Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

The only way to get rid of all of them is to nominate Paul Ryan at the convention.

He will leave trails of fingerbone as he's dragged onto the dais

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
These dumb "so goes" factoids will never die. There's always another one when one fails.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Trump pulling his weight in Hawaii

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Maui for best Hawaiian island.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I think owning a bunch of properties in the state may have something to do with it.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Trump pulling his weight in Hawaii

impressive after the christie endorsement

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Rubio still at 12% with a quarter of the precincts reporting. Could Rick Santorum's help really have made so little difference?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
OK, Rubio needs to drop out right now. Wake Marco up and tell him it's over.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

fosborb posted:

So... GWBush and Obama?

Dubya, McCain, Kerry, Gore, Romney, Obama.

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

Comrade Putin shall defend Eastern Europe's sovereignty from the Western Homo Nazis! It's the fault of Ukrainians and Westerners that they keep getting in the way of our beatings and missiles!
Does Hawaii have a cut-off? ie. Rubio getting nothing?

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

Comrade Putin shall defend Eastern Europe's sovereignty from the Western Homo Nazis! It's the fault of Ukrainians and Westerners that they keep getting in the way of our beatings and missiles!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Dubya, McCain, Kerry, Gore, Romney, Obama.

Gore technically in the 20th century as there was no year zero
/pedant

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

archaeo posted:

Does Hawaii have a cut-off? ie. Rubio getting nothing?

I don't think it does someone asked earlier.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

The only way to get rid of all of them is to nominate Paul Ryan at the convention.

If that's what it takes.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Was this posted yet? I love this tweet:

https://twitter.com/21damone/status/707408315580604416

Where's Gilmore? Does he still survive? :ohdear:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

archaeo posted:

Gore technically in the 20th century as there was no year zero
/pedant

:stare:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really want to see Rubio lose in Florida his home state and continue to limp along to the convention while he and Cruz siphon votes off each other like some sort of hate gently caress.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Patter Song posted:

One of the knock-on benefits of this is that Hillary Clinton now owes the African-American community, especially poor Southern African-Americans, a colossal debt. They've single-handedly bailed her Presidential campaign out. Politicians know which side their bread is buttered on and HRC is well aware of that constituency's needs and priorities.

lol!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it went from 1 before christ to 1 anno domini. no zero. one year before christ to first year of our lord. calendar is dumb

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone been to Ken's House of Pancakes in Hilo?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I like the idea that there was a zero year.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^^^^well too bad cause there wasnt!!!! you can make your own calendar tho nobody will stop you

but i guess it's like 'in the first year of king jesus' reign there was famine across the land' or whatever, you don't go like 'in the zeroth year of king solomon king solomon became king'

i went to some place with something about ono grinds, their web site has that phrase but i guess that just means like 'good food' or something so maybe it wasnt there
http://www.kenshouseofpancakes.com/Menu.html

i remember i asked for vienna sausages cause i was confusing them with something good and they brought em and i was disgusted and didnt eat more than like two

it really might have been that place

i was probably like 17 im pretty oblivious

my memory is clearer on verna's. it was one of those places that's objectively disgusting but the food tastes incredibly good. it was all that spam and mayo and macaroni and cheese and sushi hawaiian syncretic cuisine poo poo

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Mar 9, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

it went from 1 before christ to 1 anno domini. no zero. one year before christ to first year of our lord. calendar is dumb

:stare:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

These numbers from Mississipi for Clinton are loving hilarious.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

less than 2000 votes with 15 of 45 precincts reporting is pretty funny

turns out hawaiians dont give a gently caress about the republican primary! good for them

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The year before trump to the first year of trump, there is no trump year zero. Amen.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

oystertoadfish posted:

less than 2000 votes with 15 of 45 precincts reporting is pretty funny

turns out hawaiians dont give a gently caress about the republican primary! good for them

I imagine it's a lot like Alaska, with the less-populous precincts only having a tiny number of people.

Maybe one of them will vote for Carson as well. :allears:

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Trump takes Hawaii? :jerry: I don't think anyone saw that coming.

If the current results follow the current trend then I'm right for 3/4 predictions. I thought Cruz would win ID in a landslide which looking at %s it seems that way but Trump still takes home 10 delegates as opposed to Cruz's 14 so not really. Was accurate w/r/t MI and MS being more narrow.

funny way to spell has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Mar 9, 2016

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Patter Song posted:

OK, Rubio needs to drop out right now. Wake Marco up and tell him it's over.

Get him some 5htp and some bottled water :ohdear:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Republicans posted:

I imagine it's a lot like Alaska, with the less-populous precincts only having a tiny number of people.

Maybe one of them will vote for Carson as well. :allears:

According to http://interactives.ap.org/2016/primary-election-results/?STATE=HI&date=0308&SITEID=HIGOPELN 29 people have voted for carson and 6 for jeb.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Trump has a 13% lead over Cruz, Rubio currently gets 13% of the vote. Shameful Marco.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Will Ted Cruz be given Chang?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
When i think of rightwing populism, i think... Hawaii?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

y'all're right, and i said it too at some point so im right too! so far we have the littlest precincts. cruz has made a bit of a comeback, maybe when the precinct with that byu campus reports in he vaults to victory

or maybe people who live in honolulu and environs have opinions

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
is hawaii a typically politically apathetic place?

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

It is absolutely astounding how quickly Little Marco cratered absolutely everywhere. If we get a new Florida poll this week, he might even be under Cruz

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm pretty sure Trump's campaign goals of murdering the indigent endears him to Hawaii Republicans considering the terrible homeless crisis there.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

crazy cloud posted:

Get him some 5htp and some bottled water :ohdear:

lol subtle mdma joke i like

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i remember reading about an elected official in hawaii who would like go run after homeless people and knock over their shopping carts and then proudly tell everyone how he was helping make hawaii a better place by bullying the homeless

aside from reading about tulsi gabbard's dad being anti-choice and anti-gay that's about all i've ever read about hawaiian elected officials

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Decision Desk just called Hawaii for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Montasque posted:

Decision Desk just called Hawaii for Trump.

don't talk to me about decision desk

• Locked thread