Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LumberingTroll posted:

Where can I find a good build for Howizter? right now it really sucks playing him...

its not really the build as more about the scaling. Caster scaling needs some love and they're gonna look into it. Word on the street is Grux is getting an inc nerf too come Tuesday after Sevarog release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

its not really the build as more about the scaling. Caster scaling needs some love and they're gonna look into it. Word on the street is Grux is getting an inc nerf too come Tuesday after Sevarog release

What's considered OP with Grux? I'm just curious as I think the other players in this thread are on a whole nother level than I am.

Also, Kallari is incredibly fun. Nothing is more satisfying than catching up to someone backing, leaping out of the jungle and blood daggering them from mid air.

But she's pretty useless if you miss your ult AND the blood dagger.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Kind of surprised to see a Grim Reaper type figure in a game and not see a scythe in sight

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Loknik posted:

What's considered OP with Grux? I'm just curious as I think the other players in this thread are on a whole nother level than I am.

Also, Kallari is incredibly fun. Nothing is more satisfying than catching up to someone backing, leaping out of the jungle and blood daggering them from mid air.

But she's pretty useless if you miss your ult AND the blood dagger.

if you build attack speed, dmg, and sprinkle some crits on Grux and use your smite jungling experience?

Lol....

Sparrow is the freshest meat if she overextends, which most of them do~ If Grux starts in the jungle with the red, he can hit level 3 by the 4th jungle camp, and by that time people already aggressively push instead of last hitting, he can just run up on a ramp behind them, blow them down, watch them try to escape cutely :kimchi: use his smash and grab to bring them back and kill them as he applies a bleed. Then he's already level 4 and gets a permanent hp bonus and off he goes to jungle again, this time clearing the creeps even faster, hits another lane, he's level 5, got his ult, sets up a harvester, gets more attack speed, clears the right jungle, hitting almost 6, ambushes another lane yet again, smash and grabs the poor victim, Ults them and stuns, gets movement speed bonus and attack speed/damage off his ult, blows them down. He's 7 and the enemy mid lane is 4 and he is out of control in that at that point he won't need anyone to help him finish a kill.

Oh if you're ever in a bad spot? Press E and you're completely fine for the most part~ You can tower dive for days and walk out~

There you go~

Just to illustrate how OP he can really get, I went 24/2 one match... 18/0 in another. Bear in mind you still CAN lose even if you've had an insane run because people don't capitalize momentum, have almost no map awareness and the respawn timers are insanely short and that needs a fix.

There are a few ways to contain an OP Grux and that is to never ever get smash and grabbed, have a dekker on your party who knows how to keep him contained and controlled. Dekker will basically shut down Grux on the spot if you can time it right to cancel his abilities with a stasis bomb, fence him off and keep him slowed if he tries to escape without impunity.

Dekker is THE ult shut down hero. Twin tryin to barrage? Sorry buddy, not today~ Gideon's about to summon his black ho- nope~ Feng's about to - Haha lol~ Grux ulted and he's about to smash and gra- aww how cute~ :3:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 25, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I dont want to see Grux nerfed, I want everyone else to be buffed, Grux is fun as hell to play, make them all that fun!

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I cannot loving wait to be hitting home runs with Sevarog. I don't even care about his other skills. It looks like they get knocked really far.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

LumberingTroll posted:

I dont want to see Grux nerfed, I want everyone else to be buffed, Grux is fun as hell to play, make them all that fun!

As someone who plays a shitload of Grux I will say nerf his rear end.

goodnight sweet rhino prince.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
Someone who feels OP but isn't is kallari. If you pull off a good jungle game and can land the blood dagger/ult combo you own. If you miss, it's hilariously embarrassing.

I think rampage could be turned down a little bit, or at least make physical penetration actually seem worth it? He just stacks armor and hp and then hulks out and walks wherever he wants.

This game is great though, but playing on ps4 seems to have mostly people who either don't understand laning, or can't push when the opportunity arises.

Any ideas what the jungle npcs will develop into? Would seem a little weird to have soldiers just chilling in the jungle.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Loknik posted:

Someone who feels OP but isn't is kallari. If you pull off a good jungle game and can land the blood dagger/ult combo you own. If you miss, it's hilariously embarrassing.

I think rampage could be turned down a little bit, or at least make physical penetration actually seem worth it? He just stacks armor and hp and then hulks out and walks wherever he wants.

