Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

doctorfrog posted:

couldn't sleep, had too much coffee yesterday. Going to need a little extra today.

a virtuous cycle :coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

got a new container for those beans

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

thoughts on aeropress? i like it but it seems a little wasteful with the paper filters. i'll stick with the fp.

you can reuse the paper filters a few times

Captain Foo posted:

wtf is that enter key

it's good. ISO, yo
JP layout is pretty good for typing programs

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Shaggar posted:

iso layout is the dumbest most retarded poo poo there is

took you long enough to break your being right streak

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

boarding a plane. no coffee in sight. kill me.

if there is at least one air wait[er|ress] there is coffee.

e: also next time bring a zoj with a label that says SALINE on it

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

prefect posted:

keurig "breakfast blend" is better than "dark magic"

both are worse than what you can get for $1.99 around the corner hth

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

you stand before a lever. it controls a speeding train; if you dont pull the lever, one person dies and you get a cup of 3 hour old starbucks "dark roast". if you pull the lever, five children die and the espresso machine the lever is attached to delivers you the most wonderful cuppa that you've ever experienced.

is there supposed to be a question in there, because i don't see it

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
I keep having this problem where I go grab sludge but don't want to get burned so I set it for a few minutes to cool. then I forget about it and it gets room temp and (more) gross.

this only happens with the gross office :airquote:coffee:airquote:, but I'm too lazy to walk down the street to fill up my zoj.

seriously who makes single serve coffee machines that are worse than k-cups. didn't know it was possible before working here but there you go.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

sorry, get good independent donut shops in your area I guess?

I had independent donut shops when I was out in LA. they were uniformly terrible.

I'll settle for the good but not remarkable fare from dunks.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
on topic: got some afternoon sludge

single source Ethiopian with a hint of burnt plastic

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Malcolm XML posted:

new office only has nespresso shoot me now :((((((((

is there a coffee shop nearby? I started brining in my lunch to justify a daily coffee budget

I should probably just bring the beans from home, too.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Bhodi posted:

You can get hot coffee out of a vending machine. Day or night, 24x7. $1.30. They are on virtually every street corner. Japan is the best country A++ boss coffee and their spokesman, tommy lee jones

I mean sure it sounds like a cool place to vacation but lol if you want to work there.

also are those 12oz cans because my local coffee shop fills a 20oz zoj for $2.00 :rip: japan

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
drinking a hot chocolate with some espresso in it rn

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Podima posted:

at risk of heresy, does anyone else use a percolator?

literally only you

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

maniacdevnull posted:

No, i can assure you the previous stuff was way worse. It's not half bad really

it's two steps down from keurig and not even on the same spectrum as the bean hooper -> single cup coffee machines.

having been previously spoiled with good office coffee, it's pretty detestable. a significant number of my colleagues go to a coffee shop and pay money to avoid it.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

at the date posted:

If you didn't constantly, consciously alter your aesthetic sensibility to goosestep in time with Howard Schultz, Tim Cook, and Karl-Johan Persson, you might live a happier and more frugal life like your mother-in-law and other people capable of enjoying things they haven't overpaid for.

folgers is p bad though

but they have cool jingles so they're alright

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
haveing something that looks like coffee

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I'm not a whiskey drinker, but "cigarettes & coffee" at a local spot is one of the tastiest cocktails I've ever had and it has grated coffee beans as a garnish

recipe seems to be here: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/15/chefowner-of-arc-restaurant-showcases-oven-to-table-food-innovative-cocktails/

grated coffee beans

i suppose you're :airquote:totally not:airquote: a hipster

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
c coffee s: was pouring a cup and a splash hit me in the eye
feeling fresh :sludgepal:

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

prefect posted:

i am not shooting coffee into my eyeballs, thankyewverymuch

it's good :morning:

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

triple sulk posted:

I too am drinking coffee

out in town because I left the aero press at the office

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

do you dunk, or just get the coffee?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

COOL CORN posted:

i used to buy green coffee beans from peru and roast them myself at home, ama

did you ever just coat the green coffee in chocolate and eat it?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

i was asked if i wanted space for cream and was deeply offended

that's the code words for "are you adding alcohol to this?" though. totally reasonable question for a noon time beverage.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

spankmeister posted:

A buddy is dropping off some parts for my Gaggia classic. Italians make beautiful machines but they don't last for poo poo.

are there any German espresso machines? preferably <$1k. tia

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

today's roast had lots of chaff blowing out, so now there's coffee chaff all over my backyard

does that mean your backyard smells like coffee?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Starbucks is so bad, the undertones of charcoal and burnt fat are so offputting

enjoying that burned wood flavor rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
ran out of coffee and I don’t feel like driving in snow, so I had some tea

:smithicide: