Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I thought this might be a fun idea for a thread. We've got one for products you love, so why not products you hate? Post about stuff that you'd never recommend to anybody here.

It burns like hell, and it tastes like it looks. As far as I can tell the only reason anybody uses this stuff is because of stockholm syndrome.

You bite into them expecting a familiar tart crunch, and you're left with a disappointing, cloyingly sweet savory taste. Regular dill pickles are so good, why anybody would want to make them sweet is beyond me.

Adobe Flash. Really, what more needs to be said.

Expensive placebos? Sign me the hell up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Why the hell anyone would drink this crap willingly is beyond me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Can products that we haven't used personally, but are really loving stupid, go here? Because I saw this gem in 7-11 the other day:

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

queserasera posted:

Why the hell anyone would drink this crap willingly is beyond me.

2nd post, something I like.

Something I don't like: "training masks." Every now and then I see some guy in the gym wearing one, looking like Bane. Not only do they not work as intended (presumably mimicking high altitude, which they obviously can't) but apparently they can seriously increase the risk of stroke.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Crow Jane posted:

Can products that we haven't used personally, but are really loving stupid, go here? Because I saw this gem in 7-11 the other day:

What the gently caress am I looking at here?

Content:

Diet Coke. poo poo tastes like rear end, and fat people think it is okay to drink a two liter a day cause it has the "diet" in its name.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This stuff is about half the price of the next cheapest vodka, and there's a reason for that. It tastes like it's made of the ink from a permanent marker, and the flavour is strong enough that it's basically impossible to cover up. Essentially undrinkable.

Wanamingo posted:

You bite into them expecting a familiar tart crunch, and you're left with a disappointing, cloyingly sweet savory taste. Regular dill pickles are so good, why anybody would want to make them sweet is beyond me.
The opposite of this. Dill pickles are disgusting, sweet spiced gherkins are delicious.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

1redflag posted:

What the gently caress am I looking at here?

Content:

Diet Coke. poo poo tastes like rear end, and fat people think it is okay to drink a two liter a day cause it has the "diet" in its name.

Well its not going to make them any fatter...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Crow Jane posted:

Sure, go crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFeVlw2Ywg

http://i.imgur.com/Pln6Wh6.webm
http://i.imgur.com/RVf7GYn.webm

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

My boss brought in a box of these today, and for some reason it's gritty? It's exactly like normal Purell except it feels like there's pumice or something in there. It's terrible, I complained and she said I was the third person to say something about it.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Wanamingo posted:

My boss brought in a box of these today, and for some reason it's gritty? It's exactly like normal Purell except it feels like there's pumice or something in there. It's terrible, I complained and she said I was the third person to say something about it.

I hate hand sanitizer in general because it makes my fingers break out in godawful rashes. Didn't help that my mom always used to coerce me into using that poo poo.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I picked up a tube of this figuring it would be mint flavored, but it's not. It's baking soda flavored. What the hell?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Wanamingo posted:

I picked up a tube of this figuring it would be mint flavored, but it's not. It's baking soda flavored. What the hell?

Take that scrub-tier goop back and get you some Sensodyne Extra Whitening. Fresh minty taste, powerful whitening, and no sulfates :dance:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Take that scrub-tier goop back and get you some Sensodyne Extra Whitening. Fresh minty taste, powerful whitening, and no sulfates :dance:

Ew, spearmint. I always by Colgate because it tastes like toothpaste. I think toothpaste is probably the product with the highest possible level of brand loyalty, because whenever you use someone else's toothpaste your teeth just don't feel clean because it tastes wrong.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I used some of this on my legs and it felt like I'd superglued my pores shut. It took me two showers before that feeling went away too. Ick.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Tiggum posted:

This stuff is about half the price of the next cheapest vodka, and there's a reason for that. It tastes like it's made of the ink from a permanent marker, and the flavour is strong enough that it's basically impossible to cover up. Essentially undrinkable.

