Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

ugh these beans taste like cardboard, at least this bag is only 500g so should be done with it in a week or so

pitch Ďem if they suck, thereís no reason to force yourself to drink poo poo. you canít get your money back, may as well not waste your time and your taste buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fatal Error posted:

having coffee

i did that about 24 hours ago and didnít sleep last night. :sludgepal:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qsvui posted:

do any of you put honey in your coffee

i tried it once and ended up with a big blob of honey in the bottom of the cup, so that was it for me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

just got some fresh ground coffee from a local roaster instead of the grocery store grind i usually get.

my worldview has rather abruptly been shifted.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

thatís not what i meant when i said it was coffee time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

afternoon coffee? afternoon coffee.

just shoveled off my sidewalk and car so a 1700 coffee is happening.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

my coffee desire is so intense it bends space and time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

2130 coffee because i donít give a fuuuuuck tonight

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

putting on coffee and the way of the dragon to start 2021.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shoeberto posted:

whoa

so you need cold brew to make your hot brew
and presumably make your cold brew after having drank your cold brew......

You are the coffee ouroboros..............

itís like sourdough bread starter, you keep the supply in the fridge that you pull from to make a new batch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fffffffriday midnight coffee motherfuckers!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nomnom Cookie posted:

I just bought a areopress and itís pretty good. do I need to buy anything else before I start lecturing people on how theyíre doing coffee wrong? I have a grinder too if that helps

goose neck kettle with a built in thermometer is another piece of the coffee snob toolkit. knowing your microwaveís times for your target temperatures is what i do though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

molon latte

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pardot posted:

I tried to sneak in a 2nd before lunch aeropress. I boiled the water but then got distracted, and now itís too late for it to be a 2nd before-lunch coffee. i'll have to settle for an after lunch coffee. Iíll see if i can do 2, but i'm not sure :/

i have confidence in you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

3:58 holy poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

wasn't planning on afternoon coffee but then I opened this thread and now I'm tempted

i'm doing it, come on along.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

afternoon coffee since iím heading into work tonight anyway and will have more when iím there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shaggar posted:

the more complicated the procedure, the better it tastes

taste the labor

the clever dripper has been very needs suiting for me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Podima posted:

didn't know you can get boss in the US, thats rad

there's a japanese grocery in rockville that carries ucc and suntory canned coffees and i pick a bunch up when i stop by. if you're in los angeles or san francisco it's pretty decently available too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mediaphage posted:

i had three shots at 8pm after my run and i'm totally ready for bed now (i am aware that's probably about equal to a cup of brew)

even when i don't have any caffeine for weeks at a time, all i get from drinking too much is a headache or stomachache. where is this magical wakefulness people talk about

that was me up until a few years ago then megadoses gave me headaches and somewhat abruptly after that started caffeine after 9pm meant i wasn't sleeping that night. enjoy it, but keep that in the back of your head if you start having trouble falling asleep.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 17, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

5pm coffee time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

itís 2 oclock

it's five o clock somewhere

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

didn't have any caffeine friday

blew through my alarm and didn't wake up until 3pm today

coincidence???

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ansible Adams posted:

I'm drinking a cup of coffee right now.

:same:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RustyKnight posted:

my worst one was when I did the infamous double inverted method

:rip:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm taking the shortcut path to coffee tonight

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

having an 8pm coffee because i don't give a gently caress.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mediaphage posted:

cold brew is a good decision because i donít want to get really hot and then go run

that seems like setting yourself up for the jogger's dilemma: if you walk you'll never make it, but if you run you'll never make it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graph posted:

i havent drank any coffee in 2021

what the gently caress, man

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

taking a shortcut again

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

it might be a whole lot and also check what kind of agricultural inspections north macedonia does, some places are pretty strict about plant products even when they're not invasive threats.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nobody Interesting posted:

$200 to ship 500 grams to Macedonia loving lol

i've passed on tips on how to id some good beans though, i hope she finds something

oof. that's worse than i was expecting.

supporting a 24/7 training exercise, having a midnight coffee, giving no fucks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

coffee has been making my stomach hurt lately. a cruel fate

another one bites the dust :rip:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

nice! my eyes perked up seeing you can crank it to french press

buddy you can crank it to anything if you're in the right mood

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

at work we have a bunn brewer and feed it with costco folgers. it's bad but sixty bucks for the whole year, and someone made it worse by dumping a stale can of cafe du monde into it.

the taste was unbelievable and not in a good way.

edit: sixty bucks for the whole year, not per cup

Midjack fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 27, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bossy posted:

I've been dabbling with drinking coffee in the latter half of the day again. It seems not so bad.

Assuredly not related in any way, the timer based 10pm killswitch I've put on my monitor's power cable has been too easy to work around and I've circumvented it 4 of the past 5 nights. I'm thinking of supergluing the contraption shut or making sending a hard shutdown signal to the computer itself.

this sort of thing pretty much never works; you may as well set an egg timer or an alarm on your phone. if you're not going to quit when the prompt comes you're just wasting money and effort on something you can just bypass anyway as you've discovered.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

look out here come my posts

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

yet coffee boss is the boss of them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://danozzi.substack.com/p/the-worlds-most-insane-coffee-drinker