Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Quidnose posted:

Because they know what they did and know there is no danger of claiming said action. Clearly it's not you, which makes ME feel like YOU are rolefishing to find out what happened to me.

:psyduck:

I don't think that people who do nice things to other players want it known that they do nice things, lest they lose the ability to do those nice things by being killed.

I also think that people who do mean things to other players want it known that they do mean things, lest they lose the ability to do those mean things by being lynched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think at this point I will take whatever makes the pool of who is town vs. who is scum smaller, thanks, and a claim here would confirm it for me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I realize it wouldn't confirm it for anyone else so from your perspective it probably is an odd choice on my part, but just trust me on this one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I believe Kordansk. I think you are again picking at things that aren't really there.

##unvote

If he can't give us valid info tomorrow then he's bad. But for now I see no reason to pursue him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

....you have no problem with him not understanding how his role works and having no knowledge of how and when he has been receiving PMs?

What even is this game :psyduck:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think Quid looking for someone to confirm they are a power role is questionable right now, unless we are going for a full claim or something.

The kill list for scum would be narrowed pretty handily already based on his summary post/claim plus at least one additional VT claim so far.

I get the motivation if he's town, but it seems bad.

Like, if there are four scum, I think we are down to 3 or 4 unclaimed spots for power roles to be hiding in currently.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

so I woke up late. Here are my initial thoughts before I do a reread.

Right now I feel good about quidnose and TNL. They're trying...they're scum hunting, they're giving reads and information...the opposite of what scum wants to do. Also quidnose has gotten alot of heat and if 1/3 of our town is scum, that means scum are on him.

MMT and TMM are both claimed roles, gonna ignore them for now.

Lumpen has been giving information and reads, but not scum hunting as much as he normally does. But he's still pro town in my opinion.

I like Rarity's posting, although should be more of it.

kordansk is posting and posting hard, although it's sort of bad. I'm just assuming that kordansk is new and a tryhard. I like it for now.

KB I'm neutral on. He's been around, and posting, but he seems to be getting alot of his reads off other people and not trying as hard as other players. Need more information.

I don't like JakeP. I haven't seen JakeP do anything but call out other people in the thread.

I don't like BHB simply because I couldn't remember they were in the game, which is always bad and what scum are trying to do.

anyways, gonna reread the thread and come up with a vote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

....you have no problem with him not understanding how his role works and having no knowledge of how and when he has been receiving PMs?

What even is this game :psyduck:

It's the nature of his play. You are expecting things like him checking time stamps to see when he got things when to him it would just be whenever he woke up in his odd time zone. He's disconnected and distracted and not spending a lot of time in the thread. His haphazard claim fits that pattern for me. And because it's easily verifiable in tomorrow's day phase when he theoretically will provide us more info, it seems like a no brainer to wait. We won't have a night after this day phase, so no harm/no foul.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

oh and imgay is like sandwolf. You're not really gonna get alot from his posting and I'm not really sure why anyone lets him play their games

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

Lumpen has been giving information and reads, but not scum hunting as much as he normally does. But he's still pro town in my opinion.

Can you explain this?

You also never explained what you think he is doing but you seemed to clearly know.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barehanded Brother posted:

• TMMadman - I believe the vig claim, Jimson was a logical target for a town vig and completely illogical for a scum kill

Please expand on this. How was it illogical for scum to kill the claimed town power role who was theoretically clearing someone else as town?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I feel a little better about BHB after those last few posts. I don't know if it's enough for me to trust him completely, but it's enough for me to ##vote Lumpen instead.

The fact that Lumpen responded to the BHB list post with another nonsense graphic is enough for me. I think he's scum hiding behind the nonsense and hoping everyone just handwaves it away as a gimmick.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

posting from page 9...Rarity is making reads and connections hard core, so I think she's town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

I don't like JakeP. I haven't seen JakeP do anything but call out other people in the thread.

whats the difference between calling people out and scum hunting? What am I calling them out on except for their alignment????

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

whats the difference between calling people out and scum hunting? What am I calling them out on except for their alignment????

Calling out people is not scum hunting. It's just saying "hey I have this feeling about this person because of ~feels~".

To scum hunt you can't just look at someone in a bubble...who are their scum buddies? What are the scum's objective? Who are they trying to get lynched?

saying "yeah think this person is scum" isn't scum hunting if you give no reasons

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

Also quidnose has gotten alot of heat and if 1/3 of our town is scum, that means scum are on him.

