Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
this sounds fun, sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
So, never played a CYOA before. Can we go back the way we came and back up that hill to see where to go next?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

imgay posted:

remember that kickstarter chris hansen tried to do for more to catch a predators? sucks you have to pay cops to arrest paedophiles

Someone should kickstart the 10 dollar fee for the police to read SA. I've seen my fair share of grooming.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

This post has a lot of words in it.

I think both your numbered questions are already answered by Rarity's vote. Rarity voted you because you were trying too hard, pointing out your engaging with Lumpen's gibberish as nonsense content. A post like this strengthens that argument, you're asking unnecessary questions like "why are you suspicious of me in a Mafia game" and it's not a particularly effective defense.

##vote The Ninth Layer

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

The better question is why hasn't Kordansk been modkilled? :)

I probably should be. I signed up for this without realizing the amount of reading in this game.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Podima posted:

C'mon, don't chump out. :justpost:

I literally hit last post 3 days in a row.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Hey, can we talk about this:
The first, a river. The river was covered with white wave crests crashing against rocks at high speed, and just as wide as it was rapid.
The second, a mountain path. the path lead up a tall mountainside, with sheer cliffs and rocks of varying sizes leisurely falling down the sides.
Another seemed to lead through some sort of marshland. There was no clear pathway, but the flames could surely not follow them through there.
The final option seemed to lead straight into the fire. While the trees and brush burned and collapsed around it, flames only seemed to lick the pathway as far as the group could see.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Kordansk thought it was really important we discuss the choice, but didn't offer an opinion of his own and vanished. Wheeee.

I chose fire btw.

Ah yeah. Sorry, got sleepy. I live in Australia. I was mid post, and then fell asleep. I was going to say any direction with fire seems bad. I was thinking river or swamp.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

kordansk posted:

Ah yeah. Sorry, got sleepy. I live in Australia. I was mid post, and then fell asleep. I was going to say any direction with fire seems bad. I was thinking river or swamp.

In fact I chose swamp.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Okay, remember XCOM when I slammed JakeP and chaoslord at the end. Pretty sure Jimsen is scum unless someone has a clear on him already. I could go into a giant efforty post about all the reasons going through his post history, explaining key points and how he's mylo scaring, contradicting himself, mafiadaddying, and making massive meta reads, but that takes all the fun away from reading his post history. That's my contribution for today. Oh and I am also pretty sure it is sapphire as well.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

If it was day I would vote you for this post. It's throwing shade on an easy target with accusations that aren't backed up by evidence and without looking I don't think a couple of those are true. Please show quotes where he is MYLO scaring and mafia dadding.
He's an easy target?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
This post is literally what caught my eye immediately and gave me pause to re-read his history. This post is demonstrates a few key things. 1. If he is town (which I think is unlikely) he is giving entirely too much information to the scum team. He is speculating on 3p's, speculating on scum/town abilities, and scaring us with MYLO on D3 (I think that is what he is implying). He is also for whatever reason in this post saying a whole lot of words about leaving the claimed (at that point) SK up. Finding the SK is important, but also not dealing with the SK immediately can really hurt town in the long run - yes they kill both scum and town, but they're far more likely to hit a town player, which tends to help scum (plus the entire bit where scum know who the SK is and just NK him later).

Jimson posted:

Okay, so we have 3 dead town alligned players, AnonymousNarcotics, who was our healer Podima, and Chic Trombone who were both Vanilla town. We also have Murmur Twin, who's claim I take seriously because it was unprompted, and they had the flavor and everything down in away that fits the game setting. So thats 4 players who's, at least in my opinion roles we do know.

Then there's BK who has kind of a mystery role. I truly believe they are a 3p, but either they are SK, and we need to make a serious decision about whether or not leaving an SK alive for the sake of possibly getting a scum vote is worth it, or they are some other game role, and we need to deal with that when the time comes.

Then there's me, Who I obviously know isn't scum, and I know including yourself in a list of peoples who's roles we know is kind of a poo poo manouver, the only reason I am including myself is because of this next part. I truly believe Rarity is town, because of a night action that I performed on her, I won't go into specifics but I have good evidence to prove she isn't scum.

There are 18 total players, 2 of which I believe are 3p leaving us with 16.
Then we have 3 dead town players, leaving us with 13.
Then there's me, leaving us with 12 players, and then there's rarity which makes 11.
So that's 5 town, 2 3p, and a mystery number of scum.

