Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I mean, it's got a lot of different things going for it, like the Lancia Stratos faithfully recreated, and you can send it bursting through Sweet Lamb.

here's me getting a p. decent time in the audi quaddro sport:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81asIARaZrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there's a Yospos Guy who plays this game. he's from new zealand and he's in an open marriage. i'll send him this way.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It looks awesome op.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it's a real beauty of a game

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
i'm waiting for it to go on sale, OP, as i do not want to pay the full price of 66 canadian dollars

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No OP

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Think they'll have dirt bikes or motocross?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

occasionally. its a good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I could get into a racing game because they always look cool

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You could do better if you picked a car that could actually turn. The Quattro was not capable of doing that iirc.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i definitely will when its out for ps4. in april, i think

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i played this beaut back in the day so I'm willing to give this a go for nostalgias sake

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I have heard this is good and I loved the rallisport games but the first dirt was bad and left me hesitant to try this.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I have heard this is good and I loved the rallisport games but the first dirt was bad and left me hesitant to try this.

i never played those but this is a sim, so it aims for realism. and a rally sim hasnt really been done before, i think your best option for that except for dirt rally is richard burns rally which is like 15 years old.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GameCube posted:

there's a Yospos Guy who plays this game. he's from new zealand and he's in an open marriage. i'll send him this way.

knuc will find the thread eventually

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

i never played those but this is a sim, so it aims for realism. and a rally sim hasnt really been done before, i think your best option for that except for dirt rally is richard burns rally which is like 15 years old.

rallisport did not nearly meet richard burns level of realism but it was a fairly realistic racing game for a console exclusive at that time. the handling felt really good and the physics seemed natural.

I would probably really enjoy a rally sim so I think I will check this out on a sale. group b cars ftw.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how many other ppl in this forum play racing sims ? i thought it was just me and hole pisser.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

how many other ppl in this forum play racing sims ? i thought it was just me and hole pisser.

I like those car pee gees or whatever like gran turismo and forza. if there was one of those on the ps4 I'd be all over that. but are you talking about like the super realistic stuff?

Subwooper
Dec 25, 2006

Phasers armed and ready.
:wooper:
at least they finally strayed away from the preset poo poo in the dirt franchise. i love tuning my little zoomers

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I love tuning My little zoomers

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

every year on my dads birthday I buy him a new car racing sim. he has a steering wheel and he turns up the speakers real loud and drives around, on the computer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube's dad Nintendo 64.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

GameCube's dad Nintendo 64.

my dad was super scared of the ghost house in super mario 64.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Like iRacing? I don't have a good PC so the only "sim" I play is Gran Turismo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gp Legends back in the day was also good. Also this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uox8Jic6UHg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

did that gps track maker ever get released for gt6. i want to drive in Pittsburgh.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GameCube posted:

did that gps track maker ever get released for gt6. i want to drive in Pittsburgh.

yeah. but its an ipad app. but u can import them into the game. i havent tried it though but i have ridden on some

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah. but its an ipad app. but u can import them into the game. i havent tried it though but i have ridden on some

ipad... god dammit.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

god dammit. somebody posted a "WIP not released" for an rfactor version of the track i want, three years ago, and has not updated it. gently caress. https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Schenley%20Park%20PVGP

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I like those car pee gees or whatever like gran turismo and forza. if there was one of those on the ps4 I'd be all over that. but are you talking about like the super realistic stuff?

TBH what i really mean is anything that isn t like mario kart or CTR etcetera. no1 ever talks about racing games here, except for this thread i mean.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i like arcade racers like need for speed, driver, burnout and flatout. sim stuff seems cool but it just doesnt like its worth playing without a wheel and gearbox

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have a 46 year old friend who used to be an amateur rally driver and now he plays racing sims while sitting in an expensive racing wheel setup that has a clutch and everything

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i have a 46 year old friend who used to be an amateur rally driver and now he plays racing sims while sitting in an expensive racing wheel setup that has a clutch and everything

i want that real bad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

tht sounds loving sick

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

my dad was super scared of the ghost house in super mario 64.

my dad's arch nemesis was the penguin in the slide race

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
This game is great, but I'm a biased since i enjoy rwlly racing in the real :D

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008

Fungah! posted:

tht sounds loving sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I had a sick wheel set up id probably play the Truck Simulator games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[gets into my friends racing chair with 5.1 speaker setup, designed to accurately replicate the sounds of being in a car, with a racing wheel with an accurate 1:1 turning ratio and force feedback, 6 speed gear box with functional clutch] im gonig to drive a truck and listen to net radio

• Locked thread