Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

jabro posted:

With only like three people playing this will never happen.

I played Darkfall at launch and yeah I'm not seeing any possibility of the remaining goons playing the...third attempt? At this MMO. So everyone will be split between the two copies of the same game, which makes no loving sense at all to do, and it will be a contest to see which version lasts two months and which one lasts just the first month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Was Darkfall really seven years ago? It's crazy how rapidly we'll all be dead, left only to play horrible games with 212 players online until the reaper comes (or don't, how the gently caress could splitting a dead fanbase in half work for another attempt at reviving a bad game?)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

kibato posted:

ok I played it yesterday for the first time and it was awesome. The world is alive and the've already added some quality of life additions like a weapon bar where you can bind hotbars and skills/spells to specific weapons.

Here is a nice Feature / Roadmap list on the official forums:
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,579.0.html

The hype is real! Anyone here whos gonna play it for real?

"A motivation for a lot of the changes we'll be working on is to give individuals a reason to be online and have selfish ways for them to need other players. An MMO should be on your mind everyday, at work, in transport, while speaking to your loved ones, in those minutes before sleep and especially when wondering what to do with your free time."

• Locked thread