Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

post hole digger posted:

just splurge on the encore. if you drink more than a cup a day it will pay for itself in a week. hand grinding is annoying.

eh, sometimes it makes you feel buff to hand grind

i get to be reunited with my handgrinder in two weeks. left it behind at the beginning of the pandemic. i already miss my la pavoni though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it is one of the greatest coffee makers ever made

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

just splurge on the encore. if you drink more than a cup a day it will pay for itself in a week. hand grinding is annoying.

no one tells you the negative of the encore. I'm here to set the record straight

it's pretty good at grinding but your counter is gonna look like this all the time and it's loud like a blender

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

best burr grinder is the capresso infinity plus

i guess i mean best value for money. i'm sure there is some $2000 grinder out there that is precise to 2 microns or something

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

no one tells you the negative of the encore. I'm here to set the record straight

it's pretty good at grinding but your counter is gonna look like this all the time and it's loud like a blender

i have never had this problem with mine. im not grinding for anything finer than moka pot though, if you’re making espresso dust it might be different i guess?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeoH9XSPuW4

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
slurpin' a cuppa sludge

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

yeah mine makes a bit of a mess I just clean it out with a brush after each use and take it apart to clean it every couple months.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If you get a small spray bottle and spritz your beans before grinding them it helps a lot.

My only complaint about my encore is that it sounds like it's going to wake up the entire block anytime I turn it on in the morning.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
went to my local roaster, got some beans and a lovely cafe au lait

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I should make coffee

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus WEP posted:

i have never had this problem with mine. im not grinding for anything finer than moka pot though, if you’re making espresso dust it might be different i guess?

how??? mine gets super static-y and the grounds just get repelled out everywhere and the cat hair sticks to it like a magnet. i mostly make drip so it's not even a fine grind

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

how??? mine gets super static-y and the grounds just get repelled out everywhere and the cat hair sticks to it like a magnet. i mostly make drip so it's not even a fine grind

yeah! I got a big problem with the grounds catcher being all staticky too and I don't know how to fix that. it also seems like it has to do with the grind coarseness. grinding at a 12 for aero press, not a problem. grinding at 18 for drip or 24 for French press, more static and mess.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have never noticed mine being static-y at all

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/well/eat/why-does-coffee-make-you-poop.html

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus WEP posted:

i have never noticed mine being static-y at all

did you ground the plastic case of your coffee maker

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What price range are you looking for? The timemore c2 is about $20 more than the skerton and will give you a far better grind quality. If you want an electric one I don't think you'll get better than the baratza encore.

https://www.amazon.com/TIMEMORE-Chestnut-Grinder-Capacity-Stainless/dp/B0833SDN8M

lookin for a replacement one for my dad. he’s got a hand cranked that doesn’t get used cause it’s “too much work”. under 150 would be ideal but could slip up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
drinkin coffee

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
need to fire up the aeropress, a pot a day is no longer sufficient.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

9pm coffee, hail satan.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ragtime All The Time posted:

lookin for a replacement one for my dad. he’s got a hand cranked that doesn’t get used cause it’s “too much work”. under 150 would be ideal but could slip up

The encore is a good choice if he wants an electric one. If you wait till thursdays refurbished ones go on sale on their site.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haveing coffee

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/status/1468612489961164800

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

haveing coffee

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"just gently caress me up" I say to the bartender, rolling up my sleeve and dropping my credit card on the bar

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PokeJoe posted:

spray some water on beans before grinding, this is an air humidity thing

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
not a lot of water though it's literally a matter of a few drops

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah, i do one-two sprays on my 20-30g doses with this small (2” tall) spray bottle i got somewhere

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

my coffee this morning is beautiful but it's having a very interesting impact on my bowels

i suffer for my art

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
making GBS threads is one of the best parts about drinking coff

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

how's that song go? we're up early to get some, we're up really early for a good one, we're up super early to make coffee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im going to make some coffee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
going to drink this coffee i made

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve had a coffee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006