Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
drat minions do a ton more damage now, eh.

Why did they nerf Murdock's ult, that really sucks.

Where can we find lore on the characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if inhibs no longer respawn, losing one is basically gg. there's not reliable enough wave clear right now.

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if inhibs no longer respawn, losing one is basically gg. there's not reliable enough wave clear right now.

Pretty sure you can have them respawn if you return the OP Orb to your own turn in point.. I don't think it's in the patch notes but they discussed it in the meta change blog. When an inhib is down it will no longer push a full wave of super creeps towards you, instead it'll be a normal wave with 1 super creep. After the game reaches 40 min + then the waves will have 2 super creeps while inhib is down. ( I think this is like LoL )

But you may be right because it's easy for a maxed out ADC to solo the core 100%-0

EDIT: I just read some clarification that with the v27 patch inhibs will not respawn and the orb activation is something they may implement in the future.

Swedish Metal fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 10, 2016

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Yeah I'm really not too stoked on the inhibitor changes. I've had quite a few games where I faced a demonstrably better team that was outplaying mine basically the entire game only to force an inhibitor down and eventually sneak in 1-2 carries/rangers who turned the core inside out in no time flat. I mean obviously it's designed to shorten round lengths which is welcome because I too only tend to be able to stomach 1-2 matches of this game per day only because of the sheer length of each. I'd say 30 minutes should be the average, which I think is their goal because of the additional penalty of gaining an extra super minion per wav, we'll see. Really stoked to finally play riktor and steel with fighter-style damage scaling. Maybe now my ultimate will kill people.

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?
It just makes the laning phase (which we'll actually have now) more important and it'll punish people for wrong/bad decisions. Travel mode is still in after this update so rotating will be normal. Having fed ADCs will now depend more upon personal skill and last hitting since they're removing shared CXP... no more 5 man roams for the first 4-6 min of a game. Gotta learn to CS!

I too am also looking forward to the new scaling on all heros, going to put a whole new twist on things!

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Swedish Metal posted:

It just makes the laning phase (which we'll actually have now) more important and it'll punish people for wrong/bad decisions.

I'm hosed.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
New patch went live today! I, for one, LOVE the Dekker updates, especially because enemies get sucked into her Containment Fence and allies can walk out now.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the patch?

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 14, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rick Sanchez posted:

New patch went live today! I, for one, LOVE the Dekker updates, especially because enemies get sucked into her Containment Fence and allies can walk out now.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet lol. Excited to see the changes.

Mr.Obsidian
Oct 26, 2004
Surge! Surge! My Kingdom for a 12-pack of Surge!
I have a couple of access codes for this if anyone wants to give the game a try.

Mr.Obsidian fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 14, 2016

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.
Suddenly excited for this game again. Looks like the patch removes a lot of the drawn out poo poo that made games linger on for nearly an hour and rounds out the CXP gains a little better. At least one can hope. I'll have to hop back in and see if it's noticeably improved.

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.
Welp, I was just in the middle of a game 55 loving long minutes in and I got disconnected by the server. I could flip my desk right now.

Edit: according to tech support I was credited for the match anyway, it just didn't show it. Ignore this rage post.

Ecco the Dopefiend fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 18, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Rick Sanchez posted:

Funny you should ask. A ton of Paragon news just dropped today.

First, there are some big changes coming down the pipe next week. Draft mode, inhibitors that no longer respawn, a bunch of minion tweaks, wide ranging hero ability tweaks and different CXP sharing, among a ton of other stuff, will all go live next week. And there are some HUGE Kallari changes; she's practically a different character now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw7eub4ySlY

Also, and this is huge to me because I use it all the time, Murdock's ult can barely clear minion waves anymore, though it DOES now have global reach as opposed to just cross-lane. It's in the patch notes here:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/introducing-draft-mode-all-heroes-rebalanced-cp-distribution-changes

In addition to those changes, there are more changes coming later on down the line, including no more travel mode, a teleport mechanic and anti-deathball mechanics:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/committing-to-change-the-future-of-our-meta

Also, the Free Open Beta starts August 15th:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/open-beta-starts-august-16-next-hero-arrives-soon

And finally, KHAIMERA IS COMING TO WRECK YOUR poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjVZz2cScg

thanks dude!

that sounds really really promising

i had stopped playing because there were just too many minions to deal with and the spawn timer and the wave timer were ridiculous, it practically punished split pushing. This sounds interesting and Im glad they're paying attention to adjusting the minions.

Im cautious on Kallari but i remember that eventually people just kinda dunked on her a lot so having a longer stealth is beneficial to her farming. Might just fire it up

Rick Sanchez posted:

Dekker is my favorite so that sounds cool, pretty much like Odin's ult from Smite but with a pull.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 17, 2016

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Khaimera arrives tomorrow! As well as some updates:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/new-hero-bug-fixes-and-a-weekly-card-pack-in-new-update

Khaimera's Ambush + Unleash combo can be really devastating. Hope you all enjoy playing him!

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I haven't played since just before they released barfy fire man. The new guys look cool so I guess it's time to fire her up again.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I haven't played since just before they released barfy fire man. The new guys look cool so I guess it's time to fire her up again.

