Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Welcome to Choose Your Own Demon!

You will play as a newly formed demonic life form! We'll start with the most basic, single-celled demonic life and work our way up. You can become pretty much anything you want and adventures will follow!

This is you.

You're kind of just...floating around in some sort of goop right now. Don't know what's going on. Probably had legs and arms and crap at some point, but you can't even recall exactly what those things even are. Stuff is a bit fuzzy right now.

What you're sure of is that you have some...eyes? That's why you can see stuff? OH! And there's this stiff red thingy sticking out of you up front. At least you think it's the front. You're kind of an amorphous blob so...yeah. Front is where that thing is, you guess. You have an inherent idea that you're what is known as a Daemeoba.

There's some other floaty blobs around you, but they seem confused too. No two seem to be exactly the same as you do, as each has a special different extra bit on it. You wonder what yours is...

1. What is your special extra bit?

A. A sharp pseudopod/shiv. Gonna stab any bitches get close!
B. A second pointy red thingy! More is better, right?
C. A specialized part of your membrane for eatin' stuff. A...mouth?
D. An organelle for smarts. We're gonna outwit stuff!
E. A thicker cell membrane. Armor up!
F. A flagellum for motorin'. Sittin' still gets you killed!
G. Bigger/more eye pod thingies. Gotta spot snacks and things that wanna snack!
H. Write in.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Fly away!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C, look at all these friends this food!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

D , because we already kinda look like a giant brain so why not embrace the look?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

H, a residual knowledge of contract law

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Voting will remain open for another day or so since we got off to a slow start.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

H, a residual knowledge of contract law

Daemeoba business paralegal, perhaps? Crap, that's a cool word. Updating OP.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
F

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Eye vote for G.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C We must eat the rest of the brood to prove our strength and to provide room to grow.

uh did you mean to put this in trad games instead of the game room ?

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 15, 2016

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Whoops. :shrug:

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
G

Eyes. MORE EYES.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ok, so it's G for eyes in the lead as the option with multiple votes so far.

FYI, in the event of a tie the dread god Arengee will decide for us.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

That's exactly what my vote was aiming for. :unsmigghh:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's kind of hard to tell what your trait is since you can't see yourself, but judging from the way the rest of the blobs are bumping into each other you'd guess you're pretty good at spotting stuff, since you're not doing that.

This turns out to be a VERY good thing for you, since you can see that while your closest neighbors are just bumbling around like morons with their silly movey-whip things and stabbing each other with pokey stuff...there's one BIG dude way off in the distance with a rather noticeable lack of neighbors.

Distance very not to scale.

Well poo poo.

A. Ambush and eat some of your faster looking neighbors so you can stick their fast bits onto yourself.
B. Ambush and eat some of your better-armed peers and steal their shivs.
C. Find his weak spot!
D. NO TIME! CHEESE IT!
WRITE IN!

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 17, 2016

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A

Those dumb blind bastards don't deserve the fast bits!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
B

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
A

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C. School yard rules, find the biggest turd in the yard and eat him.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
A

Fast and with an eye so we can om nom to greatness

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A

Be fast, have eyes, and then it will be very easy to pick our battles to only pick on the most vulnerable. And isn't that what being a demon is all about?

No, seriously, is it? I'm still kinda fuzzy on remembering what a demon is.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
A, the best defense is always being faster than the guy next to you.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

A. We don't have to outrun the demon lord. We just have to outrun you.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Got called into work early today, so update will be delayed. More hours, woo!. In lieu of update, I'll give you guys a bit of info on how progression is going to work: Stuff you acquire earlier in the game will be more familiar to you, and thus be easier to upgrade. Since we picked eyes at the start, we're going to be pretty perceptive overall and can go with some pretty boss eye themes. However, if we wait until the 11th hour to grab, say Tex-Mex-Hex it's going to be a a long time before we can turn someone into an enchilada supreme rather than a soggy Dorito.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nice. Definitely say speed and perceptiveness make a nice mix, then.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Probably gonna need to outrun or outmaneuver that big dude. Hmmm....need to get movey bits...

