Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Positive Optimyst
Oct 25, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DracoArgentum posted:

I'm looking into going to Peru this summer but having some issues deciding what exactly to see. Machu Picchu is obviously a definite, but the rest I'm not sure about. I will only have about 10-12 days so time is also an issue. From the research I've done it seems lake Titicaca is pretty out of the way and not worth more than a day, but it's easily paired with Colca canyon and the Nazca lines. So that is theoretically one option, the other would be the Amazon. So my main question is, are titicaca/colca/nazca/the Amazon worth the trip to the point it's worth it to cut out the others. I've been looking at tours as well as peruhop bus matched with hostels but I need to narrow down my choices first. I like culture and ancient history, but my main goal is food to be honest. If I had to choose between visiting the Amazon and eating a capybara I would choose the latter. So, with that in mind...

I went to Peru 2 1/2 years ago.

You have limited time so I cannot recommend what to specifically do or where to go.

But I was very happy with my experiences in Peru.

The bus transpo is superb: top-end buses with good seats, security, affordable, and they have night buses where you can sleep in large reclining chairs. I actually fell asleep on a Peruvian night bus.

My point is that you may be tempted to fly b/c of time, but a night bus ride can be worth doing depending on how far the places you choose to visit are apart.

I went to lake Titicaca. Interesting landscape, but in the end, it's a lake.

Enjoy your trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread