Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

hurt my wrist using my new hand grinder but i got a drat good cup o joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

mediaphage posted:

what grinder you usin

got me this ceramic hario

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

i have the kyocera version of this and it's fuckin' great.

just don't try the drill trick.

tell me about this drill trick

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

that sounds dumb

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i have some variety in my ground sizes, depending on if i'm cracking out the aeropress or doing a pour over, so i hope i never experience problems with my nut

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i can get coarse grinds out of the hario just fine :shrug:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

gonna pour myself an artisanal nescafe!!!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

just kidding i'm taking a break between revolutions on my hand grinder to post this because my wrist still hurts

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

having a big ol' steamer before going out to get my covid vaxx!!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i love to drink coffee while i play doom

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

RIP AND TEAR THE COFFEE BEANS AND MAKE FINE GROUNDS

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

still drinking the coffee i made this morning because my drat good contigo thermos has kept it drinkably warm

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mediaphage posted:

gotta pay his bills yo

gotta buy his coffee!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

holding my hario between my thighs cos the vax made my arm hurt

hard work but drat good coffee!!!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i actually like to make an instant every now and then to dunk digestives in, and it's nice to have on standby for those mornings that just aren't going right

hey i got a great quip from my wife - i said i was gonna have a cup o' joe and she told me to stop drinking myself!!! because joe is my name!!! lol!!!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

was able to grind pain-free this morning, vax can't keep me from my giant steamer!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

the cool thing to do is dunk on biden for his stammer, right? so i guess it'd be something along the lines coffcoffcoff-uh tea-uh coffee

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

every morning jill makes me a great cup o' covid! #ovalofficelife

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

if it wasn't why would anyone want to be president?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

hi, lifelong stutterer here. That's not a stutter, that's the line noise of a dying brain.

i know that, you know that, and that's why we're posting in yospos, the true hideout of the intelligentsia

today's a 5pm coffee day, by that i mean it's a day that ends in Y

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mediaphage posted:

^^^^^^

shots 4 - 8

the bubbles look scary but it's just because i put a little cream in the espresso before dumping in a bunch of water

this post doesn't have enough birb

but that's okay, i am glad you are having a good espresso

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

grinding beans while i imagine my future posts

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

strange smokey taste to my coffee this morning, weird since it was hand ground and my water was 185F. not been a problem before.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mediaphage posted:

sometimes you'll get a bean in a roast that got stuck and burned or overroasted. might've just hit one of those in the grind.

dammit nabob i trusted you

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mediaphage posted:

better that than a rock!

nabob is my rock. nabob gives me strength

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

having capacity issues with my contigo, show me your flasks, friends

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

something something your mom something my dick

you drink your coffee with that mouth??

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

the slight shimmer on the right-hand side had just enough green to it to make me think you were mistreating the birb

but i know you would not mistreat birb

then i was lost in the beans

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

early to bed, early to rise, and being up early means more time for coffee!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

y'ever have a coffee in the morning that is just so much more :discourse: than the last one?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

the more i drink coffee...the more coffee is in me

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mother in law has been told to cut back her coffee consumption to fix her blood pressure

sux 2 be her i'm here enjoying my contigo full of cofe

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mediaphage posted:

if they’re into good coffee and the caffeine is the issue get them some nice decaf

i think she has some opinion about decaf but i will confirm, any recommendations?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

mediaphage posted:

i’m not surprised, most have been bad historically

one of the best widely available decafs i’ve had is this guy, assuming you’re in the us.

i'm in Canada and she's actually holed up in Kosovo while she waits for a visa to let her back into Macedonia because coming back to Canada after being kicked out of the UAE was too much for her

i'll see if we can ship a bag out to her though, appreciate the tips too i will pass 'em on

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

turns out she just got her Macedonian visa.

guess we'll find out how much a bag o' beans from 'Berta to 'Donia will cost to ship

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

$200 to ship 500 grams to Macedonia loving lol

i've passed on tips on how to id some good beans though, i hope she finds something

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

she deserves that goon wisdom though

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

my coffee is less good today and the only thing that changed is that i cleaned the burrs

maybe the grind factor is off, maybe the excess coffee oils in the burrs was adding to the flavour

who knows? it's still drat good and i am still havvveing a grand ol' cup o' me (because my name is joe wow lol this joke never gets old!!!!)!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

got a coffee poop brewing in my gut but expecting a work call in <10 mins

also the coffee today is better than the one yesterday, so maybe it WAS a bad idea to clean the burrs :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

lousy hat posted:

gonna be a cold brew panic attack couple of weeks