Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Only going to be able to phone post for a week starting Sunday if the game starts by then, but I'll give this a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

It won't be

:lol:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

This needs attention

Yes, more people should join this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bippity bippity boo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

And now you're resorting to WIFOM. Do not like.

##vote Rarity

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Maybe it's just because I know I'm town, but the idea that confidence is inherently scummy is mindbogglingly bad to me.

Also I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Waiting for my plane. Can't wait to go home.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

idk if I missed it but where did you go?

St George Utah for work.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Hi KB! How are you today?

I'm so very tired. Been a long week. How are you?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Oof. I'd want to go home too.

Were the temps comfy at least?

Yeah. Thankfully this is actually a decent time of year for temps here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

A girl who used to work where I do killed herself today. I only met her once but a bunch of my closest mates have been really torn up about it and our work is like a family so to lose anyone sucks and it's been the third this year. So yeah, it was a rough day.

Holy cow that is awful. Sorry to hear that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

I am super confused and really don't understand what you're getting at Lumpen. I'm trying my hardest to read what you're posting but it just makes no goddamn sense.

Yeah. Lumpen normally makes sense to me. I have no idea what's happening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

you guys seriously need to pay attention more

Please explain it to the rest of us.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

this game will be alot better if we use the first 3 days to kill all the lurkers, just fyi. We'd be left with active posters

Khris Kruel posted:

you guys really need to stop being so adverse to lurker lynches

This is a mirror of how I always feel.

Right now we are covered by Kashuno's 5 posts per day modkill thing on the worst offender, which makes me happy, but there are still plenty just above the line like Asiina, Chic and AN.

Sadly, those three are all women and I'm voting for Rarity, another, so now I feel like something is wrong with me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

Townies have no reason to defend anyone

I disagree with this. I"m always going to point out when you are wrong, regardless of if I think you are wrong about me or if you are wrong about someone else. Wrong is wrong.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Sorry, I just watched the new Daredevil and now my mind needs to pick itself up off the floor. Remind me about this stuff tomorrow?

You finished the whole thing? How was it?

I'll probably watch the first two eps tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

You would be a perfect addition to Club Men

I guess you better sign me up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I don't like either imgay or BK's vote on Asii. Yes, there's some pre-established meta there but the game's barely been going for 24 hours, it's too early to be pushing for lurker lynches. People get busy.

I agree that D1 is probably too early to push meta since she may still be about to unleash the posting(she's currently posting in another game). But I disagree that D1 is a bad time to punish lurkers. I wish this was a thing we did in every game. It would eventually make games much better. Like there was a chance I wouldn't get to post much at all D1 due to my travel, and while it would have sucked to be voted, I would have applauded it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

The problem then is unless we luck out and hit scum, we'd be stuck in exactly the same position on D2 and it would essentially be having two D1s in a row.

And nobody wants that.

I don't disagree that this is a thing, but I'd rather get it out of the way early then have to deal with it near end game all the time. I'm kinda fed up with it.

And if we did it by policy, people would stop signing up for games they weren't going to play in since they'd be punished for it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not saying that I played a great D1 but I'm trying to look for scum. The idea from MT that I codeswitched from confident to polite is interesting, but also... people just change tone normally? I don't have to stay uberconfident the whole game to scumhunt.

I was fine with the confidence. But this post is just super bad. Dunno what is going on here.

##vote BottleKnight

Also willing to do the Asiina lurker thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

This is the largest piece of poo poo garbage in the world, my god. Yes, my case on you was fake because I KNEW you were watching Daredevil and tried to sneak this in.

Everything Rarity is doing this game is incredibly backwards logic in justifying her vote on me and I hate it.

I would jump back on her, but think we are the only ones.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

KB are you around, your analysis seems good here but I don't know why you then shrug and go "yeah a lurker cuddle would be fine." Very weird, juxtaposition I don't get.

Yup, I'm here.

Because I want SA to start cuddling lurkers.

I'm getting less fine with it the more Asiina posts though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Applebee's actually has a p good chicken tender Mac and cheese type thing. I can't have it anymore but I've had it a couple times it was good

I ate at Applebees a few months ago for some school fundraiser thing and had this menu item.