This game is great though, but playing on ps4 seems to have mostly people who either don't understand laning, or can't push when the opportunity arises.

Any ideas what the jungle npcs will develop into? Would seem a little weird to have soldiers just chilling in the jungle.

PS4 is cross play with PC, even now in early access.

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

Cut it out, the players don't want to hear my problems.
Game is decent enough to make me play daily, but everything is elo hell down here. Game aims for average ratings of the 5 players on the team. This generally means a really good player gets paired with three average and one barely functional player.

Ideally you want to play with a friend, maybe two, unless you're feeling confident playing against very coordinated 5 mans. There's still the risk of facing them 3 queuing, it just doesn't seem as bad.

FreeDVD
Aug 9, 2007
HI

Junubee posted:

everything is elo hell down here.

There's also no penalty for leaving a game.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

FreeDVD posted:

There's also no penalty for leaving a game.

bad in the long run, but good for me last night as something came up and I had to leave a game. Karma got to me though as we were winning that one, and the game I played afterwards that night was miserable

FreeDVD
Aug 9, 2007
HI
Really balanced MM late at night

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
Took a completely random and ill advised punt on this whilst pissing about on my PS4 earlier today.

No idea why, but it holds the place as the only MOBA to hold my attention for more than a game or two. Controls well, seems balanced enough and looks very sexy to boot.

I like it.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

New Patch and Patch Notes

The TLDR, new Jungle Tank Seravog, Rebalances to Grux and Feng Nerfing their late game but making their early game a bit stronger. 2 cards are disabled temporarily due to issues. Other than that the patch is really sparse

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Epic Games employee goon here, I work on the Paragon Game Capture team. The last trailer that was posted, with Severog in action? I was the Howitzer getting ulted into the enemy tower toward the end. I was also played Severog a lot in an earlier concept for the video, but we changed the overall idea later.

Glad to hear you are all enjoying the game! Can't wait for you to see the cool characters in store for you in the future, all of which I can't talk about at all. Sorry.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Last night I learned that I could buy upgradeable items for more than just the two bigger slots and started winning games. Really weird UI.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Do not like Sevarog, like his concept is neat but his scaling soul thing feels like a win-more mechanic and he just feels so incredibly slow if you don't land your root you are just going to get infinite-kited.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
I spent about a week playing this game with all of you Early Accessers, and at the end of it decided to make a point-by-point breakdown of the things I like (and don't like) about Paragon. I'd love all of your most honest (brutal?) feedback on this video since I'd like to make more videos like this!

05:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2KLLFTCjs

(Yes, that is my nerdy voice in the video)

more like dICK posted:

Last night I learned that I could buy upgradeable items for more than just the two bigger slots and started winning games. Really weird UI.
I know exactly what you mean. A lot of other players I spoke to in-game were just figuring out the card system, and despite the fact that many of them were Level 7 and over we were all still learning the card system's basics. So, yeah. The Paragon UI could really use some work.

Rick Sanchez posted:

Epic Games employee goon here, I work on the Paragon Game Capture team. The last trailer that was posted, with Severog in action? I was the Howitzer getting ulted into the enemy tower toward the end. I was also played Severog a lot in an earlier concept for the video, but we changed the overall idea later.

Glad to hear you are all enjoying the game! Can't wait for you to see the cool characters in store for you in the future, all of which I can't talk about at all. Sorry.
Thanks for all of your hard work in putting Paragon together! Your team's catching all sorts of hell from all directions at the Paragon forums (a lot of people there are being pretty damned harsh), but I think that this game's great despite being in Early Access. The dev team as a whole seems to be really responsive. :)

melon cat fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 31, 2016

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

two matches in a row where a player quits almost immediately turning it into 5 vs 4, both times we did surprisingly well, (still lost though)

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Sniping people as Murdock is deeply satisfying. Double sniping even more so.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Nice Shot!

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Apparently there's a 7 card pack random tribute...

Some jerk goon named Ezell has gotten it twice!

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/update-brings-early-private-matches

Newest patch brings private custom matches for "teams".

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
So glad to see the visual feedback on the Card Power and XP meters finally go official. I'm a big fan even though it's such a small change. I also love that the buff timers are official and they have the pink mist on the character holding Orb Prime. Good stuff.

