Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

kibato posted:

have you played it or do you just repeat what others are saying?

Played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draax
Oct 12, 2011
Really enjoying myself so far, the developers on New Dawn really seem to know their stuff, and have some pretty ambitious goals. I wish there wasnt any competition from the Agon shard because i could see New Dawn bringing in a very solid amount of people.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

The New Dawn dudes definitely are the ones that seem to have their stuff even slightly together but Darkfall is an absolutely awful game and yet it's one of my favorite mmo's of all time. I'm pretty conflicted.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Just starting playing Rise of Agon. So far it's been pretty good. They fixed a lot of the crap and add some nice quality of life features. The speed at which their fixing thing just show you how incompetent AV really was.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Pixelslol posted:

Darkfall is an absolutely awful game and yet it's one of my favorite mmo's of all time. I'm pretty conflicted.

not emptyquoting.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

:frogsiren: https://darkfallriseofagon.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-october-11th-2016/ :frogsiren:

FREE TRIAL OCTOBER 14TH - CALL TO ARMS:
On Friday, October 14th after server maintenance until the server maintenance of Monday, October 24th, Darkfall: Rise of Agon will be free to play for everyone. New players who wish to try Darkfall for the first time or players interested in trying out some of the new changes will be able to do so during this free period. We would like to call on our veterans to provide assistance and take in new players who try the game and help show them what the game has to offer. We plan to host events during this time and hope to see both new and old faces out on the battlefield! Stay tuned for more information later this week

who wants a weekend of nostalgia and nerd stomping???

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I was dumb enough to buy into this with Unholy Wars. I'm sure I'l be dumb enough to try it again. Hopefully this weekend will be enough to convince me going further is a bad idea.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 14, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just heard there are 2 darkfalls being developed when there arent even enough players for 1 darkfall

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
Not gonna lie; I watched the development overview video from the Rise of Agon website and I am seriously tempted to get back into this game...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
of the two, it sounds better

but I cant imagine they have any real playerbase split between two games

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I'm playing both but right now I prefer RoA since it's very easy to get a viable character unlike DND. You can find pvp in both games but if you're american I'd play RoA since the DND playerbase is almost exclusively EU. Both are just in stupid betas or whatever so it's better to wait to see which one will actually release first and which is better at that point. If you want to hop in and build a character quick and then do some quick bang then RoA is better though. I'm from EU and I ping about 130 to the server and it's fine.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Pixelslol posted:

I'm playing both but right now I prefer RoA since it's very easy to get a viable character unlike DND.

Wait wait wait....This is what everyone said when DF was in beta too before everyone found the grind. What makes it easy to get a viable character?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Mux posted:

Wait wait wait....This is what everyone said when DF was in beta too before everyone found the grind. What makes it easy to get a viable character?

Skill gain is just heavily increased and there's also now a scroll system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4YArSSigOo

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

DND also has increased the skill gain but it's not close to as fast as RoA

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Pixelslol posted:

DND also has increased the skill gain but it's not close to as fast as RoA

So how hard is magic to skill now? I loving loved this game until magic became a necessity once launch came around. It wasn't even the magic system that sucked as much as the grind thousands of gold for the regs to spend thousands of hours to grind the skills.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Mux posted:

So how hard is magic to skill now? I loving loved this game until magic became a necessity once launch came around. It wasn't even the magic system that sucked as much as the grind thousands of gold for the regs to spend thousands of hours to grind the skills.

Takes a few weeks at most to have everything you need at 75+ in skill basically. It's super easy. On RoA that is.

On DND it takes a lot longer if you're solo but they have this system where you get higher skill ups the more people are attacking a mob (the mob gets stronger too) so if you can get a clan to go with you to like a golem and whack it for a while you gain pretty nice skillups too.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Pixelslol posted:

Takes a few weeks at most to have everything you need at 75+ in skill basically. It's super easy. On RoA that is.

That's pretty neat. Is this assuming solo or clan play?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that sounds nice i wont hold my breath tho

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Are they really doing a buy the game and also pay a required sub model? Hello, 2001.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Mux posted:

That's pretty neat. Is this assuming solo or clan play?

