Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Please lock and post the scumdoc, tia.

Idk how to post the scum doc from my phone :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Please lock and post the scumdoc, tia.

Here, I figured out I can lock it (I just can't reopen it, that has to be done by kash): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DenCvITHdAPFIGpYRHlQZcbVjrDE_d0whRwvJFKUgNM/edit#gid=319090021

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Scum team this game were real pro. Very well played.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
GJ team well done

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I was not a fan of the CYOA effects in this game. I felt they detracted frkmt the fun overall, made the nights take even longer, and TMM's death by RNG was totall bullshit.

It would be MUCH better to have the effects of each choice OPEN and directly said, and for each path to have a balanced but intereting twist to the game day, and for the path to be decided using public votes during the day, so there is something interesting to argue about which can also provide hints to alignment.

So for example: you may go West, into the dragon den (if this is chosen the FIRST player who voted for it will be EATEN by the dragon, but the Town Cop gets 3 investigations tonight from talking to the wise sated dragon)<-- potential big cost, potential big reward, Godfather makes it attractive to Scum, makes a very interesting discussion of who will sacrifice themself
You may go East, and camp on the sandy beach (all actions for the night will be publically Tracked because of footprints inn the sand)<-- if Scum Ninja is alive, Scum will want this!
You may go South into the whispering wood (Random Busdriving of all players in the night) <-- useful if Town Power Roles seem to be depleted, could cause a Scum death if the Scum attempt a kill
You may continie North (no effect, default if no majority reached)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

It would be MUCH better to have the effects of each choice OPEN and directly said, and for each path to have a balanced but intereting twist to the game day, and for the path to be decided using public votes during the day, so there is something interesting to argue about which can also provide hints to alignment.

So for example: you may go West, into the dragon den (if this is chosen the FIRST player who voted for it will be EATEN by the dragon, but the Town Cop gets 3 investigations tonight from talking to the wise sated dragon)<-- potential big cost, potential big reward, Godfather makes it attractive to Scum, makes a very interesting discussion of who will sacrifice themself
You may go East, and camp on the sandy beach (all actions for the night will be publically Tracked because of footprints inn the sand)<-- if Scum Ninja is alive, Scum will want this!
You may go South into the whispering wood (Random Busdriving of all players in the night) <-- useful if Town Power Roles seem to be depleted, could cause a Scum death if the Scum attempt a kill
You may continie North (no effect, default if no majority reached)

Yeah, I agree with this for the most part. I think if you can make it work, then public voting is actually better. And I like Lumpen's take on how it could go if you went a step further and knew the results, but I'm not sure that is necessary or desirable. Since some of the fun of CYOA is NOT knowing.

Which is another reason the oracle was probably a bad role to have in this. And also scum should remain in the dark.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I disagree about the choices being open and known. It's way better to try and figure that stuff out from context/clues than it is to actually know them. You just can't have the oracle around to lead players to the correct choices.

Also, I don't think the choices should have death attached to them. Giving the scum team a second NK is ok because that means someone has the chance to be tracked/watched/whatever, but having a consequence of the cyoa be an actual death kind of ruins things. The stuff like the ninja being trackable for a night or the loved/hated stuff were good things imo. The random death was bad (I'd be saying that regardless of who died)and I think Kash even mentioned that one of the choices on the first night would have killed the scum performing the NK and I think that also would have been bad.

I'm assuming those kind of things are in non hybrid CYOA games, but because of the mafia game under it, I don't think you can have that kind of randomness without frustrating people in the process.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Check out the 4 names in the middle square.

Lumpen posted:

I have decidedly come down in favor of resting my trust and esteem upon JakeP, imgay, Rarity, and TMM with confidence that bespeaks their qualities expressed in posting and voting.
Exactly wrong. Or was I? Maybe my heyoka powers of subconcious Mafia were well-attuned.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Lumpen posted:

Check out the 4 names in the middle square.

yeah I'm pretty sure the outer squares were who you thought were scummy and the inner was who you thought were town

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure the outer squares were who you thought were scummy and the inner was who you thought were town

Actually it was Town on top to Scum on bottom, like an inverted LumpenList
And for the Time Cube, it was Midday= Totally Town, Sunup=Tentatively Trustable, Sundown=Somewhat Suspicious, Midnight=Supposably Scummy

For the 4-d cube diagram it was inner=Town, outer=Scum, radiating out from myself

For the Masonic tracing board it was just matching people's claims or demeanor with symbology, it wasn't really alignment based.

I was very much wrong on that day with my reads, of course.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I don't know why you thought I was so scummy, Lumpen ole friend~

One of these days JakeP and I will be on the same team and also won't be at each other's throats :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Even if I was a n1 kill this was a great game to read, very well done to everyone concerned!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Khris Kruel posted:

meta reads are dumb, and anyone being caught by them are dumb

I normally agree with this, but I did notice that I was throwing them out a lot. The two correct reads I had on scum (Jake and TMM) were both based on my comparison of their play this game to how I had seen them in other games, whereas my "regular" scumhunting had me incorrectly casing Lumpen for years.

Fun game Kash! That was my first survivor/3P win, and all I had to do was try and play it exactly like VT :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit guys you weren't actually supposed to listen to my plan :negative:

I was legit frustrated that you were giving me heat for my posting on that final day because that's exactly how I would have been acting if I was town.

GG town, especially GG to MT for putting herself in a risky situation and then playing a blinder. I wish TM had swung the vote towards Lumpen at the end of D3 instead of Jake, I reckon if he'd done that we'd have done it.

Or, y'know, if there wasn't a bullshit random death :v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Holy cow I just read over the scumdoc and realized the extent to which claiming Survivor when I did ended up saving my life, good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Gg guys.

• Locked thread