Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ive heard several times that the rancilio silvia is good for price/performance and also modding ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

grinder got a big upgrade

from 40s of room shaking noise to 5s of mild whirring

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

AlbertFlasher posted:

My coffee this morning was particularly good but I'm not sure what I did different?

sounds like you had it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

saturday morning coffee

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

AlbertFlasher posted:

Ah okay.

Do you use the paper filters or the steel one?

i prefer paper but if you like a chewy coffee then metal is good too. i still haven't gotten through the original filters they last forever

my opinion of aeropress overall is that it gives great results and it's cheap with replaceable parts, and convenient if you're travelling or something and want good coffee. but it quickly gets time consuming if you're making more than one cup so i only use it sparingly when in the mood

ive found the big rubber stopper can get weird and sticky, idk if it was from several years of uv exposure or what. but you can just buy a replacement stopper ($6 for two on amazon) if it comes up

also i like to put everything into it upside down and stir, then put the filter and cap on then flip it over onto a mug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i just do 1kg bags