Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

there are a bunch of smartphones that are much more expensive than the iphone and they are just as widely available in that if you have the money you can just order them from a website

look at this thing its an $8500 phone! http://www.vertu.com/us/en/collections/aster/shop-collection/stingray-black/601084-001-01.html I guess that one is a limited edition but its still not hard to find these "luxury smartphones" that are crazy expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also to actually answer your question about other products: faberge eggs

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

jyrka posted:

Yes, I know about Vertu. I think you missed my point. Also, I didn't buy an iPhone if it matters to you. :)

What is your point then? I don't care what kind of phone you have i'm just saying the iphone is not actually the most expensive product in the field, there are a bunch of more expensive phones that are easily available to anyone who wants to spend thousands of dollars on a phone. to answer your question for real I'm not sure there is a field in which the actual most expensive product is the most popular one unless you really narrow the field to either some ultra-niche luxury thing or some situation where there are only a few products and the most expensive one is the only decent one

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

jyrka posted:

Yes, you can technically buy a Ferrari as well but everyone knows Mercedes-Benz is the most expensive car. Just like an iPhone is the most expensive phone. And it is the best selling one as well. I wonder if there is anything else like that? Hmm.

Either I'm too stupid to understand what you are trying to say, or you're too stupid to be saying it. Occam's razor suggests both.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

So what we've learned is any product can be simultaneously the most expensive and the most popular thing on the market, so long as we are so flexible with the words "expensive" and "popular" that they don't actually mean anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know? It depends where they're playing I would imagine. And it depends what you mean by "most popular" because I doubt any one team or band accounts for a significant portion of all ticket sales, so it's not like there's a significant market share being occupied.

To be fair there are a few sports teams that do have a popularity extending well beyond the geographic range of similar sports teams in their same leagues, and are essentially national or even global brands at this point. NY Yankees, Arsenal, Real Madrid, etc and if you talking about not just ticket sales but also licensed merch (a huge industry in and of itself) that also changes the geographic picture

• Locked thread