Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm very disappointed in the level of jokes in this SA mafia jokephase

##vote MT

This is all your fault

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What the ever loving gently caress is going on itt

Comedy, apparently

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

##vote rarity obvious scum entrance

TRAP SPRUNG

##vote BK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

obvious flailing post

CAUGHT IN A TRAP

NO TURNING BACK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

*rarity, sweating, turns off her caps lock*

"I think the joke works. They probably bought it."

*looks out the window wistfully*

"I should get some pizza rolls."

I got so many pizza rolls, you don't even know

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Are we out of jokephase or not? I'm confused

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Imgay is being more shitposty than usual

How can you even tell?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ANarc, my question was serious, please answer it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

Oh, JakeP, hi, I'm your biggest fan! Please tell me, um, how are you so good at mafia? *blushes*

Doping

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

guys I think chic trombone might be scum. maybe. it's entirely possible. maybe.

-how town should post cases apparently

Nah, MT had a legit point here. We're barely out of jokephase here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

The implication (by MT not Anarc) is that I sounded so sure of my case that I'm scum. But why wouldn't town me do that? Why wouldn't I as town try to sound sure of my casing?

And now you're resorting to WIFOM. Do not like.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Rarity

Hi KB! How are you today?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I'm so very tired. Been a long week. How are you?

A girl who used to work where I do killed herself today. I only met her once but a bunch of my closest mates have been really torn up about it and our work is like a family so to lose anyone sucks and it's been the third this year. So yeah, it was a rough day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks guys :)

Podima posted:

This post rubs me the wrong way, I've seen way worse jokephases and this seems like an easy way to look like you're participating when you're not actually providing content.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Scum participate in joke phase, and the way they do it is USUALLY scummy. I didn't like the way Lumpen was doing it!

This doesn't make any sense to me. It looks like one of those things people say to look like a fact when it's not actually a fact. Quid, can you give some example ideas of scummy jokephase posting?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

It just rubs me the wrong way when people are like "CLEARLY this is joke phase why are you even taking this seriously." Scum know what they're doing during joke phase, come on now. Everything scum do is calculated, why would joke phase be any different.

This isn't my experience of playing jokephase when I've been scum. Perhaps we just approach playing that alignment differently.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

I dunno, I feel like if someone who was more wiling to put effort into it than me ran the numbers they'd find that most cases based on jokephase / D1 usually end up with dead town.

Well yes, but that's because there's way more town on D1 than scum so that's to be expected.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Quidnose may be onto something. My posts were not very subtle about how decisive the articulation concerned. Maybe Quidnose inherently questions whether incisive queries can really anchor Scumhunting when sincerity is called into question. We can all understand that, I know I've been there. On the other hand, Asiina does look more intensly unseemly when you take into account what Ninth said about that.

Khris Kruel tends to have all the answers and the best breadcrumbs, while also answering Rarity soundly in the way nobody expected.

Podima, can you look into all this and share your analysis? The tendency to cut through jokephase when cuts both ways.

Let's not overlook who's really posting Scummy here, and that's Murmurtwin. Especially the last several posts as well as earlier ones. BottleKnight, do you see what I'm seeing there and what post especially sums it up when you really think about it?

##Vote Murmurtwin

What is this I don't even know.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I don't know if you have considered the likelihood that gaining votes with suspicions adverse relates to between the other thing you're doing. What I'm noticing when you post is that making sense also connotes being onto something. But who knows if that being the case would flip just what is expected. AnonNarc has experienced this many times from a meta perspective.

Calling me out earlier for exaclty the same thing is bound to come back and remind me again later. But at the same time, not voting on it noticed an awkward vibe from you, going back to hedge on that tunnelvision.

My case on Murmurtwin works the same way, as BottleKnight pointed out.

TMM's posting is not intended to constitute an appearance of Scumhunting, but something deeper going on. Khris Kruel knows it, even Asiina obviously suspects it. So why no votes yet? There's a feeling like awkward posting when overemotional but not contributing that still drives content, but that's more than I can decide at this point. TNL said as much when he posted on the other page.

##vote Quidnose Thunderdome, bitch.

Lumpen are you feeling all right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

This is the fakest of the fake. There is NO WAY you think I am scum, your posting doesn't even include a case on me. The only thing I can see is that you're saying I'm tunnelvisioned whilst not voting for you, which makes no sense; I am voting for you. You reading the thread, Lumpen?

Your thunderdomes have been great in the past, used when you are CERTAIN you have caught scum to the point that you are willing to demand the game vote along your self-created schism. This is too early. There is no case to back it up. This is you playing that YOU ARE LUMPEN with no substance and no reason to do so.

And it's fake! My vote stands!

I feel like this is a huge overreaction and it makes me think Quid is very concerned about his safety

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

All I'm saying is don't you find it all a little strange when Scumhunting and suddenly people just say they don't even look back and read all the posts before just disappearing for hours, only to then say the opposite? That's far from what I or anyone would consider to be just what you would expect when Scumhunting. Right?

Quidnose isn't even trying to hide it when in fact there is no doubt that on the last page they all were saying the same thing. I believed it at first but then more people chimed in, even Rarity. What I was initially claiming about Asiina's posts, Quidnose jumped right in and started flipping out, but not in the least bit like defending a Scumbuddy but instead as to the effect of knowing what effect posting just like that would have, even right after Khris Kruel said that.

