Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm especially a fan of legend of zelda-like games where you have to use all the items you've gotten over the course of the game to beat all the bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like the recent boss rush modes in the megaman remasters a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MGS3 euro extreme boss rush is some win

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish there was a good full boss rush in revengeance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shovel knight one is cool because after you beat all the bosses again they become your friend

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Shovel knight one is cool because after you beat all the bosses again they become your friend

shovel knight's was excellent and gets bonus points for randomizing the order, something more boss rushes should do

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did someone say Ross Brushes? lmfao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
a boss rush mode or feature is the one thing missing from fromsoft games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chrono Trigger had a cool one at the beginning of the Lavos fight. It did a great job showing you how powerful you'd become and building up the tension for Lavos.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish there was a good full boss rush in revengeance
the PC version has one . I love boss rushes

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the PC version has one . I love boss rushes

being able to pick each chapter isn't the same as having every boss thrown at you one after another

i liked backup monsoon and backup mistral fighting like they were in their last phases in the mini-rush though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

being able to pick each chapter isn't the same as having every boss thrown at you one after another

i liked backup monsoon and backup mistral fighting like they were in their last phases in the mini-rush though
True. I’m just glad it’s better than Bayonetta where you have to play through like three hours of Space Harrier every time you want to fight the really good Jeanne battle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

True. I’m just glad it’s better than Bayonetta where you have to play through like three hours of Space Harrier every time you want to fight the really good Jeanne battle

it's like 5 minutes but they really should have been separate chapters.

I don't think bayo 2 does that until the final boss but fortunately you can just fight him in tag climax mode.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I remember the Elite Four in Pokemon Platinum being hard as gently caress, even with my own OP Garchomp. Boss rushes are cool.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

C-Euro posted:

I remember the Elite Four in Pokemon Platinum being hard as gently caress, even with my own OP Garchomp. Boss rushes are cool.

elite 4 is more like a gauntlet but i agree. having defender and watcher, then nashandra followed by aldia in ds2 freaking owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but the ds2 one is lame because if you die you dont have to do all of them at once

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

A Bloodborne boss rush is what I imagine gamer heaven is like.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rhycool posted:

Gaming's ambrosia if you will

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
boss rushes are like the dark souls of fighting bosses

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mega Man Xtreme 2 had a good boss rush mode. Thinking about it makes me wish the NES and SNES games had a boss rush mode on the starting menu.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lol. thread redeemed.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

C-Euro posted:

that's not at all what a Boss Rush is........

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Rhycool posted:

The vikings had this poo poo figured out years ago. Substitute mead and roast boar for pizza and mountain dew and we are talking literally the same afterlife. And I am sure Vikings would be down with pizza and some code red.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lonos Oboe posted:

The vikings had this poo poo figured out years ago. Substitute mead and roast boar for pizza and mountain dew and we are talking literally the same afterlife. And I am sure Vikings would be down with pizza and some code red.

christ

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lonos Oboe posted:

shut up please. and gently caress off as well okay.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dont read that guys post history. its somehow worse than that post

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lonos Oboe posted:

Please do not make posts like this in my threads thank you.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

That post is hilarious, sigh imp zone groupthink strikes again :sigh:

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

rediscover posted:

boss rushes are like the dark souls of fighting bosses

What if Dark Souls made a game about Dark Souls
Called the Dark Souls of Dark Souls
Man, that be SO Dark Souls!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

beecock

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

yea

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Mead is delicious.

• Locked thread