If we assume that the spread is 2 3rd parties, 11 Town, and 5 scum then right now, we are left with 8 town, the 2 3rd parties, and 5 scum. So despite us having the majority numbers, Scum has a definite advantage, because if we leave BK alive, and he really is a SK and he does choose to night kill, the moment the next night ends, there will (worse case scenario) be 5 town left, 2 3rd parties, and 5 scum. This of course is assuming were all idiots and vote out a town player. But, if we vote out Bottleknight, theres a chance that he really is a SK, in which case we are have 1 3rd party, 5 scum, and 8 town and of course we'll be dropped to 7 once night performs a night kill.

The big thing I am afraid of, is what if BK isn't SK we vote him but scum has some kind of special role that let's them get a second kill, like ninja or something . So we kill BK, leaving us with 1 3p, 6 town, and 5 scum, if that happens we need to make A REALLY good vote on the next day for lynch or were hosed. So, I think instead of killing what we "know" I say we scumhunt more, and leave BK alive on the off chance he is lying (Like he's done all day) and hopefully find a REALLY good candidate for a lynch kill.

The following posts are mostly chronologically prior to the above post. Example of Mafiadaddy 1.

Jimson posted:

See, these posts come off as SUPER scummy to me because it's like your voting with out actually moving your vote. Either place the vote or don't even bring it up. It's just an easy way to draw attention to your target with out ever moving your vote.

Example of Mafiadaddy 2.

Jimson posted:

See the only problem is that the word Vote has a HUGE weight to it. While saying, hey I think asiina is acting scummy to. Is completely different and carries little weight other than that of your word.

Your right, and in a lot of ways my changing vote could be seen as me flipping sides to avoid heat. The problem is, since I know for sure that I am town, and it's 10 votes to lynch theres no real reason for me to park my vote all day on someone who, if they are the role I and (may be putting to much weight on his words) quidnose believe them to be wouldn't be a huge threat to town on there own.

The only real threat he can pose is if other town are constantly throwing blame his way and ignoring scum players, and it seems the majority of town are parsing, and absorbing his information with out throwing suspicion his way. My initial vote against him was in response to everyone going WTF IS HE POSTING?! HOLY poo poo WHAT ROLE IS HE? If you reread my previous posts you would see that I have always stood on 2 platforms regarding my vote for him. It's annoying to read, and it might passively cause a problem for a town victory.

Handwringing over possibly making the wrong decision.

Jimson posted:

I'm leaving my vote on asiina. poo poo, at this point it would be dumb for someone to settle in, because if they flip town I'm hosed no one will believe me after that, even if I am town. I am willing to accept that risk because I know in my heart of hearts that there scum. Make of that what you will.

Meta read.

Jimson posted:

Which is a good thought process, but like you said before. All you've been doing this game is caseing BottleKnight. When I look back at your post history, the only BIG DEAL moments you contributed to the game were your self-claim, and you're seemingly obsessive vendetta against BK. From what little I know of Mafia, a common scum move is to pick a HUGELY polarized player, and push the agenda against them as much as you physically can so you always have a place to throw your vote that won't go against your already established character.

Other than those 2 moments? All of your posts have been following bandwagons. You lumped a vote on asiina simply because you didn't want day one to end with out a lynch, and you agreed with me on my theory about Lumpen, THE MOMENT everyone started to give him attention again.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Theory: the Man's Club is the scumteam :aaa:

Who's your biggest suspect now? Right now I feel like there's an easy case to be made on Kordansk and his 12 posts (less than Chic, tied with ANarc) so now would be a good time for him to start making some cases.

Other than that right now my gut is saying TMM and BHB for strongest suspects, cases coming shortly.

lynch all lurkers.

The irony of your statement is that you ask me a question about my top read and then make comment about how an easy case can be made without actually making one. I didn't really have time to read this game, so I apologize for bailing on it. I have midsemester exams coming up, and it led me to having to prioritize differently. I thought Jimson was scum, oh well.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I went to go case Lumpen but find constructing anything out of his posts to be really difficult, which in turn makes me wonder if that's a strategy. Are Lumpen Lists still a thing?

Question? You picked a player you wanted to lynch, and then went looking through their post history for evidence? That doesn't seem very towny.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

kordansk posted:

Question? You picked a player you wanted to lynch, and then went looking through their post history for evidence? That doesn't seem very towny.

##vote murmur twin

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote kordansk

Literally an OMGUS.

Naw, it was me voting you because of your post regarding your process for casing people. It doesn't bother me that you voted me, and had no bearing on my vote for you. I see you want to incorporate it into a narrative though. More power to you.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

##VOTE QUIDNOSE

What in the hell is this.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Ah my bad I didn't phrase that as clearly as I should have! I'm not accusing you of OMGUS'ing me, I'm being upfront about the fact that I'm OMGUS'ing you. :) I'm sure just my vote doesn't mean anything and other people will vote as they will, but I feel like it makes sense for me as Survivor to policyvote anyone who votes for me.

