Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Jake D1 votes and cases:

JakeP posted:

ya that jimson post comes from a scum point of view. Its just so weird that he instantly reverts to "even if he is a third party" which makes it seem like he knows lumpen isn't scum because he isn't on his scum team with him

##vote jimson

Town push.

JakeP posted:

I think the meta case on asiina is actually pretty strong, she is a far more active town poster, and lurks as scum, which is what she is doing in this game. I can understand not wanting to lynch someone for lurking day 1 though even if it is technically not a lurker lynch

Town push.

JakeP posted:

anarc lurks every game

Clearing of town.

JakeP posted:

You would be a perfect addition to Club Men

Hurm.

JakeP posted:

^^nice post count padding ^^

Callout of town Podima.

JakeP posted:

Bottle Night seems like a swell guy, not gonna lynch him over asina

Clear of someone not on the scumteam.

JakeP posted:

ok for real bottleknight is kinda scummy. The whole self conciousness about being coming across confident early was a thing, but now the self conciousness about confidence consistency is just like he is trying to hard to put on a facade

....and then a flipflop to someone not on the scumteam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Like you mentioned it as an offhand comment of oh, I guess that guy is scum but I think the people voting him are scummier. No specifics about the case. You completely ignored it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's that really scummy post I quoted you posting in which you said JakeP was scummy but we were scummier...

Well, see, I talked about it. ;)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Well, see, I talked about it. ;)

Yeah out of the side of your mouth. mumblemumble I guess Jake's scummy mumblemumble

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So on D1 JakeP posted suspicion of most of the town we've flipped, dismissed Anarc who we know was town, made a single comment on KB, and ignored:

imgay
Lumpen
me
BHB
Rarity
kord
TNL

Probably missing at least one or two more but a place to start.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Like you mentioned it as an offhand comment of oh, I guess that guy is scum but I think the people voting him are scummier. No specifics about the case. You completely ignored it.

Oh, I don't think I was saying he was scum even. I was never anything more then null on Jake. I mean, I basically mentioned him as a wildcard.

And again, I don't think ignoring it is a fair characterization. I was probably just busy with other stuff in the thread if I was posting at the time. I'd have to reread that whole section to figure it out. But doesn't seem much point in it since I'm going today or tomorrow regardless.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah out of the side of your mouth. mumblemumble I guess Jake's scummy mumblemumble

Again, giving me too much credit.

"I guess Jake is something, mumble mumble"

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

So yeah good job you ignored the case. What is it called when you don't acknowledge something that's happening?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Re-read of rarity - leans town based on her D3/D4 play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

....has TMM posted since mid D3?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

So on D1 JakeP posted suspicion of most of the town we've flipped, dismissed Anarc who we know was town, made a single comment on KB, and ignored:

imgay
Lumpen
me
BHB
Rarity
kord
TNL

Probably missing at least one or two more but a place to start.

Ah, the ignore list is interesting given imgay is on it. And my favorite vote Lumpen. ;)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah that guy is a wild card, even though two people have been loudly casing him all day. vOv

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

So yeah good job you ignored the case. What is it called when you don't acknowledge something that's happening?

TNL, if I go find things you didn't comment on in this game. There would be tons. You didn't say much early on. Do you agree with that?

Is it fair for me to say you were ignoring it? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah that guy is a wild card, even though two people have been loudly casing him all day. vOv

A wildcard for ME. This list of 3 scum, I guess if there is 4, maybe that guy I'm null on?

I don't understand why people misunderstand everything I say.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm pretty sure I have directly commented on almost everything in this game that's happened, including cases and suspicions on both scum who have flipped.

The issue here is that a case was made on flipped scum and you have 0 to say about it one way or the other.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm trying to figure out why Podima was the scum NK N1.

She comes down p. hard on Lumpen during twilight:

Podima posted:

Not sure about this, you left out an important part of Kashuno's quote.