Also I would argue the exact oppisate. I think he should be getting a lot more heat, but most people have just mentioned him at the most, and there has been no real momentum to get him lynched at all

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

Calling out people is not scum hunting. It's just saying "hey I have this feeling about this person because of ~feels~".

To scum hunt you can't just look at someone in a bubble...who are their scum buddies? What are the scum's objective? Who are they trying to get lynched?

saying "yeah think this person is scum" isn't scum hunting if you give no reasons

I have listed out 3 players who i think are scum together potentially

You are calling me out for things that aren't even accurate, looks like you are just going with the flow of the game and positioning yourself to vote me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't know if Lumpen is the right cuddle today. Even if we flip scum we'll get zero information from him. We need to flip scum and get info. JakeP would be the best candidate for that, then imgay, then KB, then MAYBE Lumpen.

While I think that kordansk is lying scum I can agree that sitting on him is fine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

I have listed out 3 players who i think are scum together potentially

You are calling me out for things that aren't even accurate, looks like you are just going with the flow of the game and positioning yourself to vote me

Remind me who your scum picks are and why?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Scu team is Quid TNL BHB and one of Rarity Kordansk KK Lumpen or Imgay, currently in no partcular order

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

actually nevermind, i went through JakeP's posting and he's giving reads and information. I think he's town right now.

He's also interacted with everyone in some fashion, so there's no connections to be drawn

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

King Burgundy posted:

Please expand on this. How was it illogical for scum to kill the claimed town power role who was theoretically clearing someone else as town?

Because he was the presumptive lynch candidate for the next day, to the point where almost everyone was calling him scum. Why NK someone when town will waste a lynch him for you?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

did someone claim oracle? Was it kordansk?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Can you explain this?

You also never explained what you think he is doing but you seemed to clearly know.

that's for lumpen to tell, not me. It has nothing to do with their alignment, imo anyways

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

This is a mirror of how I always feel.

Right now we are covered by Kashuno's 5 posts per day modkill thing on the worst offender, which makes me happy, but there are still plenty just above the line like Asiina, Chic and AN.

Sadly, those three are all women and I'm voting for Rarity, another, so now I feel like something is wrong with me.

This is one of the first posts that struck me as odd...we know that asiina, chic and AN are town...and he's voting for rarity, and pointing it out I guess?

If Rarity or KB are scum, they both are.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barehanded Brother posted:

Because he was the presumptive lynch candidate for the next day, to the point where almost everyone was calling him scum. Why NK someone when town will waste a lynch him for you?

Because if he's really a role that can clear people, he would come into the next day with even more information to share and could easily escape the cuddle. I don't think Jimson would have been cuddled.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

that's for lumpen to tell, not me. It has nothing to do with their alignment, imo anyways

##vote Khris Kruel

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I don't know if Lumpen is the right cuddle today. Even if we flip scum we'll get zero information from him. We need to flip scum and get info. JakeP would be the best candidate for that, then imgay, then KB, then MAYBE Lumpen.

While I think that kordansk is lying scum I can agree that sitting on him is fine.

Can you clarify how we would get information from imgay's flip when you have I believe said he isn't posting any content?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Went through BHB, didn't see anything that stood out. I thought he was lurking, but he's giving reads but there's not alot of it and looks to be using safe opinions. So neutral on him

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Khris Kruel

:rolleyes:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

did someone claim oracle? Was it kordansk?

Yes to both.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Can you clarify how we would get information from imgay's flip when you have I believe said he isn't posting any content?

imgay posted:

jake and quid

Quidnose posted:

One scum, one town for when you flip. Thanks imgay, pretty standard response~

Not who are both voting me right now :getin:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Khris Kruel

This is a v. bad reason to vote KK. Why do you think he is scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

This is one of the first posts that struck me as odd...we know that asiina, chic and AN are town...and he's voting for rarity, and pointing it out I guess?

If Rarity or KB are scum, they both are.

Did you read this in context? It seems pretty clear to me that this is all about the Men's club gag, and those are conveniently almost all of the women in the thread(minus MMT, who wasn't on the bottom of the post list).

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Not who are both voting me right now :getin:

Ah, rofl. Ok, makes sense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Should have been note, not not, my bad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

This is a v. bad reason to vote KK. Why do you think he is scum?

Because I'm leaning more and more towards Lumpen being scum and I think KK is protecting him. He doesn't want to give his analysis about what Lumpen is doing because it is all made up and there is nothing there.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And why do you think Lumpen is scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Keep in mind, that I already had suspicions of KK. I've only played in one game with him, I think, and he was town, and he wasn't playing like this at all.

• Locked thread