Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mannerup posted:

yes, one from Hawaii

I don't seee that? CNN and NYT both have Rubio with 0 delegates from tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I don't seee that? CNN and NYT both have Rubio with 0 delegates from tonight

I saw the delegate division here ( http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/HI-R ) but Joe just posted this in the GOP thread which has Rubio at 2 delegates so I don't know

Joementum posted:

HAWAII

• Trump: 10
  • Cruz: 7
  • Rubio: 2

TUESDAY TOTALS

• Trump: 71
  • Cruz: 56
  • Kasich: 17
  • Rubio: 2

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lil Marco's pity delegates

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

funny way to spell posted:

Trump takes Hawaii? :jerry: I don't think anyone saw that coming.

If the current results follow the current trend then I'm right for 3/4 predictions. I thought Cruz would win ID in a landslide which looking at %s it seems that way but Trump still takes home 10 delegates as opposed to Cruz's 14 so not really. Was accurate w/r/t MI and MS being more narrow.

MI/MS wasn't narrow though, narrowing would have been single digit victories instead of outperforming polling in both states and having both states called almost instantly.

e: I guess it was about what the polls were saying, still I don't think that's narrowing by any definition- people were talking about surges for kasiach or cruz that never materialized and LOL about lil marco

TROIKA CURES GREEK has issued a correction as of 15:25 on Mar 9, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Is this a legal ballot in the US? Here, making any marks outside the candidate's box spoils the ballot. I'd laugh if that guy unintentionally spoiled his ballot.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Everything is legal at a caucus.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The next 4 primaries will be crucial for the outcome of the election.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Trump does well in areas where whites feel like their identity is under attack; Hillary does poorly amongst whites in these areas, as they are crossing over to Trump.

In places which are firmly white, like Idaho, Trump does poorly.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

My Imaginary GF posted:

Trump does well in areas where whites feel like their identity is under attack; Hillary does poorly amongst whites in these areas, as they are crossing over to Trump.

In places which are firmly white, like Idaho, Trump does poorly.

Counterpoint: New Hampshire.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Firmly white.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Firmly, throbbingly, tumescently White.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Constant Hamprince posted:

Firmly, throbbingly, tumescently White.

So white that it'd make David Duke blush.

Unlike Idaho, NH happens to be mostly secular.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

it'd be pretty gross if the most diverse state in the country, with a ton of 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants (dating back to the plantation era) voted for trump, even in the dumb republican primary. doubt it happens tho

Trump is a third-generation immigrant. :ssh:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

hot take brah

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

According to the Green Papers Rubio may win 1 delegate tonight in Hawaii!

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/HI-R

A Sub-par Tuesday indeed. Well played Marco.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Prediction: all the remaining primaries will have some effect on the delegates each candidate owns.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jewel Repetition posted:

Prediction: all the remaining primaries will have some effect on the delegates each candidate owns.

The obvious exception being Rubio.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Prediction for Tuesday:

Florida: Trump
Illinois: Trump
Ohio: Kaiesh with second place to trump
NC: Trump
Those random islands: Rubio

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Don't forget Missouri, which hasn't been polled in seven months.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Slate Action posted:

Don't forget Missouri, which hasn't been polled in seven months.

Oh right, that's most likely going trump after seeing MS near WTA situation

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I just want to point out that in Hawaii, 13k people were responsible for deciding 19 delegates

In Michigan, 1.3M people proportioned out 59 delegates.

By that math, each Hawaiian is worth 31 Michiganders

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Missouri will go Trump, also if you correlate the southern poverty law centers racist assholes map you get a good idea where Trump wins huge

When I get home I'll have to post it

Hollismason has issued a correction as of 21:18 on Mar 9, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

I just want to point out that in Hawaii, 13k people were responsible for deciding 19 delegates

Cost of living difference checks out.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

My Imaginary GF posted:

thanks tom

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Stereotype posted:

IIRC it's because Republican delegates are based on congressional population, so if most of the people who live there are democrats, republicans have a lot more individual power, it's the same thing in the bay area

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Hollismason posted:

Missouri will go Trump, also if you correlate the southern poverty law centers racist assholes map you get a good idea where Trump wins huge

When I get home I'll have to post it

Isn't that just a map of the US though?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Accurate.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Stereotype posted:

To be fair, there are a shitload of homeless people here and his district has been turned into a literal de-facto refugee camp for every homeless person on the island. Can't let the tourists see the sad buggers of course.
I don't see how "to be fair - there are a lot of homeless people" really explains sledgehammering shopping carts.

Stereotype posted:

Yeah, Laura Lingle was elected mainly because Uncle Ben Cayetano was pretty crooked and fostered government incompetence apparently (also he refused to raise the age of consent to 16 from 14 lol).
So wait, controlled by Democrats, low age of consent, and I presume liberal cousin marriage laws? Is Hawaii basically just the American deep south but on a bunch of small islands? Is that why Trump does so well there?

Uncle Wemus posted:

also native hawaiians really don't like white people
Can't imagine why.

XboxPants posted:

Somehow my brain slots this guy right in there with folks like Killdozer and Emperor Norton as being what an actual real life superhero looks like. (i.e., basically just mentally ill)

Using real-life fuckheads would make the great basis for Mystery Men-esque superteam movie, though.
During the 1860s and 1870s, there were occasional anti-Chinese demonstrations in the poorer districts of San Francisco. Riots, sometimes resulting in fatalities, took place. During one incident, Norton allegedly positioned himself between the rioters and their Chinese targets; with a bowed head, he started reciting the Lord's Prayer repeatedly until the rioters dispersed without incident.[35]

I mean Norton was crazy but has at least one credit to being an actual real life hero. This other guy bashes the shopping carts of homeless people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Cardboard Box A posted:

During the 1860s and 1870s, there were occasional anti-Chinese demonstrations in the poorer districts of San Francisco. Riots, sometimes resulting in fatalities, took place. During one incident, Norton allegedly positioned himself between the rioters and their Chinese targets; with a bowed head, he started reciting the Lord's Prayer repeatedly until the rioters dispersed without incident.[35]

I mean Norton was crazy but has at least one credit to being an actual real life hero. This other guy bashes the shopping carts of homeless people.

Right, he commits acts of violence against the poor and mentally ill and believes himself a hero for it. He's basically Batman.

• Locked thread