That stuff was my go-to booze when I was a teenager. I would drink maybe a quarter of the bottle straight then top it up with red cordial syrup so I could drink the rest of the bottle :barf:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Speaking of pickles, gently caress these. They aren't a slight bit hot, just incredibly sweet. It's like biting into pickle-flavored cotton candy. My mom didn't like them and she eats anything.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I know I'm not supposed to want the Rollie. But I kind of do.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Whole house water softeners.

Great for drinking and washing clothes and dishes, dis-loving-gusting for showering in. I mean holy poo poo, you're clean, but you feel so slimy like you've still got soap/body wash/shampoo/conditioner all over yourself, and no matter how much you rinse yourself off, you still get out feeling like the recipient of a mass bukkake session.

I'd rather bathe in hard water and come out feeling non-slimy, yet clean and put a little lotion on afterward as I get dressed than to have to bathe in softened water.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Actually Sensodyne Repair & Protect is the loving shiz if you can find it. The Novamin poo poo they put in it is insane new medical technology science stuff that's supposedly going to change the dental game for hardcore real:

NovaMin is the brand name of a particulate bioactive glass that is used in dental care products for remineralisation of teeth. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NovaMin )

It literally repairs holes in your teeth.

Attn Sensodyne: msg me for address where to send the shill checks

dumb. has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Mar 19, 2016

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

dumb. posted:

Actually Sensodyne Repair & Protect is the loving shiz if you can find it. The Novamin poo poo they put in it is insane new medical technology science stuff that's supposedly going to change the dental game for hardcore real:

NovaMin is the brand name of a particulate bioactive glass that is used in dental care products for remineralisation of teeth. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NovaMin )

You can order it on Amazon from a Canadian seller to make sure you're getting the stuff with Novamin.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Holy poo poo are you me from last week?

My wife started using some prescription toothpaste so I had to get my own. Picked up a tube of this thinking "hey A&H make good stuff" and yeah...tastes like loving poo poo. It tastes like what a dentist office smells like. It's gonna be a gross couple weeks until I finish this tube. I'd throw it away and get another but :effort:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

dumb. posted:

I just bought this and it really does give your teeth this almost spooky smooth feel right after you brush, didn't actually know why just had a friend recommend it.

For content the worst toothpaste on the face of the earth is made by Colgate and it's loving bubblegum flavor. One of the nastiest things I've ever put in my mouth.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I just bought this and it really does give your teeth this almost spooky smooth feel right after you brush, didn't actually know why just had a friend recommend it.

For content the worst toothpaste on the face of the earth is made by Colgate and it's loving bubblegum flavor. One of the nastiest things I've ever put in my mouth.

I had to use my son's spongebob bubblegum toothpaste after he decorated the bathroom with the real stuff and it's vile. I wish I could find more brands of cinnamon\orange\ not-mint toothpaste though.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

TheDon01 posted:

Holy poo poo are you me from last week?

My wife started using some prescription toothpaste so I had to get my own. Picked up a tube of this thinking "hey A&H make good stuff" and yeah...tastes like loving poo poo. It tastes like what a dentist office smells like. It's gonna be a gross couple weeks until I finish this tube. I'd throw it away and get another but :effort:

I use this poo poo cause I abhor mint and cinammon flavorings. The weird baking soda flavor is great :cool:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Humboldt Squid posted:

I had to use my son's spongebob bubblegum toothpaste after he decorated the bathroom with the real stuff and it's vile. I wish I could find more brands of cinnamon\orange\ not-mint toothpaste though.

Realtalk the only place bubblegum toothpaste belongs is Guantanamo as a replacement for waterboarding

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
thinkgeek.com

(The items there.)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've been using some tom's brand strawberry toothpaste for kids my entire life because every other toothpaste I've used has made me want to gag. I mean that stuff tastes awful too but I'm probably used to it after shoving it into my mouth for so many years.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Pick posted:

thinkgeek.com

(The items there.)

