Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLcm3uPCME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i agree OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Eh... I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It'd be a better game if it gave you a reason to do the things the people in these videos do.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a really cool game yeah

To make the most of it you need to explore through the levels and experiment a lot.if you just run through everything (aka follow the objective marker) you'll miss a bunch of stuff

I hope Dishonored 2 the honoreckoning improves on this wellbuilt but short first game

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

"Man Dishonored" ? They made a game about Kojimas experiences with Konami?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If a guest at the party catches you stealing they just go "oh cool, we're all doing it too."

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

It'd be a better game if it gave you a reason to do the things the people in these videos do.

it wasnt flawless, especially the dumb morality stuff. but its one of the best games ive played in a v. long time still

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dishonored 2 and Mankind Divided are going to be great.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
deus ex 2 is gonna be great

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

its one of the best games ive played in a v. long time still

wtf

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLOY2dQfR4w

still the best

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its like a much faster blood money where you have jedi powers. theres a lot to love

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

It's a shame that new thief game was so crappy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love dishonered op

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's another good one http://youtu.be/zm0eUsf9lIE

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FactsAreUseless posted:

If a guest at the party catches you stealing they just go "oh cool, we're all doing it too."

then you pickpocket them and they get pissy as gently caress

Make up your mind

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I can't stop watching these, it's hypnotic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I pirated this game when it came out to check to see if it would run on my PC because it didn't have a demo. I played the opening bit and it was running fine so I bought it but having to have steam open as well made the game crash my computer on boot up every time and this was before steam refunds so I was SOL on 50 bucks. I obviously still own it but im so mad about it that I refuse to play it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the level designs in dishonored are top notch. I heard the DLC has some good ones as well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the level designs in dishonored are top notch. I heard the DLC has some good ones as well

the dlc loving rules and you have even cooler powers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my one complaint is that by the time you reach the final boss you are so powerful she is simply not challenging at all, and a lot of your powers work just fine on her.

in the main game, fighting daud was really cool because he was the one character that none of your tricks affected. you could also humiliate him ofc but it was cool that if you got into a straight-up fight you had to be very clever and fast

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I hate that it does that Bethesda thing where whenever ou talk to someone the camera dramatically zooms in way too close to their face. Otherwise it was fun

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dishonored has a lot of good poo poo going for it that most modern games don’t. The developers really get how to give you abilities with creative applications and levels that can make the most out of them, very much like Deus Ex did … hard to explain. Like I feel like Human Revolution (still good) had a lot of abilities that were just “lets you interact with these glowing interaction points” like the wall punching, whereas Dishonored does the opposite and that’s rare and really good. There are probably smart words like emergent gameplay to use about it.

I never got around to doing a noisy playthrough where I use most of the cool toys and powers, I might do that soon and finally play the DLC. I feel like it was way too easy to bother using most of that stuff except for just for the hell of it, but it[‘s still good. I hope the sequel has more interesting challenges that make u use ur skills to adapt.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ghost no upgrades hardest difficulty run ftw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

They also did a great job of clueing you in to optional objectives. Like that early quest where you can read a book that says people branded as heretics are forever cast out, I thought it would be cool if I could do that to the target and sure enough you could

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like that the Outsider is an embarrassing 90s goth and really boring but some of the books and stuff imply he’s actually a giant space whale

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reinstalling this bad boy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

same. Im installing something called the “Ultimate Difficulty Mod” too because I’m extremely cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going to do a magic only run

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dishonored has a lot of good poo poo going for it that most modern games don’t. The developers really get how to give you abilities with creative applications and levels that can make the most out of them, very much like Deus Ex did … hard to explain. Like I feel like Human Revolution (still good) had a lot of abilities that were just “lets you interact with these glowing interaction points” like the wall punching, whereas Dishonored does the opposite and that’s rare and really good.

legit agreed. even on the highest difficulty tho, your powers and especially your weps+gadgets felt incredibly excessive for the situations you're in.

the game can only be challenging when you do a non-lethal run since youre not allowed to use any of the obviously OP stuff like corpses that auto vanish on stealth kills and explosive bolts. i rly hope this is something they address in the sequel

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i seriously hope they keep on giving you awesome powers to utilize in creative ways to solve a mission as you please in the sequel

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shooting a guy a million times while in time stop and letting time resume for the freaking win

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Men Become Dishonored

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

im conflicted on if im ok with the new hitman having goals of doing all the cool stuff

is spoiling the stuff for people who love the game ok if its encouraging new players to actually do that stuff

probably its good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its turns the fun details of the game into a defined set of "content" to "experience"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

im conflicted on if im ok with the new hitman having goals of doing all the cool stuff

is spoiling the stuff for people who love the game ok if its encouraging new players to actually do that stuff

probably its good

the nice thing is you can turn all the hints and highlights off which id id asap

• Locked thread