The game has changed a lot, even since then. Check out my previous posts for info about the changes that came through last week.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I made a PS4 group thingy

"Paragoon"

ask for an invite PSN: IntoTheMild

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Another huge update today: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/travel-mode-changes-match-length-and-ui-improvements

And this is pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmU2UFQEPMY

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 30, 2016

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Also, you can get a badass Black Carbon Steel skin for free if you like Paragon on Facebook: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/like-us-get-a-free-skin

It's basically one of my favorite skins since I saw it for the first time a couple of months ago. Glad it's finally here!

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Pretty proud of how this team fight turned out. I'm the Dekker and my coworker is Rampage.

The game was a slog and largely at a standstill for a long time. The enemy team got orb and tried to dunk it, but we cut them off, I penned them and all hell broke loose. We killed the entire team, dunked the orb and proceeded to take out two of their inhibitors.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So how is the game so far? A few of my friends who have never played dota are deciding to try this game even though they all own overwatch for some strange reason.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Any of you guys have trouble getting the game to work on PC after buying it for playstation? I linked my PSN account to my epic games account but I'm still prompted to buy the game from the launcher on PC.

I did download and install it on PS4; can I only have one copy per purchase?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Not that I'm aware of. Contact Epic support and let them know what's going on. Maybe they can help.

Scooter
May 12, 2001

canadianclassic posted:

Any of you guys have trouble getting the game to work on PC after buying it for playstation? I linked my PSN account to my epic games account but I'm still prompted to buy the game from the launcher on PC.

I did download and install it on PS4; can I only have one copy per purchase?

I read somewhere that you have to run the game once on the PlayStation before it will unlock for your Epic account on PC.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I've been playing this for a few days and have been having fun, and I don't even like Dota or LoL.

I just wish some matches weren't 45 minutes. Who has that kind of time to dedicate to a single match?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
played yesterday after seeing the fey was out

it took an hour and 20 minutes to finish, thats just insane lol

its still impossible to splitpush in this game

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Well everyone, it's been a minute. Sorry I haven't posted in so long! But, love it or hate it, Open Beta for Paragon is here.

Many of you know I'm on the team that makes the character intro videos, but we've been working on this trailer for a couple of months now and I can finally share it with all of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q2U1bRuy2I

Welcome to all the new players!

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 16, 2016

brightweasel
Apr 19, 2006
Weasel that shines like the sun.
That's a cool trailer, nice work!

I downloaded Paragon yesterday to give it a shot and ended up really loving it. I don't have a huge amount of MOBA experience outside of HotS, but it's a very entertaining game.

I do wish the matches were a bit shorter though.

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
Yeah the games taking 1hr plus is rough.

What are you favorite heroes so far?

I've been bumping Gideon and Muriel. GIdeon just seems crazy OP right now.

Can't wait for that new guy Narbash.

Where's a good place to find card builds? Is there a fansite for this yet?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I still like a lot of this game. but yeah the long match times kill me. I can't really do much practice with different characters since I really end up only doing one match a day.

Favorite Heroes: Howitzer and the Fey, yeah I like casters. Narbrash looks mechanically to be a big green ogre version of lucio from Overwatch, And I like Lucio!

Card builds, not sure. The official forums used to have some, and some guy on youtube has some build guides as well. That said, since cards are luck based you will still end up having to make up half your deck yourself unless you are lucky enough to have all the same cards they used.

Edit: https://paragon.gg/decks

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 20, 2016

Scooter
May 12, 2001

nohopeindope posted:

Where's a good place to find card builds? Is there a fansite for this yet?

Check out http://agora.gg/ and http://fury.gg/. I prefer agora, but they both have player/match stats and a way to browse/share decks.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Is anyone playing this game? I'm pretty in love with it minus the lag and driver errors. Also really love playing Kallari :D

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
I've played a few matches and it would be really helpful to have some teamwork instead of a bunch of randoms.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i am also playing this game, it is fun but boy hour long matches are not fun

ign: rafza if anyone wants to friend me for some premades

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Some changes coming soon. Obsidian Rampage is quite awesome and the hovering rocks on his shoulders and back move based on his movements. Great skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylwcrWLimM0

I'm proud to say I was playing Kallari this game and I was being kind of awesome. That's really the only reason I wanted to post this :v:

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 5, 2016

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The new jungle mob models look great as well!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Finally got around to giving this a shot and it seems ok?

They give ya all the heroes with some minimal gating but the progression stuff seems awkward, you're effectively building an item pool to work with ingame. And you can choose to cripple yourself going in with basically nothing. I maybe less comfortable with how the cards are handled since you're getting them in random packs with no crafting option.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I generally find some things less than easy to understand in this game, it took me a while to work out how the item slotting onto cards works. Worked it out eventually though, and I played a game as Murdock and after a short period of time being stomped, I six-slotted myself and started blowing dudes up. It was really fun.

Only really tried Gideon, Murdock and Gadget so far.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I just ordered a new video card and it gave me credits for Paragon but I have not played nor do I have the desire to play this game. Here's the code if anyone wants it:

Merry Christmas random goons!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I have free paragon coins too, but does anyone even play the game or care? I'll post my code if someone wants them (or pm me to guarantee you get them, rather than some filthy unregistered lurker who hasn't paid their tenbux).
taken, someone does care :unsmith:

Klyith fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I keep checking the thread too late!

RIP Me

• Locked thread