I see no reason that this would translate into Tainted getting deathproof/lynchproof. Both Lumpen and Jimson get a big ol' FoS from me for that!

Podima posted:

Please read my post commenting on Lumpen's - I don't think it's a plausible explanation at all given the flavor we got at day start.

Podima posted:

THAT BEING SAID I have a hard time believing that yesterday's CYOA boon was anything other than a detriment to Tainted, and Lumpen claiming otherwise and Jimson immediately going 'yeah! yeah!' is suspicious as poo poo.

I see literally no other reason for Podima to have been the NK. Thoughts?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

....has TMM posted since mid D3?

Probably not.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
KB who's scum?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I'm trying to figure out why Podima was the scum NK N1.

She comes down p. hard on Lumpen during twilight:

I see literally no other reason for Podima to have been the NK. Thoughts?

Someone nobody was talking about. Why not? Hard to believe Lumpen maintains his crazy PR if the scum feel they have to kill people off to protect him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm pretty sure I have directly commented on almost everything in this game that's happened, including cases and suspicions on both scum who have flipped.

The issue here is that a case was made on flipped scum and you have 0 to say about it one way or the other.

Another thing you will have to acknowledge doesn't make me scum in the future after you see me flip I guess. :)

It's pretty clear it didn't make an impression on me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kordansk posted:

KB who's scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Seriously.

I'm sick of typing if no one will read what I say and when they actually do they can't even comprehend the words I"m typing.

Please vote me out of this game.

And then hopefully the more intelligent among you can win the game for me anyway. I suggest you go for my leading scum candidate. Don't ask Kordansk who that is, ask someone who is paying attention. If Lumpen doesn't pan out, ask someone who isn't Kordansk who I said to look at after that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also have never understood the Asiina N2 kill so now I'm gonna see who SHE was suspicious of:

Asiina posted:

I agree with Quidnose. I think Rarity's vote and explanation were severely lacking. I also think he was making a lot of sense with his questions and TNL coming back at it with "lol that's a lot of words" is lovely. I read those words, and those words made sense.

Jimson has been making a bunch of real votes for strange reasons that feel like "I want to jump on a bandwagon but I need an original reason so uh, here is a reason." and that reason doesn't ever really make sense.

Also for the record I've totally broken my meta. I'm better now and don't lurk as scum, I just was intimidated by the growing number of posts in this thread and was avoiding it in favour of a game that opened up that is much further along that I'm really enjoying. Also making my own game because I'm distracted by shiny things.

##vote Jimson

Oh, also this is neither here nor there, but I have Lumpen on ignore and will not be reading his posts kthx.

This is the only real read post she makes. She went hard after Jimson. Floats rarity case here and mentions she doesn't like Lumpen. I think this was also probably a "zero information" kill but it is again a weird one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously.

I'm sick of typing if no one will read what I say and when they actually do they can't even comprehend the words I"m typing.

And then hopefully the more intelligent among you can win the game for me anyway. I suggest you go for my leading scum candidate. Don't ask Kordansk who that is, ask someone who is paying attention. If Lumpen doesn't pan out, ask someone who isn't Kordansk who I said to look at after that.

why you gotta post what reads like genuine town frustration to me KB

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Another thing you will have to acknowledge doesn't make me scum in the future after you see me flip I guess. :)

It's pretty clear it didn't make an impression on me.

Uhhh dude this isn't a "meta defense" thing it's a game mechanics thing. Scum don't like to talk about cases on their buddies if they don't have to, they don't like committing on their buddies at all if they don't have to. Maybe you're not scum doing it in this game but it's still scummy that you did. It's scummy that you barely mentioned either flipped scum in any capacity.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously.

I'm reading your posts, and literally all you have is: Lumpen.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Holy poo poo I just realized something, if I actually got a boon on D3 from "an event has benefitted the adventurers" than D2 easily could have granted a scum member GF and we could be dealing with a dual role and it could be kordansk.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I've been running under the assumption that the events were bad poo poo because I thought Lumpen's word soup was related to it but I could be goddamned completely wrong

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized something, if I actually got a boon on D3 from "an event has benefitted the adventurers" than D2 easily could have granted a scum member GF and we could be dealing with a dual role and it could be kordansk.