All the while Jimson is lurking but nobody said a word about a newbie shield but then coming in here and spouting off about TMM. Look at the softclaims we have so far. If Murmurtwin is pretending not to be seeing it, who else isn't reacting? Just look who gets nightkilled and then look back at the posting. In light of the flip.

Clearly. You were the one who, in previous posts, just came right out of the gate with what you said and that should be noted. It isn't an alignment call but everyone can understand just what I mean when just a few posts ago you were saying something completely different.

I want Asiina and Podima to weigh in here because the two of them have really got me thinking. I will come back to that in my next post, but for now I want them to report back with what they learned since then.

I think Lumpen has dumped a bunch of words into a sentence generator and is just posting whatever comes back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Are you stroking out here? Here is your original post about me:

Neither KK, Asiina or TNL have mentioned me at all. I don't know what you are talking about at all here and feel like you mean someone else.

I've made a joke vote on Quid, made a joke post towards you about your finger thing, explained to BK why I haven't been posting much, and made a few chit chat posts. So where exactly am I saying something completely different?

And you as well. Why are any of you taking this seriously?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's a claim that there are a lot of awesome ladies in this game

:sparkles:

All the best mafia ladies are here.

Except FV.

Someone drop out so FV can replace and then we can have an awesome alliance drinking margaritas by the pool while ogling hot bar staff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

You're seriously trying to engage which are clearly nonsensical and not intended to make sense. It looks like you think you've got something to prove and that says scummy intentions to me.

##vote Quidnose

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

and ecco, don't be rude

Eh, she's not bad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

How?

Like, seriously, lots of people are going "Lumpen is being weird." I voted him because I saw something he was doing as scummy, and called him out on it. I continued to discuss it with him, then unvoted because I think he's playing currently to some sort of individual condition (whether mod given or self imposed) and don't think he;'s on a scumteam.

So why me over other people? This is an easy vote. I don't believe you actually think this is true, I think this is an easy vote.

Lots of people doing poo poo in this game I don't believe.

I was already suspicious after your comment about jokephase, coupled with this I reckon it's enough basis for a vote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

But you voted me BEFORE that

Erm, no?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

You...didn't vote me....before the post I quoted where you say "this coupled with the other thing is enough to vote you"....which doesn't include a vote...because you already voted me? :confused:

Why did you also ignore my other question just to say this isn't what happened (when it was)?

Yeah but I'd already talked about all this poo poo. It's not like you should be surprised I voted for you after already saying you were being scummy. I'm sorry I didn't realise I was meant to repeat every post I've made so far every time I vote.

Scum's agenda is to look like they're town, that's what I think you were doing. You were trying to throw out an opinion to appear legit but in fact your tone was ~*disingenuous*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sorry, I just watched the new Daredevil and now my mind needs to pick itself up off the floor. Remind me about this stuff tomorrow?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

I'm asking Rarity to actually back up her claims rather than saying "your posting stands for itself."

This isn't what I said at all btw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jimson posted:

So I trimmed eveything except the important part. For as long as I've been playing/lurking mafia games the commonly accepted term has always been Scum/Scummy/ScumSelf. This is a really weird phrasing to use... Possible role slip?

Hahaha. This reads way towny to me, that level of naivety can't be faked.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah I'm def thinking this too. ##vote asiina

It was like a relief to her that she had an alibi in the discussion thread of being tired from the gym so she didn't have to post here.

I don't like either imgay or BK's vote on Asii. Yes, there's some pre-established meta there but the game's barely been going for 24 hours, it's too early to be pushing for lurker lynches. People get busy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

BK went from 'I'm confident Chic is scum based on these 4 posts' to a meta vote on Asiina.

I like this point about BK as well and would be happy to switch to him from Quid

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Rarity comes in all hard and fast with SO OBVIOUSLY SCUM QUIDNOSE and then vanishes. Susp.

I refer you to all the posts I've made in TVIV's Daredevil thread today. This reads like a scramble to weaken my case by using any idea you can think up even when it's bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

I would prefer to kill Little Mac or Hiipfire, who are perpetual lurkers...but if ya'll wanna lynch asiina I won't stop you. I don't really believe in meta reads

Mac and Hiip are in this game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

looking at the front page little mac and hiip aren't even in the loving game. Hiip has 4 posts in this thread

Thank gently caress I'm not losing my mind

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

forming connections with people for no reason is a scum thing. They wanna get town cred when they defend townies and defend their scum buddies. Townies have no reason to defend anyone

I defend people while town all the time. If I'm convinced another player is town then I'm going to try to keep everyone from doing a mislynch. Why would you allow town to drop its own numbers?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

This is a mirror of how I always feel.

Right now we are covered by Kashuno's 5 posts per day modkill thing on the worst offender, which makes me happy, but there are still plenty just above the line like Asiina, Chic and AN.

Sadly, those three are all women and I'm voting for Rarity, another, so now I feel like something is wrong with me.

This post is why we need feminism :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

You finished the whole thing? How was it?

I'll probably watch the first two eps tonight.

Just as good as the first season. Punisher and Elektra are fantastic.

• Locked thread