Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tin Gang posted:

you know french's makes ketchup now? pretty hosed up

yeah, its cool

heinz shutdown their canadian factory and fired everyone

so frenchs came in, hired most back and uses the same tomatoes as before

it was going around FB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Smythe posted:

mdn lives in baltimore also i thnk

who

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i have a sore throat rn

i soldered for like 4-5 hours a day for three days this week. maybe its time i get a fume extractor

or maybe i'm sick idk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kalstrams posted:

mid 60s is ideal outdoor dinner weather

good point totally doing that too now

i need to get some steak or something to grill and maybe some asparagus and veggies to add to the top rack

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

i have a sore throat rn

i soldered for like 4-5 hours a day for three days this week. maybe its time i get a fume extractor

or maybe i'm sick idk

Rosin fumes are definitely irritating if you breathe enough of them

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

weird, Nielsen sent me two dollars American in the mail along with a survey they want me to fill out.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Elder Postsman posted:

weird, Nielsen sent me two dollars American in the mail along with a survey they want me to fill out.

that's step 1

return that, and it will be a 5'er or 10'er next

then after a few months, then they invite you to participate and you are now a neilson household. embrace the meter.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

yeah they said they'll send me back $5 if I return the survey. that's cool.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elder Postsman posted:

they gave me five of the newest crispest bills i'd ever seen

started filling out the forms and then realized ~i didn't own a tv~

my roomies had one but only let their son watch cars and assorted disney movies

sometimes late at night they'd watch christian movies like kirk cameron makes or joseph, which was pretty spicy since it had monica bellucci

so i kept the 5 bucks and threw away the survey

sorry nielsen, you'll never know how much i liked the first 2 or 3 seasons of bsg

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah they said they'll send me back $5 if I return the survey. that's cool.

my stint lasted abotu 2 years before they thanked me for my time. I never won one of their $10k prizes that they run quarterly, but, the chances aren't _bad_ given theres so few people in the program overall. its like a couple thousand people total nationwide?

but you do get like 20-30 bucks a month or whatever + its kinda cool i thought

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

my stint lasted abotu 2 years before they thanked me for my time. I never won one of their $10k prizes that they run quarterly, but, the chances aren't _bad_ given theres so few people in the program overall. its like a couple thousand people total nationwide?

but you do get like 20-30 bucks a month or whatever + its kinda cool i thought

i'd like to have my opinions heard about jessica jones but alas idk if they ask about netflix

see also: the cancellation of you me and the apocalypse (sky 1 but i think they're airing it on abc now, albeit without the naughty words)

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
do the right thing and watch a lot of educational programming 😌

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vintersorg posted:

yeah, its cool

heinz shutdown their canadian factory and fired everyone

so frenchs came in, hired most back and uses the same tomatoes as before

it was going around FB

french's makes good mustard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I don't even own a tv. is that interesting?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Tin Gang posted:

do the right thing and watch a lot of educational programming 😌

we don't watch a lot of anything and unless Nielsen boxes work with Appletv then they aren't getting anything from us lmao

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

prefect posted:

french's makes good mustard

bullshit, if we're talking yellow, it's plochmans

i have opinions about mustard

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sniep posted:

plochman's is also good mustard

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Elder Postsman posted:

we don't watch a lot of anything and unless Nielsen boxes work with Appletv then they aren't getting anything from us lmao

it works off subaudible tones in the content itself, if you stream a program it will still have the digitally encoded beeps that the meters pick up. same thing if you're at a bar or restaurant or supermarket or w/e... all the media produced and distributed be it TV shows, music, radio channels in a car, or anything with sound to it, will be produced with the subaudible tracks and picked up by the meter

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Sniep posted:

it works off subaudible tones in the content itself, if you stream a program it will still have the digitally encoded beeps that the meters pick up. same thing if you're at a bar or restaurant or supermarket or w/e... all the media produced and distributed be it TV shows, music, radio channels in a car, or anything with sound to it, will be produced with the subaudible tracks and picked up by the meter

no way. that's cool/creepy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

we're gonna grill brats and hot dogs today. I told my wife to go to aldi to get some but I'm sure she will go to whole foods or some such nonsense.
plan sounds good, though i cant relate to the shopping choices you expect since i havent been to whole foods and ive been to aldi once, p high aand somewhat drunk

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sniep posted:

plochmans

God damnit we just lost the last thread

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Virion posted:

good point totally doing that too now

i need to get some steak or something to grill and maybe some asparagus and veggies to add to the top rack
:hellyeah:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sniep posted:

i like senap. in sweden all stores sell same kind of mustard, one brand that has just giant black letters saying "mustard" in swedish. its best mustard ive ever had in my life, it actually made me like mustard

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i kinda wish I had built my patio table about 3 inches shorter.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

:rip:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

kalstrams posted:

plan sounds good, though i cant relate to the shopping choices you expect since i havent been to whole foods and ive been to aldi once, p high aand somewhat drunk

aldi brats are good. whole foods ones are p deece too but they cost like 3x as much. they are def. not 3x as good.

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
how do you guys keep doing this geez

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
what the gently caress http://deadspin.com/some-evil-idiot-attacked-the-iditarod-frontrunners-and-1764511082

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Elder Postsman posted:

cut the legs off

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

coffeetable posted:

cut the legs off

the legs are sunk 4 feet into the ground

Elder Postsman fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 12, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Elder Postsman posted:

I bet this isn't the first time someone told you you should have pulled out

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Galaxy quest is so good

the dialog is mixed really badly or smth so I hear new lines every time I watch it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

aldi brats are good. whole foods ones are p deece too but they cost like 3x as much. they are def. not 3x as good.
i see. makes sense that whole foods is some hipster food poo poo or something, recalling now article about planned tattoo parlors in their stores or something

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

interesting. what kind of tones are these to be subaudible? and why don't they get wiped out by psychoacoustic compression? if i :filez: a season of Better Call Saul, does my nielsen box know that i marathoned the whole season in a night?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Elder Postsman posted:

nothing a jackhammer can't fix!

but seriously why don't you disassemble the top of the table and sawzall 3 inches off the top of the legs, then put it back together? is it all nailed and glued or something?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Galaxy quest is so good

the dialog is mixed really badly or smth so I hear new lines every time I watch it

galaxy quest will never get old. that movie owns

sigourney's jumpsuit getting increasingly more torn up :q:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

galaxy quest is the best star trek movie there is.

also, wish i could find a cut where sigourney weaver actually says "gently caress THAT" instead of the dodgy dubbed-in "screw that" they did for a PG rating i guess

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the reason that her jumpsuit is practically falling off at the end is they cut the scene where she tried to seduce sarris

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

apparently the other R cut they did was the ship decapitating a bunch of fans when they crash land at the con lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

also fuckin rainn Wilson was a thermian

• Locked thread