A lot of it is out of a desire to have as much fun as possible playing a role that, to my knoweldge, people don't enjoy for some reason.

3P is fun if it's survival, especially if you get to play kingmaker at the end. Backup SK on the other hand, maybe not so good for the rest of us, but still fun for you.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Kordansk is playing very badly compared to the last game I played with him, where he was SK. It does make me more likely to think he's scum.

I just didn't have time to commit to this game. I've been super busy. I am totally town though. You should not vote me. Also I may or may not be an oracle of sorts that gets insider information for the following day and which choice we should choose.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
We should lynch the claimed 3p though. They literally serve no purpose for town at this point. They aren't going to draw a NK, they can vote either way, and he may or may not be something else.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

kordansk posted:

We should lynch the claimed 3p though. They literally serve no purpose for town at this point. They aren't going to draw a NK, they can vote either way, and he may or may not be something else.

he/she

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Especially since it's 4PM in australia and he dropped that bomb and just took off.

I was playing The Division. Challenge mode was Consulate, and it took forever. What was your question again? I'm looking for it.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

got it. one sec - can I quote PMs? The other forum I play on doesn't allow it.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Whatever, I'll paraphrase. The first night I was told there would be 4 options, and only 1 would benefit us. Two would benefit the tainted and the last was an unknown with no information. I was told that we should pool our votes into the best option and I should be wary of a heated debate. It's why I was thinking marshlands or the river for the first option.

On the second day I was told that I needed to convince the group to make the right choice to see blue skies once more.

Key words that I noticed in there - BLUE, POOL, HEATED

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Yeah quoting PMs is a no-no so good call not doing that.

How does your role activate? Paraphrase your role PM for me. What do you need to do to get results?

When the day starts I am just given information from the mod regarding the choices. It's a new message at the start of each day.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

What message did you get for today?

I only received information from D1 and D2 it seems. I didn't even realize I didn't get anything today. There were no option though at the start of the day.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

There were no options at the start of those other days either.

Well it must be at the end of day then that I receive the information. The PM says I should get it at the start, but maybe Kash hasn't gotten around to it yet. When I get said infos, and it's not when I'm asleep and prior to the lynch I will share it to demonstrate I am telling the truth.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

You don't know when you get your PMs? It's day 3.

I haven't gotten one for D3 yet.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Oh apparently since there's no N3, there's no decision to be made. I get no information for tonight.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Alright, time for a few morning thoughts.

I don't really know whats up with that whole KB/Quid fight. I feel like it's probably a D1 town slapfight that happened on D3 instead, but that's mostly gut talking after skimming it between Daredevil episodes last night. If I had to vote for one of them it would be KB because I have a much stronger town read on Quid. However, I don't think either of them should be the vote today.

I agree with TNL that MMT should probably be one of the lynches today because we can't trust her to vote with town at LYLO/MYLO. But it should probably be the second lynch because if we can get scum with the first lynch then MMT becomes less of an issue as long as she actually is a 3P survivor. I really do feel like I should have killed her with my vig just to have solved that issue, but I felt pretty good about Jimson being scum.

I'm not sure what to make of the kordansk claim. It feels a little convenient and I don't know why wasn't he more active in helping with the CYOA choices if that is his role.

Even with as little as I have been posting today, I don't really like the content of imgay or Lumpen. Neither of them seem willing to actually hunt scum and are mostly just posting nonsense. Although it's pretty hilarious nonsense in Lumpens case. I could see either of them being scum and hiding behind the non-content posts.

I do kind of like the JakeP case and I could move that way a bit later. However, I think I'm going to ##vote BHB for this post:

It's just wrong on so many levels. First of all, he starts by saying he didn't call Jimson scum, but still thought he was the best lynch candidate which is I feel is a scummy sidestep. Then he moves on to say that imgay is playing a scum game, but doesn't vote him and instead wishes I had killed him with my vig. It feels a bit weird to me because while it's certainly possible imgay is scum, he certainly wasn't scummier than Jimson by N2 so killing imgay would have just been a shot in the dark.
read my few posts this game. most of them actually address the CYOA parts. it's just been really inconvenient timing for me when the night actually occurs.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

also holy poo poo is kordansk loving scummy for his botched roleclaim

I mean, blaming Kashuno for not giving you information as the day already started?

So, I got my messages both times 9 minutes after the day started. I just never bothered to check the time I received the PM relative to the timestamp on when the day started. It never occurred to me until this game.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

The townies are voting JakeP. I've been saying this all day.

Why are you so sure?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I present the case on TMMadman -

TMMadman posted:

I'll save you the trouble of writing a case on me: I vigged Jimson.