Not benefitted, just affected. I need to reread day announcements because kordansk could easily be leading us right into loving everything and we've been blindly following his suggestions the last couple of nights. Sapphire was not his pitch, it was discovered before he recommended it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

KB you would be looking a lot more town to me right now if your response to my questions was "JakeP and imgay weren't on my radar" instead of "if I was scum I would have bused them hard."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

Why would a scum kordanks vote JakeP yesterday?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
My issue with KB right now is he is parroting your list post and then saying Lumpen is the best target even if you lynch me. He also is playing the victim card at the moment to garner empathy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Uhhh dude this isn't a "meta defense" thing it's a game mechanics thing. Scum don't like to talk about cases on their buddies if they don't have to, they don't like committing on their buddies at all if they don't have to. Maybe you're not scum doing it in this game but it's still scummy that you did. It's scummy that you barely mentioned either flipped scum in any capacity.

Yup. And again, you'll see after my flip that it doesn't work for me. I comment on everything. I talk a lot. I don't avoid topics unless I really don't have poo poo to say about them. His case obviously didn't rate compared to the stuff I wanted to talk about. :shrug:

kordansk posted:

I'm reading your posts, and literally all you have is: Lumpen.

No it isn't.

You obviously haven't read my posts. If there is even a scum after Lumpen, I outlined who to go after. You are WORTHLESS. LEARN TO READ. I will not be responding to you again in this game. Please vote me out.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

kordansk posted:

My issue with KB right now is he is parroting your list post and then saying Lumpen is the best target even if you lynch me. He also is playing the victim card at the moment to garner empathy.

your list = TNL's list

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Yup. And again, you'll see after my flip that it doesn't work for me. I comment on everything. I talk a lot. I don't avoid topics unless I really don't have poo poo to say about them. His case obviously didn't rate compared to the stuff I wanted to talk about. :shrug:

No it isn't.

You obviously haven't read my posts. If there is even a scum after Lumpen, I outlined who to go after. You are WORTHLESS. LEARN TO READ. I will not be responding to you again in this game. Please vote me out.

Okay. ##vote King Burgundy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

HOLY poo poo

HOLY poo poo

IT'S TIED TO NIGHT KILLS

N0 result:

Kashuno posted:

An action affecting the Tainted has triggered. Day One begins now.

Action.

Kashuno posted:

EVENT: All players take two less votes to lynch today!
EVENT: An event affecting the Tainted has occured!

It is now D2

Event.

Kashuno posted:

EVENT: An event has affected the Adventurers!
EVENT: There will be no Night Phase this day!

It is now Day Three

Event.

Kashuno posted:

No one died Night Four[/i]

EVENT: All Players take one more vote to lynch: Note that in order to make this work, I had to add votefinder and hiipfire to the active players list. They are not alive; there are 10 alive, and 7 votes to lynch.
It is now Day Five

Event, and only one of them. AND THERE WAS NO NIGHT KILL, WHEREAS EVERY OTHER DAY WE HAD TWO NKS AND TWO EVENTS.

I AM SNIFFIN' AT SOMETHING IT'S LATE AND I'M EXCITED

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kordansk posted:

This is not a response to Kordansk. This is to everyone else in the game. Is anything in this post something that is happening in this game? Like, whaaaaat?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why would a scum kordanks vote JakeP yesterday?

Because heat from flipping town Lumpen combined with his terrible roleclaim debacle makes it 1-2-3 as soon as we get a JakeP flip of JakeP-imgay-kordanks.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I really think town will win the game if we go down the line of:

KB -> Lumpen -> MMT -> BHB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote kordansk this makes more sense than anything else that has happened

• Locked thread