Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Rick Sanchez posted:

I really like this new character. Played him a bunch in the internal playtests and he's very different from the new characters we've had so far. Hope all of you like him!

I'm really looking forward to admiring his model in the starting area as his player afk's in every single match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Neat, I get to follow-up to myself 12 hours later because this game's so boring nobody else will post!

So I get in a match with some guy running a bot that's hitting mouse1 every 10 seconds or so in the spawning area. Cool, I'll report him.

And then, two days later I get in a match with the same dude, except this time his bot runs about 3 seconds forward and to the right before hitting mouse 1. Spent the whole game in the starting area doing lazy circles. Ok, maybe the first time wasn't blatant enough with his sitting still and hitting a button, surely the second report will take.

Today, same guy on my team. I guess it's really loving easy to make a dev-blog post about how hard you're coming down on botters and afk'ers compared to actually doing anything about it. This game sucks, I'm done, I'm uninstalled, I'm having a Nice Meltdown over this piece of poo poo. gently caress this game.

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.

Rick Sanchez posted:

New hero reveal tomorrow at 10am EDT

I really like this new character. Played him a bunch in the internal playtests and he's very different from the new characters we've had so far. Hope all of you like him!

I'm excited. :toot:

Read the new skins blog as well. That poo poo looks insane.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

Merrill Grinch posted:

Neat, I get to follow-up to myself 12 hours later because this game's so boring nobody else will post!

So I get in a match with some guy running a bot that's hitting mouse1 every 10 seconds or so in the spawning area. Cool, I'll report him.

And then, two days later I get in a match with the same dude, except this time his bot runs about 3 seconds forward and to the right before hitting mouse 1. Spent the whole game in the starting area doing lazy circles. Ok, maybe the first time wasn't blatant enough with his sitting still and hitting a button, surely the second report will take.

Today, same guy on my team. I guess it's really loving easy to make a dev-blog post about how hard you're coming down on botters and afk'ers compared to actually doing anything about it. This game sucks, I'm done, I'm uninstalled, I'm having a Nice Meltdown over this piece of poo poo. gently caress this game.

:shittypop:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Been searching for matchmaking for a few minutes now, first game ever on the early beta thing..not a good sign :(

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Jastiger posted:

Been searching for matchmaking for a few minutes now, first game ever on the early beta thing..not a good sign :(

Yeah, not sure if this is just a beta thing or a sign, but the queue is definitely waaaay too long. It really is a great game, I think Epic is doing some really awesome things with it, I just hope they figure out a way to make it gain more traction.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ecco the Dopefiend posted:

Yeah, not sure if this is just a beta thing or a sign, but the queue is definitely waaaay too long. It really is a great game, I think Epic is doing some really awesome things with it, I just hope they figure out a way to make it gain more traction.

I hated hte game I played but i'm willing to give it another shot.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jastiger posted:

My first game there was a 10m queue.

Ecco the Dopefiend posted:

The card items are so much better than what you start with.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Rick Sanchez posted:

New hero reveal tomorrow at 10am EDT

There needs to be an Interstellar Time Traveling Space Monk in Paragon just to jazz things up a bit.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
SO I played another one and absolutely dominated with my Sparrow girl. The game is kind of opaque on what the cards do, how they upgrade, and the paths you take. I didn't realize until much later that i had to slot my cards so i wasn't just plinking away for 42 damage.

Where is the sprint timer?

Its clear they are trying to create an Epic MOBA Environment with realistic looking graphics and stuff but.......it comes off as cheesy and taking itself WAY too seriously. Why do I care about these characters? Why am I fighting? Why is that TwinBlast guy a huge douche looking dude?

It IS nice how the game is a lot more flexible. YOu can attack whatever, whenever. It just seems so HUGE that I'm just fighting by myself until someone wanders near by.

A neat idea, not sure on the execution. A bit too slow.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jastiger posted:

SO I played another one and absolutely dominated with my Sparrow girl. The game is kind of opaque on what the cards do, how they upgrade, and the paths you take. I didn't realize until much later that i had to slot my cards so i wasn't just plinking away for 42 damage.

Where is the sprint timer?

Its clear they are trying to create an Epic MOBA Environment with realistic looking graphics and stuff but.......it comes off as cheesy and taking itself WAY too seriously. Why do I care about these characters? Why am I fighting? Why is that TwinBlast guy a huge douche looking dude?

It IS nice how the game is a lot more flexible. YOu can attack whatever, whenever. It just seems so HUGE that I'm just fighting by myself until someone wanders near by.

A neat idea, not sure on the execution. A bit too slow.

Have you ever played smite? Its like that but with a even more of a grind.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

Have you ever played smite? Its like that but with a even more of a grind.

Reminds me of Smite yeah good call.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Hope you guys enjoy Riktor! If you practice landing his Riplash and get really good with it you can turn the tide in team fights BIG time

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Maybe I am Bad but I feel like Sparrow is punished too much early game with her lack of mobility and low damage (her range also seems a bit shorter than some others?) vs. Giddeon who seems to just poo poo out damage with a blink. It doesn't matter much once you get the cards rolling in but it does suck to feel like a paper towel until 25-30 minutes in.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Anyone play this somewhat regularly? I think it would be better with a buddy to talk with.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Anyone play this somewhat regularly? I think it would be better with a buddy to talk with.

i play on ps4, SuperFiveFive.

can't wait to play the obligatory fat moba hero who hooks stuff!

