Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

A man dressed in a white toga and fedora was standing in the middle of the clearing. He was pointing a furious finger at one of the ladies in our group with a half smug grin and half angry smirk. Everyone watched in exasperation as he stood there, unflinching. It made me sit up and put away my pipe. The intense concentration was palpable. What would he do next? The thrill was almost too much to bare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Just did a re-read of Asiina, might possibly be definitely Scum. I have no doubt about this, I have never been more completely confident that I might be potentially right on a read in my entire Mafoa/CYOA hybrid career.

##FOS Asiina
That means FINGER OF SUSPICION™ and it is a new thing I just came up with that is to be used for when you want to lynch someone for sure but not quite to the point of actually voting them because let's not be hasty, gentlemen. Whoever is the administrator of Votefinder should implement FOS™ tracking immediately now that I have once again innovated (Mafia/Werewolf)/CYOAhybrids forever. It is a new dawn.

please don't (dumb) fake action tyvm

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hmm, I dunno, day 1 seems like a really tough day to make a vote, I mean, it's only day 1, that's like the first number? To answer your question, maybe?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Chic Trombone posted:

Bottleknight's vote on me is bad, for reasons others have elaborated on

also sorry if i don't think baby penis and orphan jokes are funny???? gosh.
Nobody needs to apologize for their triggers. If baby penises killed my parents, I would not see the humor in those things either

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Lumpen, I got a finger for you:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lumpen posted:

I mean yeah it seems pretty early in the day to be throwing around so much heavy demagoguery, we have to be cautious about getting any incindiary bandwagons rolling that could get out of control. Especially when Asiina might not actually be wolfy, but I just don't know, I have a hunch that she is just dangerous because of some of those posts. Do you have any suspicions Ninth, I really respect your opinion because you have chosen a lot of your own adventures before, if I remember correctly.

Not down with this. I was going to ask Lumpen to explain his case since he said nothing other than "read her and I am fairly certain she's scum!" but now he's asking Ninth to make the case FOR him without having presented his own case. Shady shady shady.

##vote Lumpen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

guys I think chic trombone might be scum. maybe. it's entirely possible. maybe.

-how town should post cases apparently

Nah, MT had a legit point here. We're barely out of jokephase here.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember that time lumpen spoiled the 100 and made asiina rage quit the game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

The implication (by MT not Anarc) is that I sounded so sure of my case that I'm scum. But why wouldn't town me do that? Why wouldn't I as town try to sound sure of my casing?

And now you're resorting to WIFOM. Do not like.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Rarity posted:

Maybe it's just because I know I'm town, but the idea that confidence is inherently scummy is mindbogglingly bad to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

##vote Rarity

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Maybe it's just because I know I'm town, but the idea that confidence is inherently scummy is mindbogglingly bad to me.

Also I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Waiting for my plane. Can't wait to go home.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Waiting for my plane. Can't wait to go home.

idk if I missed it but where did you go?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

idk if I missed it but where did you go?

St George Utah for work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Rarity

Hi KB! How are you today?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

St George Utah for work.

Oof. I'd want to go home too.

Were the temps comfy at least?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

You really shouldn't sit on temporary employees.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Hi KB! How are you today?

I'm so very tired. Been a long week. How are you?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah. Thankfully this is actually a decent time of year for temps here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

You really shouldn't sit on temporary employees.

lmao WHO'S GOING TO STOP ME

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah. Thankfully this is actually a decent time of year for temps here.

Good!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I'm so very tired. Been a long week. How are you?

A girl who used to work where I do killed herself today. I only met her once but a bunch of my closest mates have been really torn up about it and our work is like a family so to lose anyone sucks and it's been the third this year. So yeah, it was a rough day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Barehanded Brother posted:

Mafia Edit:

yikes

I said don't copy me, jerks!

kordansk posted:

So, never played a CYOA before. Can we go back the way we came and back up that hill to see where to go next?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh I guess we already picked what we were doing before the game started...?

Like the OP says, at the end of each day after the lynch, we'll get some number of options from Kash for our next step.

Still catching up!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

A girl who used to work where I do killed herself today. I only met her once but a bunch of my closest mates have been really torn up about it and our work is like a family so to lose anyone sucks and it's been the third this year. So yeah, it was a rough day.

Wait jesus christ, that's awful. My sincere condolences Rarity, I'm really sorry for the loss. :(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

gently caress, that sucks so much. Really sorry to hear that.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is the worst jokephase I've ever seen. Imgay is being more shitposty than usual which isn't necessarily a scum tell it's just stupid and annoying.

This post rubs me the wrong way, I've seen way worse jokephases and this seems like an easy way to look like you're participating when you're not actually providing content.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Holy cow that is awful. Sorry to hear that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

This post rubs me the wrong way, I've seen way worse jokephases and this seems like an easy way to look like you're participating when you're not actually providing content.

Are you saying AN HASN'T been providing content?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

Awful. Hang in there, Rarity, I'm super sorry :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks guys :)

Podima posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Rarity posted:

Gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss :( Hang in there!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

incredibly reserved, doesn't want to make jokes, faked a conversation starter and then did not participate in any conversations

this is a classic Scum Entrance

##vote chic trombone

honestly, I implore everyone to look at chic's 4 posts and tell me that's not scum

Interesting callout, but Chic hasn't said they'd read the thread and never done it yet which is their classic scumtell from the soldiers thread so :v:

Preview Edit:

Quidnose posted:

Are you saying AN HASN'T been providing content?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767246&userid=188764#post457563243 This followup post I hadn't gotten to in my reread yet is something at least! But that's about it - that link should take you to her post history.

Then again I am guilty of lurking through the first chunk of jokephase myself so it's more something for me to keep an eye on as the game progresses.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Not down with this. I was going to ask Lumpen to explain his case since he said nothing other than "read her and I am fairly certain she's scum!" but now he's asking Ninth to make the case FOR him without having presented his own case. Shady shady shady.

##vote Lumpen

My take is that Lumpen was :lumpen:ing his way through jokephase, I'm not sure why you took his posts seriously.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Good lord I hate it when people take the time to go HEY I'M TOWN in early game, and doing it this early into d1 seems like you're tryharding.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok all caught up! ##vote BottleKnight

Raising a glass of libations to the other travelers, Podima hiccuped. "Seems like a good spot to stay and rest a while, don't it? Refreshing!"

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey now I did usually at least read the thread when I said that in the soldiers game

I just didn't always post stuff afterwards

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767246&userid=188764#post457563243 This followup post I hadn't gotten to in my reread yet is something at least! But that's about it - that link should take you to her post history.

Then again I am guilty of lurking through the first chunk of jokephase myself so it's more something for me to keep an eye on as the game progresses.

Hurm. I dunno, why would you call her out for not having content when you haven't even finished reading her. That's weird.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

My take is that Lumpen was :lumpen:ing his way through jokephase, I'm not sure why you took his posts seriously.

Scum participate in joke phase, and the way they do it is USUALLY scummy. I didn't like the way Lumpen was doing it!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Good lord I hate it when people take the time to go HEY I'M TOWN in early game, and doing it this early into d1 seems like you're tryharding.

How does tryharding make me scum? Please paint me this picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

My first post was THANK GOD VANILLA TOWN and I don't see you calling it out.

Podima your casework is lazy and seems kinda pick and choosy!

• Locked thread