Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i did do it properly, hashhashvote dudesname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
no votefinder image in the op, a shameful op

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lol if you think I'm letting you off that easily

TIME EXTENSION

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
DID BIRDSTRIKE STEALTH EXTEND THE DEADLINE THAT FUCKER.

preview edit: oh.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

busb (2): Kashuno, SirSamVimes, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Kashuno
PBS Newshour (2): TMMadman, MysticalMachineGun
zzyzx (1): iajanus
SirSamVimes (1): busb
Rurea (1): tithin
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): Kashuno
iajanus (1): zzyzx
Kashuno (1): TMMadman, zzyzx, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, zzyzx, TMMadman
Opopanax (1): Revolver Anidav
Revolver Anidav (0): tithin, tithin

Not Voting (2): PBS Newshour, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 13th, 2016 at 4 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 6 minutes.

Phrasing!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

He makes multiple attempts even jokingly to restate he's town and offers no real content. It's fake he's scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm going to lunch with the fam and didn't have time for admin stuff

also ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also also what are you people, hourly?

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I am Anidav 5.0 at this point. My vote is a good vote.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That's helpful for me since I'm driving back from Ipswich ATM

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

votefinder posted:

The current deadline is March 13th, 2016 at 4 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 6 minutes.

Phrasing!

March 13 is tomorrow.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote PBS Newshour

:siren: THIRD VOTE IS ALWAYS TOWN :siren:

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Also the iajanus vote was a real one, that post pinged me pretty hard and the subsequent posts aren't much better. I'm probably going to stick with that one.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

zzyzx posted:

March 13 is tomorrow.

not for most people here!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##vote PBS Newshour

:siren: THIRD VOTE IS ALWAYS TOWN :siren:

can you give an actual opinion on something

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

zzyzx posted:

Also the iajanus vote was a real one, that post pinged me pretty hard and the subsequent posts aren't much better. I'm probably going to stick with that one.

I've reread my post that apparently pinged you and I still have no idea what you're talking about. All I said was that in lieu of any better choice I was ok with lynching a lurker, but I wanted to use all our allowed time to make sure we don't miss a real opportunity to knock off a scum. If you could expand upon your theory I'd be intrigued. If not, I'm starting to wonder if there's an ulterior motive to your attachment to me...

Was it using words like "whilst" and "averse"?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iajanus posted:

I've reread my post that apparently pinged you and I still have no idea what you're talking about. All I said was that in lieu of any better choice I was ok with lynching a lurker, but I wanted to use all our allowed time to make sure we don't miss a real opportunity to knock off a scum. If you could expand upon your theory I'd be intrigued. If not, I'm starting to wonder if there's an ulterior motive to your attachment to me...

Was it using words like "whilst" and "averse"?

Well using those words are kind of scummy!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But honestly, nobody has said/done anything that strikes me as particularly scummy, so I'm voting the guy who has said all of 9 words in this game. PBS has a total of 4 posts and 2 of them are the same:

PBS Newshour posted:

i am already tired of everyones poo poo!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Eh. day one, roll the dice, and I trust space friend busb

##vote Sir Sam Vines

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
glad we got this time extension and people are avoiding the guy repeatedly slamming the "I'm town" button.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

glad we got this time extension and people are avoiding the guy repeatedly slamming the "I'm town" button.

You can't argue with it.

Would you want scum having this miraculous power?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

But honestly, nobody has said/done anything that strikes me as particularly scummy, so I'm voting the guy who has said all of 9 words in this game. PBS has a total of 4 posts and 2 of them are the same:

I'm already tired of everyone's poo poo!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TMMadman if you think no one has done anything particularly scummy why point out I posted the same thing twice? I mean you are wrong there, I posted the same thing threes times but never mind, you are never one to pay attention to the facts.

It feels like you are just excusing your bad vote. And before you say "well I am actually pointing out half of your content is the same content" well what if I told you I don't care and still think you are excusing a lovely vote

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

Oh, there is only about 6 hours until the deadline. I guess I should remove my joke vote.

##unvote

TMMadman posted:

Hmmm...there really hasn't been a lot happening this game day, so I'm going to ##vote PBS

TMMadman posted:

Interesting isn't it. You felt the game was serious enough to remove a so call joke vote, but then you voted me because a lot wasn't happening... and then you came up for an excuse later?

So in a way, aren't both of your votes WORTHLESS

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok i am already bored with this line of inquiry anyone around i can talk to?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

ok i am already bored with this line of inquiry anyone around i can talk to?

I'm here. Sorry for dropping a vote on you, but I am engaged in a strategic long-term battle to deny scum a valuable resource.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that stuff with ssv and busb seems like has a scum somewhere in there....

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait meds, you switch from Busb to me... WHICH IS WEIRD

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ESPECIALLY SINCE THE SSV AND BUSB STUFF HAS A SCUM SOMEWHERE IN THERE

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

ESPECIALLY SINCE THE SSV AND BUSB STUFF HAS A SCUM SOMEWHERE IN THERE

That may be true and I'll dig deeper into it, but I can confidently say that the third vote on any of them was cast by a townsperson.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote ssv

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Whoa, hang on a second.

Unvote that real quick?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##unvote

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote Sir Sam Vimes

:derp: THIRD VOTE IS ALWAYS TOWN :derp:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote ssv
???

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I believe Opopanax and Meds have a very similar strategy of white noise posting and very much reminds me of Day 1 scum trying to stretch the joke phase for as long as possible.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

PBS Newshour posted:

that stuff with ssv and busb seems like has a scum somewhere in there....

You know, this entire page has been filled with a lot of bizarre nonsense, but this is actually similar to what I was thinking. I hadn't thought ssv's posts had said anything sufficient to elicit busb's reaction, and it just feels like there's something going on there. I don't know who's acting weirder, but I'm much more interested in looking into this pair than just voting for PBS for a relative lack of content on day one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Revolver Anidav posted:

I believe Opopanax and Meds have a very similar strategy of white noise posting and very much reminds me of Day 1 scum trying to stretch the joke phase for as long as possible.

I agree, but from previous games I've tried to force myself not to read too much into people joke posting on day one as every game bar one the conclusions I formed that day from that perspective were completely wrong. Not saying there isn't anything to this line of reasoning, but I think it's something to monitor over the next day to see if anything pans out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Revolver Anidav posted:

the joke phase is a myth that exists in your mind because you allow it

every day is a joke phase...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

PBS Newshour posted:

##vote ssv
???

He wants you to unvote so he could be third vote on it, so he could be town :ssh:

it's a dumb meme :ssh:

• Locked thread