There's a thinkgeek store at a mall near me. It was actually worse than the website.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I hate Keurig coffee machines. I hate that they make fake coffee, the cost, the k-cup waste, the insult that they tried to put DRM on /loving coffee/, but most of all I hate that everyone seems to love them.

Wanamingo posted:

Hand sanitizer isn't supposed to be gritty. It could be a defect. Tell your boss to call the manufacturer and complain.

Ema Nymton has a new favorite as of 11:41 on Mar 19, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pick posted:

thinkgeek.com

(The items there.)

Loot crate. I can only feel sorry for the sort of person I imagine would want this service. Got no friends? Like absolutely anything so long as it's "nerdy"? Want to feel like someone cares enough about you to buy you a gift, but not enough to bother finding out what specific stuff you're into? Then you're the target market for loot crate! Fill your living space with worthless garbage that will gradually fill every available space until you either learn to interact with other humans or die.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Loot crate. I can only feel sorry for the sort of person I imagine would want this service. Got no friends? Like absolutely anything so long as it's "nerdy"? Want to feel like someone cares enough about you to buy you a gift, but not enough to bother finding out what specific stuff you're into? Then you're the target market for loot crate! Fill your living space with worthless garbage that will gradually fill every available space until you either learn to interact with other humans or die.

They make one for your dog, too

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Least that makes more sense because my dog doesn't care what it is as long as he gets to chomp it into pieces.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

I am so overcome with pity I might actually die.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Wanamingo posted:

There are subscription services for all kinds of poo poo now, from ebooks to snacks to makeup. Why would I want to spend 15-30 a month on a box of random crap I might be interested in when I could pay the same amount for something I'll actually like and use?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Wanamingo posted:

I briefly signed up for that one since my dog is a toy destroyer and I was buying new ones monthly anyway. I had to cancel fairly soon after because it's one lovely toy that lasts like an hour, tops, before filling your house with stuffing and 5 bags of garbage treats. I ended up throwing away 3/4 of the box's contents every month, they even included "treats" once that had ingredients that are actively toxic to dogs.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

queserasera posted:

There are subscription services for all kinds of poo poo now, from ebooks to snacks to makeup. Why would I want to spend 15-30 a month on a box of random crap I might be interested in when I could pay the same amount for something I'll actually like and use?

Getting things at random can be fun now and then. Like Kinder Eggs!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

queserasera posted:

I like the idea of the world snacks one because you basically get to try a boatload of stuff you never would have eaten before. The only good thing about loot crate is that Ashens does a review of every single one and he's always disappointed.

Eien Ni Hen
Jul 23, 2013

Ema Nymton posted:

I hate Keurig coffee machines. I hate that they make fake coffee, the cost, the k-cup waste, the insult that they tried to put DRM on /loving coffee/, but most of all I hate that everyone seems to love them.

Seconding this one. My in-laws have a Keurig they paid way too much for, and it makes average tea/coffee at best. I don't understand why people want such an expensive, wasteful machine when a Mr. Coffee is cheaper and easier to use.

Edit: While I'm on the subject of coffee, I hate bottled/canned coffee drinks (with the exception of cold brew) because they usually have a ton of sugar in them. I want actual iced coffee, not a caffeinated milkshake.

Eien Ni Hen has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Mar 19, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

queserasera posted:

You're less paying for the stuff and more paying for the surprise. It doesn't even come on a specific day; on a semi-random day you get a box full of stuff. It's like having a mini Christmas once a month. It's the anticipation they're selling not the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://bad-dragon.com/products/mary

Highly disapointing. The one that's obviously based off of Fluttershy does NOT have the look and feel of what I have always imagined the innocent cartoon pony's vagina would be like. Do they think we're amateurs? I live and breath magical pony gash. Don't try and hoist your cynical "reproductions" on me, I have lived too long a life of small horse cooze to have the wool pulled over my eyes so easily

• Locked thread