play, I like the Jimson case

##vote Jimson

Rarity comes in all hard and fast with SO OBVIOUSLY SCUM QUIDNOSE and then vanishes. Susp.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

im fine with my current vote but would also be fine voting asiina, its ok to think multiple palyers are scummy

See the only problem is that the word Vote has a HUGE weight to it. While saying, hey I think asiina is acting scummy to. Is completely different and carries little weight other than that of your word.

TMMadman posted:

Those are some nice 'me too' bandwagon votes by BK and Jimson. And by nice, I mean scummy.

BK went from 'I'm confident Chic is scum based on these 4 posts' to a meta vote on Asiina. And Jimson went from attacking lumpen for his style (and catching heat for it) to a meta vote on Asiina.
Your right, and in a lot of ways my changing vote could be seen as me flipping sides to avoid heat. The problem is, since I know for sure that I am town, and it's 10 votes to lynch theres no real reason for me to park my vote all day on someone who, if they are the role I and (may be putting to much weight on his words) quidnose believe them to be wouldn't be a huge threat to town on there own.

The only real threat he can pose is if other town are constantly throwing blame his way and ignoring scum players, and it seems the majority of town are parsing, and absorbing his information with out throwing suspicion his way. My initial vote against him was in response to everyone going WTF IS HE POSTING?! HOLY poo poo WHAT ROLE IS HE? If you reread my previous posts you would see that I have always stood on 2 platforms regarding my vote for him. It's annoying to read, and it might passively cause a problem for a town victory.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think the meta case on asiina is actually pretty strong, she is a far more active town poster, and lurks as scum, which is what she is doing in this game. I can understand not wanting to lynch someone for lurking day 1 though even if it is technically not a lurker lynch

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

See the only problem is that the word Vote has a HUGE weight to it. While saying, hey I think asiina is acting scummy to. Is completely different and carries little weight other than that of your word.

with deadline happening in a few hours I think it is a good idea to distinguish that you would be willing to vote someone rather than just finding them scummy. You could FOS someone without being willing to vote them at that time, where the point of the post is to basically say you think there is a chance this player might be scum and you are going to keep an eye on them.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

I think the meta case on asiina is actually pretty strong, she is a far more active town poster, and lurks as scum, which is what she is doing in this game. I can understand not wanting to lynch someone for lurking day 1 though even if it is technically not a lurker lynch

I agree with this 100% it's easy for someone to call bandwagon when people are all voting the same way at once, but I'll be 100% honest? I actually forgot Asiina was even in this game until Imgay said something. So instead of assuming Imgay was scumsplaining a false lynch, I chose to agree. (Especially since I don't think i've seen one person put any suspicion on Imgay so there's no incentive for him to draw attention to asiina it might even have the opposite effect a scum player would want, drawing attention to himself when someone defends asiina because lurking isn't always tantamount to scumming.)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidnose posted:

Asiina votes are bad and not based in play

asiina votes are based on the lack of play. hosed up you think it isnt

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

this game will be alot better if we use the first 3 days to kill all the lurkers, just fyi. We'd be left with active posters

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

you guys really need to stop being so adverse to lurker lynches

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Khris Kruel posted:

you guys really need to stop being so adverse to lurker lynches

If you don't post, you end up on a post.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Jimson posted:

If you don't post, you end up on a post.

if you don't play, you gonna get flay

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im usually fine with lurker lynch day 2/3, and not usually on day 1, but because of Asiinas town/scum meta this would be more than just a lurker lynch, it would be a lurker lynch backed up by meta data on her scum play

really I am leaning towards that being my preferable lynch over jim the more i think about it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If you're not around, you're in the ground

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Khris Kruel posted:

if you don't play, you gonna get flay

You wanna stay(alive)? You gotta play(by posting in this thread, maybe some voting to but it's okay if you don't feel comfortable with that.)!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote asiina

im on board

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Jimson posted:

You wanna stay(alive)? You gotta play(by posting in this thread, maybe some voting to but it's okay if you don't feel comfortable with that.)!

##unvote

That was funny enough for an unvote. I'm watching you though SUSPICIOUS FINGER OF WATCHING

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
While I understand and agree with the cases on Jimson (whose 3P comment was suspicious) and Asiina (who historically lurks when scum), I still think that BK is the scummiest person in the game at the moment. I think he was feigning confidence with the Chic case, and then when called on it switched to a sort of "polite" tone with TMM and Lumpen that seems self-conscious to me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I would prefer to kill Little Mac or Hiipfire, who are perpetual lurkers...but if ya'll wanna lynch asiina I won't stop you. I don't really believe in meta reads

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

I would prefer to kill Little Mac or Hiipfire, who are perpetual lurkers...but if ya'll wanna lynch asiina I won't stop you. I don't really believe in meta reads

Lil mac and hiip lurk as any alignment, asiina only lurks as scum

id rather kill the lurker whos lurking points to them being scum over the lurker who could easily be either alignment

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not really reading this thread. Are there any good cases so far?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not really reading this thread. Are there any good cases so far?

Windmill slam asiina
???
Profit

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Lil mac and hiip lurk as any alignment, asiina only lurks as scum

id rather kill the lurker whos lurking points to them being scum over the lurker who could easily be either alignment

looking at the front page little mac and hiip aren't even in the loving game. Hiip has 4 posts in this thread

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

kordansk has 4 posts and is in the game so ##vote kordansk

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khris Kruel posted:

looking at the front page little mac and hiip aren't even in the loving game. Hiip has 4 posts in this thread

kash said he'd modkill at those margins

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

all right sweet we can kill two lurkers in one vote!

Let's lynch asiina before kordansk posts

##unvote ##vote asiina

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I brought up asiina lurking last night. But yes my bandwagon vote is scummy.

You guys all said my case was bad but yes, I should've stuck with it??

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I brought up asiina lurking last night. But yes my bandwagon vote is scummy.

You guys all said my case was bad but yes, I should've stuck with it??

I think you're scummy for coming to Jimson's defense, and that's the only thing I find you scummy for.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Khris Kruel posted:

I think you're scummy for coming to Jimson's defense, and that's the only thing I find you scummy for.

Oh it's just because I disagree with your case. I don't care about defending jimson. I just think your reasoning is bad.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Oh it's just because I disagree with your case. I don't care about defending jimson. I just think your reasoning is bad.

that's fine, but let the person respond. It's not a good idea to defend people you don't know the alignment to

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

forming connections with people for no reason is a scum thing. They wanna get town cred when they defend townies and defend their scum buddies. Townies have no reason to defend anyone

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Khris Kruel posted:

that's fine, but let the person respond. It's not a good idea to defend people you don't know the alignment to

Khris Kruel posted:

found scum guys. ##unvote ##vote Jimson

Lumpen's posting style has nothing to do with alignment

Not trying to defend BK. I just think it's kind of hypocritical. I don't feel you for scum at all because of this. Just sayin' sometimes it's hard to make assessments of peoples allignment when all we have to go on are the few posts they made this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Jimson posted:

Not trying to defend BK. I just think it's kind of hypocritical. I don't feel you for scum at all because of this. Just sayin' sometimes it's hard to make assessments of peoples allignment when all we have to go on are the few posts they made this game.

how is it hypocritical

• Locked thread