I could only use my vig on even nights. It's why I was saying that it might not be a bad idea to leave BK alive yesterday because I would have killed him at night. If I had been able to use my vig on N1, I would have shot him after he forgot about being deathproof.

Jimson was the leading scum suspect, so I figured it was best to take him out tonight. The soft claim did give me some pause, but in the end it felt more like rolefishing and trying to get the cop to counterclaim since roles like tracker/jailer can't directly clear someone as town until late in the game.
Vigged the softclaimed PR. Also that claim - even night vig. That seems a bit suspect.

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah. My flavor is THE VIGILANTE. I am a fearless adventurer who occasionally seeks justice outside of the law.
Here is the claim.

TMMadman posted:

Nobody, including myself, really seemed to believe his soft claim. If he had full claimed, I probably would have killed MMT just to get rid of the second 3P.
Handwringing over his bad choice.

King Burgundy posted:

Interestingly, seemingly neither of his choices are scum.

But meh. I doubt he'd bother claiming as scum. He just killed the tracker, it isn't like anyone would have seen him do it.

He's just making poor choices.
Too dumb to scum is not a valid defense for town play for vigging a softclaimed PR.

TMMadman posted:

I'm taking a quick break from finishing up season one of Daredevil and after skimming some of the last posts, I just want to clarify that I am just a 1 shot vig, but I could only use it on even nights. I'm guessing Kash just didn't want 3 deaths happening on N1. I used it n N2 because I couldn't be sure I would be alive on N4 and there was a pretty clear target in Jimson.

Although to be honest, I'm kind of wishing I had killed MMT (no offense :) ) just to get rid of the 3P threat.
More handwringing over the Vig. If you want to get rid of the 3p, then vote them off the island now.

TMMadman posted:

It really feels like Jake is flailing right now and while some of his defense seems genuine, a lot of it just seems like someone trying to get the lynch off them by saying anything. For example, this:

Just seems like a post trying to flog people into voting his way.

I'm fine with the JakeP vote at this point, but I'm not going to put him at -1 just yet.
This shows intent to vote Jake, but not enough that he was willing to let jake get lynched. Either your read on him is scum, or it's not. Don't worry about what everyone else will do. If you are sure of your read, then put him at -1. Scumhammering is something that is useful to note.

TMMadman posted:

Alright, I am going to back my two biggest town reads, Quid/TNL here. After rereading stuff, I agree that Jake is going to be the better lynch right now and he's been pretty drat scummy. I still don't know what Lumpen is doing, but Jake really seemed to be flailing earlier and now he's disappeared.

##vote JakeP
Moving on to JakeP now again, when it looks like JakeP is gonna be the target for today. I honestly think he is bussing JakeP based on JakeP's reaction to getting votes is to immediately get mad or fauxmax. If Jake flips scum, it gives TMM a good position, and JakeP is already drawing a ton of attention. It will end up lessening the heat on TMM. Mostly I just don't buy his vig claim. As far as the 2 deaths over night. I am still befuddled on that. I just find the entire set of circumstances sus, especially with his voting pattern on JakeP.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
[b]##vote TMMadman[/]

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

kordansk posted:

##vote TMMadman[/]

[b]##vote TMMadman

Actually, derp, if Jake and him are scum together, I am more than willing to hammer him. Is Jake -1?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
##vote JakeP
Fine. I'm good with this mostly from his interactions with Jake anyway.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

what are your thoughts on lumpen?

I can't even read most of his posts. It literally is making my brain hurt trying to figure out what he is saying. It looks like a dude that I knew on my other forum that literally had a psychotic break and ended up hospitalized for 3 days because he went out on an adventure to find God.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Lumpen's most recent posts look like a way to get in on the JakeP vote, fake town concern for JakeP pretty bad claim, unvote, claim he would vote KB, no content vote Jake again and throw shade on KB. I think KB is town if Lumpen is probably scum. I think JakeP is probably scum, and they know one of them is nailed, so Lumpen is trying to figure out how to get out of today in one piece. I think we gain a TON of information from town flipping Jake, TMM and Lumpen.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Well, here's the thing. As it stands, the votes I don't trust on JakeP are: Lumpen/kordansk, with a slight side eye at Rarity. And the votes I don't trust on Lumpen are: Jake/imgay, with a sideeye at both you and KB. Not to mention that the claimed 3P survivor is on the vote.

Don't trust the vote on the guy that cased you. Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

How is the Lumpen switch to him a bus then if you think both are scum?

You don't think that would look scummy as gently caress if JakeP flipped scum?

JakeP and lumpen are in no way aligned
That is the definition of a bus.

• Locked thread