Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

LadyAmbien posted:

Just a heads up that I don't think that the guy whose FB was found, and pictures posted on here are the same Alex Levert, so I'm going to remove them until it's confirmed that they are one in the same.

How can this be confirmed?

Make it so all credit card orders must come with valid photo id

Then charge $100 a gander for the chance to see what a poster really looks like irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Wow dude :iceburn:

I better go resign myself to the shame corner and never post again. I don't think I will ever recover from this sick top tier original insult.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
All of you, please stop fighting!

Lowtax, can you call their parents to come pick 'em up?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Windows 98 posted:

I better go resign myself to the shame corner and never post again. I don't think I will ever recover from this sick top tier original insult.
it would be cool if both of you shut up

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

just wanted to crack this one out again, i spent a little while on it

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

Let's choose to love each other in these dark and terrible times. We are all family here.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

LadyAmbien posted:

Let's choose to love each other in these dark and terrible times. We are all family here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYgpF1bqQ

our anthem

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Clicked expecting juggalos chanting fah-muh-lee

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjG7-5kbevo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aw6sl-WUac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u22xi5Dts

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Mange Mite posted:

Clicked expecting juggalos chanting fah-muh-lee

WHOOP WHOOP

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Linux Pirate posted:

Someone's gettin' a talkin' to.

Rereging? That's a paddlin.
Chargebacking? That's a paddlin.
Kiddy fiddlin? That's a paddlin.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
loling at the kyank call. good poo poo.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Lowtax is EATING WELL TONIGHT

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

hey alex stop doing fraud the IRS and FBI are gonna come gently caress you up

canada's gonna deport you and stick you in american prison guantanamo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Add personalized voice mail to the SA store and price it at $399.99.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How long does your bank needs to catch up with you when you're being a retarded serial chargebacker anyway ?
I'd assume one or two would go through but 40 ??

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Lowtax's voice got way more adult since the last time I heard it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

unpacked robinhood posted:

How long does your bank needs to catch up with you when you're being a retarded serial chargebacker anyway ?
I'd assume one or two would go through but 40 ??
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's passed the point where his bank will accept any chargeback claims.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
SA Registration: $10 and an emergency contact number. Must be an immediate family member if possible.

I hope this works out well, an interesting choice to address the issue as close to the source as possible. poo poo some of the spergy stuff I did on the internet... I used to post on FYAD :(

Please don't call my parents Lowtax

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
:chanpop:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
It's bizarre. Used to be when even veteran members wanted to leave, they'd leave pretty funny/well thought out banme threads which were basically forum suicide notes. Now it's just re-reg after re-reg in a spiteful attempt to flood the forums with white noise so lots of other, worthwhile content gets ignored. If this guy's a redditor, I'm going to go with this being some form of industrial espionage.

In short, I'm glad posting one absolute poo poo thread after another is a 10 dollar charge. Bet most people working in the service industry wish they could do the same to people who waste their time.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Lowtax posted:

He hasn't registered a single new account in the past 40 minutes. Before this thread he was registering a new account every 5 minutes.

lowtax's pig hoof style beats alex's mule kick

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
i'm trying to trend this on twitter as #usergate but nobody is listening

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

phasmid posted:

It's bizarre. Used to be when even veteran members wanted to leave, they'd leave pretty funny/well thought out banme threads which were basically forum suicide notes. Now it's just re-reg after re-reg in a spiteful attempt to flood the forums with white noise so lots of other, worthwhile content gets ignored. If this guy's a redditor, I'm going to go with this being some form of industrial espionage.

In short, I'm glad posting one absolute poo poo thread after another is a 10 dollar charge. Bet most people working in the service industry wish they could do the same to people who waste their time.

The funniest thing is that the white noise posting becomes exactly that. Because poo poo gets gassed the only way to know this poo poo is happening is if you're either there for the couple of minutes it's happening or you go back and check out the leper's colony where it's just bans for reregging and nothing interesting.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

You know, Canada is a boring frozen wasteland, and I don't think Rush is doing anything right now. Are we sure this isn't Alex Lifeson pulling a bit of a prank (or a "loony lark" as they say in the frozen northlands) on us?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
HOW ARE YOU PAYING FOR THIS ALEX? I HAVE NO MONEY LITERALLY 400 DOLLARS JESUS CHRIST.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Are chargebacks easy in Canada then? Last time I did one recently I had to fill in some long rear end form and post it back to the credit card company, together with all my evidence etc before they even opened a case and told me the money wouldn't contribute towards my spending limit whilst it was being investigated etc.

Even if I were claiming it was unauthorised or whatever I'm not sure I'd be able to do it several times for the same place/amount before they started asking me whether I actually still had possession of the card or not, or was a bit mental (not sure if they actually ask that on that phone tbh).

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Microwaves Mom posted:

HOW ARE YOU PAYING FOR THIS ALEX? I HAVE NO MONEY LITERALLY 400 DOLLARS JESUS CHRIST.

hello allow me to introduce you to the magic of credit card fraud.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ryoshi posted:

You know, Canada is a boring frozen wasteland, and I don't think Rush is doing anything right now. Are we sure this isn't Alex Lifeson pulling a bit of a prank (or a "loony lark" as they say in the frozen northlands) on us?

L3RXST for mod

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I liked the really cheery ending on the voice mail, good phone etiquette imho.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

dreezy posted:

But doing poo poo like this ruins your reputation with credit card companies, businesses, and your credit rating in general. Even doing a dispute charge - which I had to do once - (ubisoft double charged me and they coudln't figure out how to undo it.) And I wasn't even fond of that even though i literally had email CCs of both parties saying they were fine with this.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Microwaves Mom posted:

But doing poo poo like this ruins your reputation with credit card companies, businesses, and your credit rating in general. Even doing a dispute charge - which I had to do once - (ubisoft double charged me and they coudln't figure out how to undo it.) And I wasn't even fond of that even though i literally had email CCs of both parties saying they were fine with this.

something tells me this guy doesn't think about the long term consequences of his actions

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Durzel posted:

Are chargebacks easy in Canada then? Last time I did one recently I had to fill in some long rear end form and post it back to the credit card company, together with all my evidence etc before they even opened a case and told me the money wouldn't contribute towards my spending limit whilst it was being investigated etc.

Even if I were claiming it was unauthorised or whatever I'm not sure I'd be able to do it several times for the same place/amount before they started asking me whether I actually still had possession of the card or not, or was a bit mental (not sure if they actually ask that on that phone tbh).

When you call they still instantly take that money from the vendor account and just hold it in limbo until you get your poo poo in and they look it over. It also depends on the card. A lot of vendors in the US don't take American Express exactly because they are so pro-cardholder with chargebacks.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

dreezy posted:

credit card fraud is free money :downs:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

So wait how old is this child? Is this his mom's CC or his own?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
im gonna murder

this burger

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cowman posted:

credit card fraud is free money :downs:

well, he got 40 free SA accounts out of it. seems pretty free to me.

resell them on eBay and take mom out to a fancy restaurant

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Wedemeyer posted:

So wait how old is this child? Is this his mom's CC or his own?

probably a co-sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at Windows 98 trying to tell any one their life is a joke. Like turn on the monitor dude

• Locked thread