Mostly solo but I did a mix of both. Definitely good to have a group though. There's so many mob spawns now that are very profitable if you're farming together. This was as a vet of the game that nows exactly where to farm too though. I guess for a newbie it's a bit harder.

Orv
May 4, 2011

jabro posted:

Are they really doing a buy the game and also pay a required sub model? Hello, 2001.

Do you really expect the kind of people who want Darkfall 1 to come back to be anything but living in the past of MMOs?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Have you watched the [Darkfall: New Dawn] The Broken Man: A Darkfall Feature Film yet guys? It's in 4K. Grab your popcorn and enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTe1qNciC-M

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 7, 2017

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

worst use of the piano theme from the leftovers ever

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Whenever I tried to play this game this intense wave of depression would wash over my mind.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Rise of Agon launches sometime tomorrow it looks like. I had fun with Unholy Wars for like a month so for $9 it might be worth trying. OTOH looking at older pvp videos it looks like everyone has like 30 buffs which seems like a hassle

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

Rise of Agon launches sometime tomorrow it looks like. I had fun with Unholy Wars for like a month so for $9 it might be worth trying. OTOH looking at older pvp videos it looks like everyone has like 30 buffs which seems like a hassle

My younger brother's got a guild that's got a decent amount of people that are going to play, he said I could make an allied guild if enough Goons have an interest(or could just join his guild I guess), and we can mooch off of their work.

I think it's supposed to launch at noon EST or something?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

lol

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

so after original launch, relaunch AND new dawn, there is now another official shard for this game, and in order to play it you have to buy the game and pay a subscription fee?

if thats the case, then there should be people who paid full price to buy darkfall 4 times, and also subbed 4 times for as long as the hype lasted

actually i'm not even mad, thats pretty impressive

e: It seems you don't have to buy the game to play in the new shard, u just gotta pay a monthly sub

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 5, 2017

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
Definitely going to be playing this. I miss the old Darkfall and I'm hoping with new devs and continuous development it will become the Ultima Online sequel we (I?) always wanted.

Plus I'm a masochist.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
The addiction is back. Rise of agon is pretty good with a nice population and lots of quantity of life upgrades. Otherwise its the same old darkfall.

Having fun killing people and taking all their stuff. 2 days in and got into a couple of fun pvp battles already. Any one else here playing this lovely game again?

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

the moose posted:

The addiction is back. Rise of agon is pretty good with a nice population and lots of quantity of life upgrades. Otherwise its the same old darkfall.

Having fun killing people and taking all their stuff. 2 days in and got into a couple of fun pvp battles already. Any one else here playing this lovely game again?

i'm gonna make a character tonight. what group are you pvping with?

in game as "hot dog" if anyone wants to kill trolls or pretend they know at all what they're doing in the hostile zone.

tacosupreme fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 13, 2017

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
Are Grief Goons anything to do with you guys? Been seeing a couple of them running around Elflands recently.

Game's pretty fun. One thing I've noticed is that monsters spawn pretty quickly so you kill a few mobs, midway through looting the next lot spawns. Makes farming pretty hectic but it's good fun.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
For some reason aiming and casting spells on jankily-moving enemies is strangely fun and satisfying. Enjoying this so far

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol, people are actually going to play this?

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Rise of Agon is where its at.

Rocking with Washed Up (old school Black Shields)

If you are thinking about playing hit me up in game (Verm Eul) il give you weapons, armors, regs, gold, everything you need bb

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
They've even managed to keep such old features as developers helping their guild cheat, talk about an authentic experience!

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

2DCAT posted:

Lol, people are actually going to play this?
No. And we should stop bumping the thread

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kopitar posted:

They've even managed to keep such old features as developers helping their guild cheat, talk about an authentic experience!

Do Tell?

(Also I don't remember any DF classic guilds known for cheating having devs. TheMercs had a guy who did fan videos and someone else who owned a webcomic related to Darkfall?)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Deki posted:

Do Tell?

(Also I don't remember any DF classic guilds known for cheating having devs. TheMercs had a guy who did fan videos and someone else who owned a webcomic related to Darkfall?)

they had ties to devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopitar
May 21, 2009

Deki posted:

Do Tell?

https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/dunerats-exposed-bug-abusers.12989/

• Locked thread