Welp. Guess you'll steal theirs. But how? They seems pretty focused on just chasing each other, so there's that.

Oh yeah. That'll do. So, float over just so, and-

Well that was easy. Funny how they all squished out to the sides like that. Seems like your 'flatten yourself out so you're harder to spot' gambit paid off.

Tasty, but it took a while to absorb your prey. You feel a lot bigger and more mobile now. Probably not as big as that other guy eating up everybody, though. There's a bunch of other nitwits floating about, but you don't see nearly as many as you did before, and they're starting to look more complex. You're not the only one hunting for extra bits, it seems.

1. What do you do next? VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE TWO OPTIONS! We'll be getting the two favorites or a hybrid, depending on a dice roll. If one option has a 2/3 majority of votes, it shall the sole adaptation absorbed.

A. We got lucky with using our pointy red kajigger to pop those guys. We need to eat something with a proper way to attack.
B. Eat someone who has more than one pointy red thingy! More is better, right?
C. Eat something with an organelle for smarts. We're gonna outwit stuff!
D. Took too long to eat your kills. Find something with a mouth thingy and snatch it.
E. I saw those fast things following some kind of trail made up of stuff I could squirt out. Maybe I can squirt out stuff that makes these other guys go or even do what I want them to.
F. Something else. Write in!

2. If voting D for the above, do you try to take on "Bubba"?

A. YUP! Here's how we'll do it.
B. NO!

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 24, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

D - 2A

Using our eyes and speed, kite Bubba and the stabbers into fight range with each other, then swoop in and do a drive-by when everyone's weak and pick up some tasty morsels.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
A, then we cometh for Bubba

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
C: trickster/bargainer demon, here we come!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

Smart thing!

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

D

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Bitey thing is important, but so is brainy thing.

1. D;C

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
E. I saw those fast things following some kind of trail made up of stuff I could squirt out. Maybe I can squirt out stuff that makes these other guys go or even do what I want them to.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Interesting ideas and dual votes have come up, so I updated the post with new options. If you already voted and don't modify your vote, your vote will be counted as a double. If you wish to modify your vote, please make a new post and that shall be counted in place of your existing vote. I'd prefer to avoid the post-edit-voting confusion if seen in past CYOAs *COUGH*Denziroh*COUGH* so this is what we'll be using Plus, it'll be neat to see everyone changing their minds as new ideas come up. :)

Here is the updated voting set so you don't have to scroll back up or whatever:

1. What do you do next? VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE TWO OPTIONS! We'll be getting the two favorites or a hybrid, depending on a dice roll. If one option has a 2/3 majority of votes, it shall the sole adaptation absorbed.

A. We got lucky with using our pointy red kajigger to pop those guys. We need to eat something with a proper way to attack.
B. Eat someone who has more than one pointy red thingy! More is better, right?
C. Eat something with an organelle for smarts. We're gonna outwit stuff!
D. Took too long to eat your kills. Find something with a mouth thingy and snatch it.
F. Something else. Write in!

2. If voting D for the above, do you try to take on "Bubba" to get his chompers?

A. YUP! Here's how we'll do it.
B. NO!

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 25, 2016

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. CD
2. B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HBar posted:

1. CD
2. B

##Vote
1. CD
2.B

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think my divide-and-conquer idea is good. :colbert:

I call it Operation Killsteal.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

1. CD

2. A. Use our speed, perception, and freshly-acquired smarts and penchant for competitive eating to make strafing runs on Bubba's undefended regions and take a bite out of him each time. Ideally, we'll eventually enrage him enough to stop eating and chase us. At that point, we can steer for much smaller demons we can swallow whole on the run, so we can keep growing while Bubba starves.

• Locked thread