Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I ran out of milk so had an americano this morning. it was pretty good. looking forward to a cappuccino tomorrow though.

La Semeuse beans are continuing to hit the sweet spot of tasty + available in normal shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think i'll just have a dark one today, it's past noon and i was so busy with non-work stuff that i didn't have time to have my morning coffee.

make a little extra and turning it into a yuenyang for tonight with my liquor

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/1522358042045689858

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gimme dat colombian

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Must be why my Nespresso pods are giving me so much pep

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Columbia's finest light roast

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jesus, that's awful. that could have all been coffee

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

oh gently caress this coffee is strong :sludgepal:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I'm drinking a cup of coffee.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
me too!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wow same

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

just finished my cup. considering having another

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

living dangerously with a 6pm coffee

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

post hole digger posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

same op

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i finished my coffee. contemplating more but I might just go to the gym 🤔

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

absolutely insane multi beverage stack coursing through my veins this morning, including, you guessed it, coffee.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I made some cold brew this week and it's legitimately some of the best coffee i've ever had.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1525006930917265409

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I made some cold brew this week and it's legitimately some of the best coffee i've ever had.

Share your recipe with the class. Considering a late night Irish coffee.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

water + beans

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

made a presser of coffee, enjoying it in a mug

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i should have made some cold brew for the heat wave today and tomorrow. darn it

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

akadajet posted:

water + beans

drat, its genius

Having some bean water

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

Mr. Crow posted:

use like a 1:4 ratio, same gind you use for french press (I have a Niche zero which is for espresso, so for me that's a full rotation backwards past the largest size on the meter, basically the largest grind it can do) steep overnight in the fridge, filter. Dilute what you make with ice water when you drink it because that poo poo is concentrated and will send you to the moon.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

water + beans
:hmmyes: gonna try that

edit: it's good!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm boilin' some beans!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
mmm mm mm, that boiled bean liquor

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

mediaphage posted:

mmm mm mm, that boiled bean liquor

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr. Crow posted:

I bought one of these a while back, and I use a 1:11.5 ratio.

https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Mizudashi-Coffee-1000ml-Black/dp/B001VPXEBU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ive been doing 1:10-11 with my aeropress. been coming out fine.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

MindSet posted:

use like a 1:4 ratio, same gind you use for french press (I have a Niche zero which is for espresso, so for me that's a full rotation backwards past the largest size on the meter, basically the largest grind it can do) steep overnight in the fridge, filter. Dilute what you make with ice water when you drink it because that poo poo is concentrated and will send you to the moon.

I usually do 1:8 and 18hrs and it's okay.

1:4 and 14? sounds interesting. That's a lot of coffee though. But I will give it a try.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hi yospos coffee thread, i am too lazy to go back 100 pages

i cannot make coffee at home that is “smooth” like you get at a fine restaurant. it’s always a little too sour or a little too bitter when i play with ratios or grind size

i have a deece coffee machine (i think?): https://www.melitta.co.uk/products/coffee-machines/filter-coffee-machines/aroma-signature-deluxe-filter-coffee-machine-black/

i descale/decalcify the machine whenever the light comes on and tells me to (only has happened twice in 3+ years, we have soft water here)

i buy whole beans and grind them, I’ve played with every possible grind size in the range for normal brewing with a machine: https://www.bestcoffee.guide/pages/wilfa-svart-grinders

ive tried cheaper beans, and I’ve tried more expensive beans that can be traced back to the farm of origin, the more expensive beans did not taste any better than the cheaper beans to me

i just want a smooth cup of copy, help me

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

also im drinking a cup of coffee right now, it was free at a hotel, ive had worse

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

fisting by many posted:

1:4 and 14? sounds interesting. That's a lot of coffee though. But I will give it a try.

are we talking weight or volume ratios ? my girlfriend is coldbrew-curious and I'd like to have a good experience for our first time

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Weight ratio, always weight with coffee. Beans vary widely in terms of density - I usually put 16g of coffee in my aeropress and when I'm scooping it out for the grinder, it varies from about half a scoop all the way up to 2 scoops of unground beans. You can cheat a little when measuring because 1mL water ≈ 1g of water.

fisting by many posted:

It's a lot of coffee, yeah, but remember, the result is a concentrate. Split it around 50:50 with cold water when you go to drink it, and add some ice too.

You are a little safer extending the extraction on cold brew as well because it's too cold to extract the really bitter compounds that come out when you overextract hot coffee. So if you stick with 1:8 but find it weak you could try extending your brew time.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

MindSet posted:

I have a Niche zero which is for espresso, so for me that's a full rotation backwards past the largest size on the meter, basically the largest grind it can do

lol a $600 coffee grinder

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've a hario for cold brews and no complaints about it.. though typically i just drink the concentrate and that's five or six mugs

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

hi yospos coffee thread, i am too lazy to go back 100 pages

i cannot make coffee at home that is “smooth” like you get at a fine restaurant. it’s always a little too sour or a little too bitter when i play with ratios or grind size

i have a deece coffee machine (i think?): https://www.melitta.co.uk/products/coffee-machines/filter-coffee-machines/aroma-signature-deluxe-filter-coffee-machine-black/

i descale/decalcify the machine whenever the light comes on and tells me to (only has happened twice in 3+ years, we have soft water here)

i buy whole beans and grind them, I’ve played with every possible grind size in the range for normal brewing with a machine: https://www.bestcoffee.guide/pages/wilfa-svart-grinders

ive tried cheaper beans, and I’ve tried more expensive beans that can be traced back to the farm of origin, the more expensive beans did not taste any better than the cheaper beans to me

i just want a smooth cup of copy, help me

does that thing have a water temperature setting? i haven't had a machine at home in 10 years but temperature is super important, and most machines end up steeping the beans in 100C or hotter and that's a great way to get a bitter dishraggy overextraction.

Hard to go wrong with a v60 and a gooseneck for controlling all the variables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

had a coffee, now posting from the main shitposting station