It was so bad I vowed to never eat at Applebees again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FWIW, I've seen a 1x deathproof scum before. But it was in a super role madness thingy if I recall correctly and was pretty unusual.

I think it's more likely he's a survivor then scum now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

That applebee's must suck, I'm not a huge fan of the restaurant but the mac and cheese I had was great.

It did suck really bad. All our meals were bad, service was awful, etc.

But even given that, I'm not sure how they could have made it good. It felt like the flavors were fundamentally in conflict. It didn't gel.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The better question is why hasn't Kordansk been modkilled? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kordansk thought it was really important we discuss the choice, but didn't offer an opinion of his own and vanished. Wheeee.

I chose fire btw.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is a vote on BK.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Can we also look at the subtle way in which Jimson is disengaging himself from taking responsibility for the BK cuddle, just in case something goes weird and we somehow miscuddle town? He's not a PART of the cuddle, BK is just being sent home. I think this is a strong indicator of Jimson's mindset, what an awkward, scummy way to phrase this.

I also use the being sent home terminology, in addition to cuddling and voted out.

You are twisting things badly for your own ends, imho.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

no we get more time because you're dead and there's not two night kills.

Keeping you in the game gives us less time to find scum, evidenced by you killing a townie last night.

You're way more likely to kill townies and be manipulated by scum to kill townies than to actually kill scum

I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Bks image was manlier, what is manlier than eating a raw steak with no silverware? Unfortunately he is claimed SK and is going to be lynched. At the same time Jimson is probably scum. I think both of them sully our rep. My plan would be to decline both of them and enhance our pursuits of Lumpen

DO NOT READ IF NOT CLUB MEN OR YOU ARE CHEATING AND WILL BE MODKILLED

Yeah, this works.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

All caught up and I realise there's a few players who haven't even posted yet so I'm gonna hold off on voting to avoid modkills. Hopefully TM and KB check in soon cause I don't think we're going to get much more discussion out of the day.

Hmmm. Could have sworn I posted during this day phase, but maybe it was mostly during the night. Don't have time to go back and look now, but I'll take your word for it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

As I arrived home to my apartment, I heard the grunts of a large duck in heat. As a parked my car, I could only watch as this large duck pinned down the other duck in what I could only see as a violent duck rape. Real men get consent.

The Club Men Deliberations have Finished!

INTRODUCING CLUB MEN'S NEWEST MEMBER!

Current Roster:

imgay
jakep
King Burgundy
Lumpen

This was debated greatly by our members. Although both jimson and bk have submitted applications, we at club men have decided to condemn their actions and words and offer them our heartfelt rejection. The reason Lumpen was selected was because jakep nominated him.

##vote bk

You didn't wait for my vote. Epic fail.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I might have been wrong, I confess I didn't fact check that one :P

Nope, turns out you were right. Only one post during the actual day.

Not that it matters now since day ended early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barehanded Brother posted:

Back in my day, we'd just policy lynch that. Or if the SK was not also a notorious shitposter, they'd take care of the problem themselves.

Sounds like a good day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

uh guys:

Best Look Unto Each,

yeah I'm feeling sapphire

This seems like a good choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Correct! The deadline is a bit short, but It was either make it a bit short or a bit long. If it's too short for people, I am open to extending.

Short deadlines are better.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My gut says Quidnose is scum.

##vote Quidnose

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barehanded Brother posted:

This, not so much. I remember playing with Quid a lot and this seems much more like his tryhard town game. Anything jump out at you that isn't yesterday's Mexican food?

This was the post where I started to consider him:

Quidnose posted:

Can we also look at the subtle way in which Jimson is disengaging himself from taking responsibility for the BK cuddle, just in case something goes weird and we somehow miscuddle town? He's not a PART of the cuddle, BK is just being sent home. I think this is a strong indicator of Jimson's mindset, what an awkward, scummy way to phrase this.

I've commented on it previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Killing the soft claimed power role is always a great choice.

Is there a sarcasm smiley?

• Locked thread