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i play on ps4, SuperFiveFive.

can't wait to play the obligatory fat moba hero who hooks stuff!

I don't play super often, but I like Paragon. Add mee: PhoenixSS

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I'm online during the day on weekdays, random weeknights and sometimes on weekends.

Epic ID: YetiMachete
PSN ID: YetiMachete85

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I've been playing this pretty regularly, I'd be down to play 1-2 matches a day with people. Does anyone else still have an unused founders code? All my irl friends would rather buy weed than this.

PSN: DrVideoGames371
Epic ID: 3holepunchout

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Merrill Grinch posted:

lmao

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I wish I had a code I could throw your way, but I've just run out. I can ask around at work if you're really interested (and you think they'll actually use it).

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Yeah I hate asking you a favor because I can't do anything in return other than vouch that the person does and will play, if you can get one then cool. If not, cool. I heard beta is going open this summer, is that correct?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Ultramega posted:

Yeah I hate asking you a favor because I can't do anything in return other than vouch that the person does and will play, if you can get one then cool. If not, cool. I heard beta is going open this summer, is that correct?

NP. Unfortunately I can't confirm or deny anything about open beta or dates or stuff like that. but I'll see if I can get a couple of codes for you.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I silently added my name to the spreadsheet but getting few hits. So hit me up when you want to play. ID is Cerepol. I'll try to join if I'm available.

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?

Ultramega posted:

I've been playing this pretty regularly, I'd be down to play 1-2 matches a day with people. Does anyone else still have an unused founders code? All my irl friends would rather buy weed than this.

PSN: DrVideoGames371
Epic ID: 3holepunchout

I have a code to spare for you, I sent a friend request on PlayStation. Hit me up, I'll throw it your way.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I also have a couple of codes finally. If anyone wants one, send me a PM or let me know if you can't PM and we can do e-mail stuff.

Also:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Attorney at laaaaw

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rick Sanchez posted:

I also have a couple of codes finally. If anyone wants one, send me a PM or let me know if you can't PM and we can do e-mail stuff.

Also:

I'm willing to sign up for the game on PC if you have extras. I"m intrigued by it, I want to see what the polished end product looks like. IF not thats OK too :D

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Twibbit posted:

Attorney at laaaaw

Put some respek on his name.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Jastiger posted:

I'm willing to sign up for the game on PC if you have extras. I"m intrigued by it, I want to see what the polished end product looks like. IF not thats OK too :D

Give me your e-mail and I'll send you a code. The game is cross platform between PC/PS4, so the codes work for either.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rick Sanchez posted:

Give me your e-mail and I'll send you a code. The game is cross platform between PC/PS4, so the codes work for either.

ohh did not know that. Thanks mang!

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 9, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So I kind of figured out cards, so this game makes a lot more sense now. Man is it opaque though.

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?
Yeah once you wrap your mind around it, it's super easy to understand. When I build a deck I like to keep 4 core cards and leave the last 2 as flex options. For instance on Murdock I've been building him tanky; so I have my 4 core cards for dps (energy damage and attack speed) and my last 2 are armor/health. If I get big early lead I have 2 cards that I can use to increase dps if I don't feel like building tank. It allows me to have a lot of flexibility through out a game.

And don't forget, when you discard a card, you're refunded the full amount of CXP for the card and upgrades.

Just gotta think of cards as items with upgrades.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It says i can tag all 3 upgrades to a card. Does that mean they are stuck with THAT card? Or can i use it for another card if i want?

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

They're stuck with that card. If you're worried about flexibility in build paths, then maybe you want an unlinked deck where you can directly add the upgrades. Having a linked deck just makes it easier to shop in-game - when you back you can quickly buy without having to put too much though into making sure all of your CXP will work out.

When I build a deck I like using agora.gg You can link your epic account and it shows you the cards that you currently own and you can look at stats while your assembling your deck. It even has the option to import it into Paragon for you :cool:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Fancy

I played as Murdock and have decided i want to be masterful with him. He's fun.

But I always miss his Ult :(

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i havent touched paragon in a minute, any changes?

what put me off was the uphill slog and spawn timers, wave timers

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Funny you should ask. A ton of Paragon news just dropped today.

First, there are some big changes coming down the pipe next week. Draft mode, inhibitors that no longer respawn, a bunch of minion tweaks, wide ranging hero ability tweaks and different CXP sharing, among a ton of other stuff, will all go live next week. And there are some HUGE Kallari changes; she's practically a different character now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw7eub4ySlY

Also, and this is huge to me because I use it all the time, Murdock's ult can barely clear minion waves anymore, though it DOES now have global reach as opposed to just cross-lane. It's in the patch notes here:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/introducing-draft-mode-all-heroes-rebalanced-cp-distribution-changes

In addition to those changes, there are more changes coming later on down the line, including no more travel mode, a teleport mechanic and anti-deathball mechanics:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/committing-to-change-the-future-of-our-meta

Also, the Free Open Beta starts August 15th:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/open-beta-starts-august-16-next-hero-arrives-soon

And finally, KHAIMERA IS COMING TO WRECK YOUR poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjVZz2cScg

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 10, 2016

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

Wow major changes incoming! Can't wait to see how a new meta plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Rick Sanchez posted:

Funny you should ask. A ton of Paragon news just dropped today.

I'm quite hopeful with these changes games will be shorter. Right now I find they last just a bit too long for me to ever play more than one a day.

• Locked thread