I also like Dekker's containment fence so much more. Last week my team thought that change was a bug, but I knew it was an art decision. I like it.

Finally, I can't believe I didn't post this earlier, but friend me at YetiMachete if you all want to play with me sometime. Just make sure I know you're a goon. My Agora.gg score is terrible right now, but that's because I had the [EPIC] tag taken off a little while ago and I basically had to start over. Also we're encouraged to play as characters we're not necessarily great with yet, so we can't main too much.

Anyway, enough excuses...

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 7, 2016

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I forgot to mention: if you join me for a game between 10 am and 5 pm EST then more than likely you'll be playing with some other Epic employees as well. I think I MAY have played with a good for a few rounds earlier today? Air Force player, was that a good? Played Sparrow? Two AMAZING games.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Rick Sanchez posted:

So glad to see the visual feedback on the Card Power and XP meters finally go official. I'm a big fan even though it's such a small change. I also love that the buff timers are official and they have the pink mist on the character holding Orb Prime. Good stuff.

I also like Dekker's containment fence so much more. Last week my team thought that change was a bug, but I knew it was an art decision. I like it.

Finally, I can't believe I didn't post this earlier, but friend me at YetiMachete if you all want to play with me sometime. Just make sure I know you're a goon. My Agora.gg score is terrible right now, but that's because I had the [EPIC] tag taken off a little while ago and I basically had to start over. Also we're encouraged to play as characters we're not necessarily great with yet, so we can't main too much.

Anyway, enough excuses...

I'll add you to my friends list, a bunch of us play and use the CTS mumble while we do, you are welcome to join. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=371438

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

LumberingTroll posted:

I'll add you to my friends list, a bunch of us play and use the CTS mumble while we do, you are welcome to join. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=371438

CTS link from the OP for those without forum archive access.

Rick Sanchez posted:

Finally, I can't believe I didn't post this earlier, but friend me at YetiMachete if you all want to play with me sometime. Just make sure I know you're a goon.

Added you as well, hope to play with you sometime!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I have no clue what thread got linked in my post.... thats not even to my CTS thread... wtf....

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

LumberingTroll posted:

I have no clue what thread got linked in my post.... thats not even to my CTS thread... wtf....

The link was just incomplete it was missing a 0 at the end. Copypasta error. Now I'm curious as to what that thread actually is...

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Added myself to the spreadsheet, whew random commission deposit.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Got a bunch of friend requests today. Hope to play with you goons soon! Just chat me when we party up and let me know you're a goon.

I tend to only be online playing during the week until 5 or 6, as I said before. Otherwise I don't really play on the weekends since I'm not getting paid to play video games during that time :smug:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

coca bojangles posted:

The link was just incomplete it was missing a 0 at the end. Copypasta error. Now I'm curious as to what that thread actually is...

2003 SA was weird

On more relevant topics: Pubs have started figuring out the whole "Gideon dissapears and suddenly I'm getting blackholed" thing. It makes it harder to play him as a glass cannon all energy power no defensive stats guy :(

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Are the queue times really long for low levels? I tried playing with a friend last night and sat around for 10 minutes before saying gently caress it and just did coop vs AI.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Matchmaking is broken for parties.

The Ezell
May 11, 2003
I play football. No, not that football. The other kind.
Thought I'd throw some useful poo poo in a post since I've been putting it up on the Discord server but not everyone uses it:

Epic's "Media Kit" for Paragon (actually the holy grail for number nerds, has every formula and constant used in game)

A copy of a google doc I've been messing with, has a hunter dps calculator on one page and a defense value graph on the other.

Also, RamPug

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Using pubbie TwinBlast as a meat shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00vaCRMk5U

Body blocking is a great mechanic I wish more pubbies understood...

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I love you howitzer, but I am afraid I may soon leave you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RTX4EsR5Vw
:swoon:

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I really hope you all enjoy Iggy & Scorch. We've been having a good time doing capture for them, mostly because they're so unique and we went for this chaotic good characterization. Coming up with scenarios and just capturing gameplay was really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Just bought in at the $19.99 tier - bit concerned about long-rear end runs back to the action seen on a couple of early reviews but the aesthetics and 3D aiming made it worth a punt. At least my mediocre shooting ability will make up for my terrible MOBA skills. :smith:

• Locked thread